• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad the best Smash Bros is getting the entrant numbers it deserves.

I'll probably watch everything except SFV this year (not all Live admittedly.) such a good lineup. Mostly excited for Tekken though.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
It's honestly the best MK ever made, but the top 7 have some really strange design decisions in a neutral based game like this. It's seriously off putting that a patch to fix the crazy damage and krushing blows some kharacters have. Not talking about any balancing or silly moves but they're in there also.

It's not that, tbh.

MK has no asian community. It's very limited overseas in general. A huge number of the entrants across all games came at a time where people did not know whether they would like MK11, or know where the meta will fall, so it's no reflection of how a new game is perceived after it's released.

Something like SamSho for example, I'm guessing, had a majority of it's entrants before it came out and has a lot of crossover with other games. This will probably be the only huge SamSho tournament ever.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good numbers for Ultimate. Really excited for the tournament this year.
Tekken still seeing an increase yoy that's great to see.
SFV numbers ain't bad either though are probably a little hurt by an unexciting Season 4/balance concerns.
Very surprising to see SamSho this high up. That's the biggest SNK tournament ever. I don't find the game very exciting personally but good on the community for showing up.
Also good numbers for MK11. NRS games usually aren't that hot competitively so this is a pretty good result.
The drop for DBFZ from last year was expected unfortunately, I still like to watch the game. Hoping for a hype tournament.
UNIST is a heartwarming success story. That's a community putting the money where their mouth is so to speak.
SCVI seems rather low for its Evo debut which is a shame. I think the game is pretty fun. Oh well.
And finally we have BBTAG. The numbers aren't terrible for the kind of game it is but it's almost a 50% drop from last year which is unfortunate. Especially since I think the game is now in a better place than ever with the current patch.
ArcSys really botched the post-release communication and support for this game.
Still gonna be a fun tourney to watch though in the end.

Overall those are good numbers all around. Personally excited to watch Smash Ultimate, SFV, T7, DBFZ and BBTAG. Sunday's treating me pretty well. Looking forward to that.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
can't see the numbers but not surprised. It's the highest selling of all the games listed.
while sales figures are obviously majorly important, the current Evo record is 5000 and that was by SFV, which had probably barely reached 2 million sold at that point. NRS games also sell far more than SF games and they never hit these highs.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
while sales figures are obviously majorly important, the current Evo record is 5000 and that was by SFV, which had probably barely reached 2 million sold at that point. NRS games also sell far more than SF games and they never hit these highs.
SFV sold at least 3 million at this point. Not 2 million.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It's incredible how the killed the momentum of FighterZ congrats Namco and Toei

I dunno if its just that. Sure that shit earlier in the year that killed alot of tournaments when excitement was at is height takes huge responsibility for this games current status, but the gameplay and post launch support itself is probably responsible too.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Guys he mispelt Samsho as Smasho. He's talking about Samsho online and now confused about Switch Lite crossplay lol.

That said I though Samsho's online was fine :/

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I figured dbfz would end up getting more entrants than unists, but it's impressive that unist got this many to begin with

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
84k385ws2x901.png

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Tekken has me hype af

Seriously, Tekken is the best thing you could watch during almost any FGC event. Don't @ me

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know what the split between viewing figures were last year?.. maybe just the finals? I'm wondering how they correlate with the admission numbers..

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
With all the negativity surrounding SFV not receiving single a SINGLE update in the entire calendar year of 2019 so far, it's still the No. 2 game. I just hope it's not the LAST game on Sunday. Wiz, please make sure SFV is not the final game on Sunday, cause I'd like to actually get some sleep that night.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy numbers for Sam Sho. Wish it was Sunday. I'm way more interested in it than BB.

Disappointing final number for SC6. Feels like the SC series is going to be one and done yet again. I hope it puts on an amazing show and proves me wrong, but I'd be surprised to see it next year.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hah in the end SFV snatched second place.

And what happened to all the douchebags spamming random DBZ gifs in unrelated threads? lol.

The biggest shocker is SamSho's numbers.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
When your game with the lowest number of entries sets a record for being the highest in that category then it's a healthy event

Happy to see the UNIST numbers. It was the grass roots push and it's great when they got their shot people showed up

The SamSho numbers are also cool. I agree with people that say it's a great side EVO game to enter and that's driving up the numbers. Fun game that isn't hard to pick up and go

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
With all the negativity surrounding SFV not receiving single a SINGLE update in the entire calendar year of 2019 so far, it's still the No. 2 game. I just hope it's not the LAST game on Sunday. Wiz, please make sure SFV is not the final game on Sunday, cause I'd like to actually get some sleep that night.
There have been updates, the problem is that none of them have been for anything other than cosmetic content (costumes, stages).
Crazy numbers for Sam Sho. Wish it was Sunday. I'm way more interested in it than BB.

Disappointing final number for SC6. Feels like the SC series is going to be one and done yet again. I hope it puts on an amazing show and proves me wrong, but I'd be surprised to see it next year.
Current interest in SS means it likely would've brought in more viewers, but unlike Arc with more BBTAG characters and a possible unveiling of the next Guilty Gear, there's not really much of anything that SNK would be able to announce (they've detailed the roadmap for S1 of SS in advance, and it doesn't seem likely that they'll be revealing KoF XV just yet).

And Bamco have no one to blame but themselves for SCVI's lackluster competitive scene presence after treating the game as an afterthought compared to T7 and DBFZ, up to and including not being able to finish a season pass with only four characters (three really, considering that Tira was confirmed held back from the main game by order of executives) nearly a year after the game launched.