• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
the point that ONLY LESBIANS enjoy to touch other women is freaking killing me.

I don't think any men here is in a position to say what women may like or not to touch, especially if you're going to put as an example what 2 paid professionals do in TV or streams.

"hey!, but straight dudes like to touch their dongs for fun"

how does it sound?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think any men here is in a position to say what women may like or not to touch, especially if you're going to put as an example what 2 paid professionals do in TV or streams.

how does it sound?

i am in not position to tell you are correct, but i have seen friends of mine doing because they are just messing with the other one and stuff like that.

but yeah, the ones on the clip is totally a different case and it is not comparable at all.

i just find really weird that people here are saying "only lesbian women enjoy touching other women"

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

how does it sound?

Well playful ball punches are thing....

I don't know why people are speaking about this as if it's either all or noone doing this

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Wow that's sorta crazy they were trying to advertise the game like that.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the point I was making, but they all come for you if you try to make valid points. Be careful.

we all know, straight women dont start flonding other women and start making sounds and the like, that much is obvious.

but to say that only lesbian women touch other women feels bonkers to me

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can apply the contrary too, here people are saying only lesbian women touch other women, so pack it up straight women, you cant ever touch another women again
This is the point I was making, but they all come for you if you try to make valid points. Be careful.

Yes I'm sure the women in this thread responding to you don't know what women do. Clearly you two men know more than women simply because...?

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what the jealousy thing has to do with any of this, but for a bit of fun, yes, there are some girls who fondle each other's breasts in the real world. Crazy, I know. I'm far from saying that's an every day thing you see on the street, but people like to have fun in certain times and places.
Valid points huh?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
do not attempt to derail the discussion with irrelevant tangents about violence in video games: one does not excuse the other.
Y'all motherfuckers can't go one thread without equating the two so it's good that we finally have a staff post for this.

Also, this was incredibly unprofessional yes. Was the first clip just a glitch or?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
you can apply the contrary too, here people are saying only lesbian women touch other women, so pack it up straight women, you cant ever touch another women again

Yeah, it's absolutely, totally the same when a woman tells a man what women enjoy, versus when it's a man telling a woman what they enjoy.

I can't think of a single reason why there should be any difference at all.

None whatsoever. Nope.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
this situation reminds me of that hilarious team razer pic with fuudo and yuka (one of the models in this promo)

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's absolutely, totally the same when a woman tells a man what women enjoy, versus when it's a man telling a woman what they enjoy.

I can't think of a single reason why there should be any difference at all.

None whatsoever. Nope.

can you point me where in this thread i was correcting a woman telling that she enjoys touching other women?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
can you point me where in this thread i was correcting a woman telling that she enjoys touching other women?

Sure!
We... we really don't...
Signed,
Girl

i am in not position to tell you are correct, but i have seen friends of mine doing because they are just messing with the other one and stuff like that.

but yeah, the ones on the clip is totally a different case and it is not comparable at all.

i just find really weird that people here are saying "only lesbian women enjoy touching other women"

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine botching your PR so badly you create a new meme. AND in cutting the stream all he did was create a controversy so now people are even more aware of it than if they'd just let it air and apologize afterwards. DoA6 just got way more exposure too.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
what an annoying thing to say
hope you are joking, because this is a shitty post
why are talking about things and doing things mutually exclusive
Because it's something that can be done if you care enough about it.

I don't think women should be objectified as much as you do, but it's a part of Japan's culture. A trip to akihabara usually contains tons of sexualized images and "hot glue" figures, so if you wanna make a change, see what going over there and organizing something will lead to.

It'll either be rejected or gain traction. It's on you.

With the right set of minds behind the idea of shifting an entire culture, righteous things can happen.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Well then stop bitching, and go over there and start a revolution.
24703.jpg

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think women should be objectified as much as you do, but it's a part of Japan's culture. A trip to akihabara usually contains tons of sexualized images and "hot glue" figures, so if you wanna make a change, see what going over there and organizing something will lead to.

you are complaining that other people are complaining about something. Why complain about that when you could come to my house and convince me in person?

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China

you are complaining that other people are complaining about something. Why complain about that when you could come to my house and convince me in person?
I initially simply cosigned a statement made by a Japan resident. Then someone quoted me.

We can play back and forthy all day, but in the end, it happened in japan and if you really feel that strongly about it, go and try to make a conserted effort to cause change in their country.

Jan 3, 2019
I initially simply cosigned a statement made by a Japan resident. Then someone quoted me.

We can play back and forthy all day, but in the end, it happened in japan and if you really feel that strongly about it, go and try to make a conserted effort to cause change in their country.
If you think something must be changed, quit your job and leave your family behind or you're not allowed to talk about it.
24703.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

With the right set of minds behind the idea of shifting an entire culture, righteous things can happen.

It's PART of Japanese culture because of BS ""sentiments"" like this reifying it.
YOU are also the problem, and YOU ignoring me and women saying "it's just the culture" is what fucks us up too. And when we do "revolutionize" you bitch right back because women are apparently wrong about how THEIR bodies get treated.

Does life imitate art? Does art imitate life? Down the road, the line blurs, and people don't want to realize just how much what we see actually affects our perceptions. Truth is, we suck at cutting off the real world from what we see presented in media.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

that is something that you and I can both agree is impossible (especially as outsiders). your suggestion to do that is a way to shut down any discussion on the topic of japans cultural misogyny.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
It's PART of Japanese culture because of BS ""sentiments"" like this reifying it.
YOU are also the problem, and YOU ignoring me and women saying "it's just the culture" is what fucks us up too. And when we do """revolutionize""" you bitch right back because women are apparently wrong about how THEIR bodies get treated.
That's not what I said whatsoever. You're putting words in my mouth.

Not even gonna bother, because what you just did was rude.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, they did- though at least one of the models has a background in playing fighting games.

I do find it ironic that DOA was the first FG to really try to push women participating in the competitive scene. 3D fighters in general tend to do better when it comes to women participating in their games- Tekken has several, SC has Kayane as their most famous player, even if she's a bit washed up now the way Valle is, and VF had a few as well.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
that is something that you and I can both agree is impossible (especially as outsiders). your suggestion to do that is a way to shut down any discussion on the topic of japans cultural misogyny.
I do NOT think it's impossible. I think it's entirely possible to make change with the right organization skills and connections. That's how change happens, man.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

There's always a lot of context in these things though. For example, you say these friends are messing with each other, and that's what enjoy, mess with the other, not necessary the touching.

Like, I'm sure a lot of guys here went for a quick (weak you monsters!) punch in the nuts to another, and that doesnt mean you enjoy touching other's sacks, just messing with them.

Claims objectification is part of Japanese culture, and then talk about Akihabara, like Akihabara was the whole Japan.

Said it in another thread, you guys going to Japan need to step out of damn Akihabara. It's just a damn small part of Tokyo, let alone Japan, tying that to japanese culture is almost insulting. Seriously, go see the whole island, there's so much culture to see that isn't Otaku stuff. I assure you what you'll see in Akihabara you won't see it in other places.