• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Won't embed these since they are semi /!\ NSFW /!\

Freecam usage
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuaveJollyHorsePartyTime

Gravure idols posing
https://clips.twitch.tv/ViscousSavoryGarageNomNom
https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousLongDinosaurKappaPride

Stream temporarily cut and apology issued (edit: original tweet deleted)

uPSiPnQ.png

Dead or Alive confirmed to not reflect core FGC values.

Last edited:
Staff Post - Do not dismiss concerns or make false equivalences

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread rebooted. Do not dismiss concerns about female objectification in this thread, and do not attempt to derail the discussion with irrelevant tangents about violence in video games: one does not excuse the other.

Keep in mind that we have a diverse community and insensitivity or immaturity in topics like these can make many members, especially women, uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Irrespective of Tecmo's shenanigans or one's opinion of DOA, Mr. Wiz doesn't speak for the FGC and that now-deleted statement was corny as hell.

Oct 25, 2017
This is evo's fuck up. If you need to screen content to ensure your sponsors are happy then you need to do a proper job of it.

In b4 Evo Japan 2020 is cancelled.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The TWEET was deleted, and I can't watch the videos now, what happened exactly?

Oct 26, 2017
Given how stuff like that was perfectly normal and even celebrated in gaming magazines and press when I grew up, and how it is now become a bizarre relic of that past that creates bewilderment is a good indicator we're moving in the right direction.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada

There was a Team Ninja? dude on stage with 2 gravure models in ripped clothing they kept freeze framing the game and zooming in on the characters boobs and crotches and commenting about it. The Models were also commenting on each other boobs and stuff and poking each others and such. The last freeze frame before the stream was cut was a male character giving a female character a sit-down power bomb and his face clipping into her crotch

560383129.jpg

The tl;dr on the tweet was : sorry for the content on stream it doesn't represent EVO's core values

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Gravure models showed their boob windows on stream and promoted Dead or Alive 6. The other video shows the free camera in the game and Bass holding Nyotengo in a certain way, stopping the game and turning around both of them and showing of Bass well...looks like he does something sexual to Nyotengu. The free camera thing is nothing new. Feels like an old autoshow where they did this too all the time.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
I tried to show the screenshot of the tweet, but it's not showing up here..

Anyways, he said "integrity of our brand" and "core values"

Never cringed so hard in my entire life, lol
DzbzjOSX0AcQYq_.jpg
DzbzjOSX0AcQYq_.jpg

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
Bizarre that something like this even still occurs. You would have thought the world would wake up to the backlash against objectification of women after the whole ring girl debacle from last year.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There was a Team Ninja? dude on stage with 2 gravure models in ripped clothing they kept freeze framing the game and zooming in on the characters boobs and crotches and commenting about it. The last freeze frame before the stream was cut was a male character giving a female character a sit-down power bomb and his face clipping into her crotch

560383129.jpg

The tl;dr on the tweet was : sorry for the content on stream it doesn't represent EVO's core values

Oh I see, that's fucked up, but doesn't surprise me, Koei Tecmo is still using a lot of emphasis in the sexual aspects of the game in Japan, while here tries to promote it as a legit fighter.

Kinda explains why only the western side of EVO has apologized while the japanese one is still promoting it

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Core Values is now a meme in the Evo Twitch chat.

probably why the tweet was deleted.

Mailenstein

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Saw the clips and it seems to me just like any other day here in Japan to be honest. I can see how this is shocking for people living in the west, but then again, that's the reality here.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I may be missing it, but what exactly is cringe about this tweet?

I don't think that it was removed for being cringe, It could either be that they were afraid that it will become a meme (which seems that already did) or that Koei Tecmo complained for indirectly throwing their ad under the bus.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tecmo USA:"Yeah, we gonna try to not focus so much on sexualization on DoA6, we want this to be played by all kind of peo..."

*Tecmo JP enter with two gravure models*
Tecmo JP:"oww yeah baby DoA6 is about titties... Buy my game I know I'd buy that for a dollar hahaha"

Tecmo USA:"... Here goes the PR plan to hide the pervyness..."

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks Tecmo for once again kicking your own brand into the wrong direction.

Sincerely
Someone who likes DOA for it's flow and mechanics

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is evo's fuck up. If you need to screen content to ensure your sponsors are happy then you need to do a proper job of it.
This.
Also disappointed in Tecmo since they seemed to give an inclination of acknowledging their problematic objectification but proceed to completely lean into it.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It took me a moment to realize what was happening in that first link. DoA6 has enough image problems without official streams taking adantage of animation quirks and a free camera angle to make stuff that can be viewed as nsfw.

Add the model stiff in the bizarre ripped clothes it truly does feel like there is a divide between DoA6 trying to be taken seriously and DoA6 embracing it's horny fanbase. DoA6 could be the most technically deep fighter of all time but I feel the damage to the DoA brand is permanent. I imagine if KT made a new series that used the exact same combat system but was detatched from the sexy boob jiggle that made DoA famous it would probably do pretty well in the FGC.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tecmo USA:"Yeah, we gonna try to not focus so much on sexualization on DoA6, we want this to be played by all kind of peo..."

*Tecmo JP enter with two gravure models*
Tecmo JP:"oww yeah baby DoA6 is about titties... Buy my game I know I'd buy that for a dollar hahaha"

Tecmo USA:"... Here goes the PR plan to hide the pervyness..."

