• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First time i will be able to watch sf5 top 8 live in the uk. The time slot change should have been done years ago, i think last year i woke up around 6am for work and grand finals was still going on.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
In for Samsho, tekken and Uniel ! Fighting games are the best games, it is FACT!

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017

LETS GO.

Next year will be the 10th year I since I started watching EVO... Christ. I can't believe it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread Kadey . I'll be rooting for Punk to finally take Evo, he has a stronger chance now than in 2017. His mental fortitude is much better now. I'm also very interested in knowing what the hell Capcom has been working on all this time (almost as much as the tournament itself). Expectations are set to disappointment though.

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
Somewhat related: what's a good way to casually watch / keep tabs on FGC in general throughout the year? Are there any good streams I should be watching? Seems like i always tend to binge a bunch of content during EVO and then I just stop watching anything but the occasional tourney that crosses my twitter feed.
AceKingOffSuit, the guy that makes the schedules a lot of people use, is not a bad place to look since he covers most big tournaments.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
O8mYD5DbOgiIBQrh2tlJyYKA-yGiAe8Dir12yM6bwLk.gif

It's time
Still the GOAT gif

I'm so hyped, I'm fucking watching everything

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
SS6208_1024x1024.jpg

Seriously, I probably look forward to Evo more than any holiday or birthday.

Excited to see the Sony reveal, VERY excited (but more anxious) about the SFV update.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Nice OP!

ZWyvIq1.gif

I am looking forward the most to the actual SFV tournament; for some reason I just ain't feeling the hype about SFV's announcement yet. I will be rooting for Sako and Machabo, though I am honestly fine with almost anyone winning. Hoping to see at least a couple of underdogs make it into the semis as well.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Can't wait for this. Gonna be able to watch a lot more than usual too.

When's the merch on sale? Might grab something

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait but on notable players I see Ally listed, wasnt he retired from the Smash competitive scene? Or is this just not up to date?

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I have been absolutely out of the loop on the FGC for the last few months but I *always* make sure to take Friday and Monday off for EVO! Cannot wait :)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4-8pm Saturday is absolute insanity with Samsho and all of those side tournament finals.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited for this but I'm not sure how much I will be able to watch since this will be the first time I will be working during EVO.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Flying out tomorrow for this. Can't wait.

Signed up for SCVI and BBTag among the main games, as well as Project Justice at Animevo.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Why was the ps4 logo so small (especially when compared to the SRK one)....lmao..

Weekend's gonna be hyped AF

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm need that SFV announcement to be good Capcom. Matter of fact just give me Rolento and I'll be happy!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another year, another Kadey made EVO thread. It's like coming home!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
For someone in Europe, SFV top 8 being scheduled at 12 pm PDT is pretty much perfect. The semis at 8 pm... less so.

(12 pm PDT = 9 pm CEST; 8 pm PDT = 5 am CEST...)

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
Evo doesn't feel real until the Kadey OT comes out. A tradition unlike any other.

Oct 28, 2017
Only need to stay up until 3am BST this year to watch everything top 8 worth watching. I can get some sleep in before work!

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I used to enjoy the finals day a lot more when it was in the packed ball room and not an arena, and there were more games I'm interested in.

Still hype.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No finals late Sunday night? that's weird, but I guess its good for Internationale viewers.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Good job Kadey!

Gonna miss Zhi on commentary.

One of my favourite memories from Evo include Aris and Kayo Police on commentary.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Wait but on notable players I see Ally listed, wasnt he retired from the Smash competitive scene? Or is this just not up to date?

Retired and subsequently banned for having a relationship with an underage competitor

Yeah, I was just about to say.

He shouldn't be on that list.

Marss (consensus top 3 player in the world with MKLeo & Tweek) nowhere to be found on that list either.
Don't see Light or ZackRay either, really list is kind of weird after the first few people

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Best Evo trailer btw

Rooting for Punk. He definitely got his groove back but somehow I feel he can't take it.
Machabo is someone to look out for.

Can't wait for the announcements.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
In for Samsho, tekken and Uniel ! Fighting games are the best games, it is FACT!
FACTS
Still the GOAT gif

I'm so hyped, I'm fucking watching everything
Same. I dunno how people can skip so many games and only stick to one or two. The Jump-off has been a sick way of keeping up with the different games in the past few years so I'm looking forward to that again.
JDCR so nice OP included him twice on the Tekken list. lol.
That AK too crisp
I'm need that SFV announcement to be good Capcom. Matter of fact just give me Rolento and I'll be happy!
If I never see that bastard again, it'll be too soon.
I used to enjoy the finals day a lot more when it was in the packed ball room and not an arena, and there were more games I'm interested in.

Still hype.
Yeah, I think I agree. Felt a little more intimate which made things more hype. I don't think Woshige standing up would have been as hype if it wasn't for the crowd that was right there and how Ogawa is celebrating with them once he wins.

I think Combo Breaker has the best current setup.
and probably the best everything else 👀

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Retired and subsequently banned for having a relationship with an underage competitor

Marss (consensus top 3 player in the world with MKLeo & Tweek) nowhere to be found on that list either.
Don't see Light or ZackRay either, really list is kind of weird after the first few people
Light's on there, but Gluttony and Shuton aren't for some reason.

K9 and Wizzrobe are good players and all but they look severely out of place in a list like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have a viewing party with some friends this weekend I think, should be a great time. We'll probably be playing some fighting games on the side while watching too.