Trying to hide the pervyness in DoA seems like a losing battle.

Left hand not knowing what the right was doing seems what happened.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Official Staff Communication
Thread rebooted. Do not dismiss concerns about female objectification in this thread, and do not attempt to derail the discussion with irrelevant tangents about violence in video games: one does not excuse the other.

Keep in mind that we have a diverse community and insensitivity or immaturity in topics like these can make many members, especially women, uncomfortable.

I'm not sure what can be said in this thread if we can't talk about differences between america and japan (or any non-USA centric culture I guess), so it's a bit perplexing.

Edit: my bad, couldn't find back the old thread. Some good points in there too.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
What even does "free camera" mean in this case. Just someone paused the game mid match to make it seem sexual? I've recently seen the same thing done in smash ultimate to make it look like incineroar is fondling zero suit Samus. Fucking grow up people.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not sure what can be said in this thread if we can't talk about differences between america and japan (or any non-USA centric culture I guess), so it's a bit perplexing.

To be fair the staff post says that we can't "what about" this thing with the violence that is included in fighting games.

It never says that we can't discuss the marketing and cultural differences between KT USA and KT Japan

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a Team Ninja? dude on stage with 2 gravure models in ripped clothing they kept freeze framing the game and zooming in on the characters boobs and crotches and commenting about it. The Models were also commenting on each other boobs and stuff and poking each others and such. The last freeze frame before the stream was cut was a male character giving a female character a sit-down power bomb and his face clipping into her crotch

560383129.jpg

That's fucked up

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry not sure about any of this so I'm probably missing a ton, but isn't the whole point of the DOA series boobies and other titillating features? What did they expect would happen when they streamed it? It's a game for adults (though I assume it's mostly 12 year olds thay but it).

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

You agree and move on, like in most of those threads.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I may be missing it, but what exactly is cringe about this tweet?

Because it's not true. You're not exactly gonna get a huge following of the FGC actually complaining about what was shown on stream. Wiz is just protecting his brand and trying to keep the other family friendly advertisers happy.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
You can. Violence is irrelevant.
You saying it is doesn't really make it so.
It's similar to Era's FAQ saying "if it can't air on MTV or american TV don't post it, or ask an american about it". There's some weird analogies that can be made, and is kinda relevant when the involved party having an issue (western branch of EVO) is heavily promoting a gory title at the same time.

Saying it's irrelevant is just hoping nobody talks about the hypocrisy of that country (since it's more than just JP vs USA).

I guess even saying the DOA stuff shown is tame for a japanese stream (check Famitsu streams) will not be approved anyway.
To be fair the staff post says that we can't "what about" this thing with the violence that is included in fighting games.

It never says that we can't discuss the marketing and cultural differences between KT USA and KT Japan
The issue there isn't the difference between KT branches.
The issue is between EVO branches. The official EVO JP twitter promoted those two gravure idols. Mr Wiz met with Saudi Princes. The main EVO game, SFV, has lewder stuff than in DOA6.

The "core values" thing is ridiculous and hypocritical.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I get you have to please your sponsors and thats why it got cut off but talking about protecting the "core values of the FGC" is one of the most hilarious things i ever read.

That tweet was a mistake and thats why he obviously deleted it. Its gonna be a meme for all of eternity.

Oct 25, 2017
You saying it is doesn't really make it so.
It's similar to Era's FAQ saying "if it can't air on MTV or american TV don't post it, or ask an american about it". There's some weird analogies that can be made, and is kinda relevant when the involved party having an issue (western branch of EVO) is heavily promoting a gory title at the same time.

Saying it's irrelevant is just hoping nobody talks about the hypocrisy of that country (since it's more than just JP vs USA).

I guess even saying the DOA stuff shown is tame for a japanese stream (check Famitsu streams) will not be approved anyway.

The issue there isn't the difference between KT branches.
The issue is between EVO branches. The official EVO JP twitter promoted those two gravure idols. Mr Wiz met with Saudi Princes. The main EVO game, SFV, has lewder stuff than in DOA6.

The "core values" thing is ridiculous and hypocritical.
Hey I dunno maybe the take away shoud be that promoting gore, sexist garbage in SFV and this DOA6 debacle are all shit that should go away rather than using the other things to excuse this? What do I know.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Team Ninja: "Please take our fighting game seriously."

lol

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Relishing in harmful objectification; Ignoring modpost
I hope after this KT will forget all about fgc/evo bullshit and just focus to their fanbase and rank up the sexiness to 11, just like MK did with violence

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
This just adds another example as to why the FGC is so toxic when it comes to the overall view of women in it. For as progressive as the community is for racial diversity, it's awfully sexist.

Joey can claim this doesn't represent the "core values" or w/e dumb corporate speak he wants to say, but the community itself has spoken up and shown that a lot of it is in favor of this kind of pervy sexism.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory false equivalencies and ignoring staff post
Hey I dunno maybe the take away shoud be that promoting gore, sexist garbage in SFV and this DOA6 debacle are all shit that should go away rather than using the other things to excuse this? What do I know.
Cool, as long as everybody agrees on that.
Which isn't exactly clear both in the staff post and in some others.
I hope after this KT will forget all about fgc/evo bullshit and just focus to their fanbase and rank up the sexiness to 11, just like MK did with violence
They've already done that with DOA5.