• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Smash is exceptionally balanced. In the top 20 of the PGR, if we only look at mains and not secondaries, only 2 characters appear more than once (3 olimars and 2 Snakes). And in general in top 50 including secondaries there's a lot of the roster represented

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
oh they actually freed us

congrats to mkleo. i don't follow smash, but this final set of games made it look pretty good

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
Hero just came out and BanjoKazooie won't be out til October
Did you really think Nintendo cared for competitive? Lmao.
An online tournament was announced.
You deserve to be disappointed if you expected one
I'm going to say this again. We got two character announcement at E3 so you were only fooling yourself if you thought an announcement was happening.
Oh well, we're all free now ^_^

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So no Smash announcement? That is disappointing T_T

Oh come on, did you really expect-

Hero just came out and BanjoKazooie won't be out til October
Did you really think Nintendo cared for competitive? Lmao.
An online tournament was announced.
You deserve to be disappointed if you expected one
I'm going to say this again. We got two character announcement at E3 so you were only fooling yourself if you thought an announcement was happening.

Umm... Nevermind then. Nintendo doesn't do EVO. Simple as that.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Lol at the people who thought nintendo would announce anything at 2 in the morning east cost

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
MKLeo was fucking unstoppable. Excellent Smash Ultimate Grand Finals, though I admit it's a bit weird not closing EVO with Street Fighter.

Cheers everybody! :D

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017

Just to check... Did SFV or Tekken 7 also beat out Fortnite? Because that's pretty big if even for just a short time you had Smash overthrow Fortnite on Twitch Viewership.

Props to the Evo production team for leaving out SamSho during the ending video package. I see you

Pretty sure there's going to be some changes in the production team considering the amount of issues we got during this year's EVO...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure there's going to be some changes in the production team considering the amount of issues we got during this year's EVO...

Oh, I was complimenting them because of who won Samsho.

The production issues were unfortunate, but as they say, streaming is a blowup. I think they did the best they could.
Whoever was in charge of the ad breaks for MK11 (some WB suit I bet) deserves to get canned though. Ruined that top 8 completely

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Before I go to bed I want to say great tournament top to bottom.

As for 2020, I don't see any major changes to the lineup, mainly given that we are inching towards the end of the generation.

Locks:
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Smash Ultimate
Dragonball FighterZ
Mortal Kombat 11
Soul Calibur VI

Probably Safe:
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (I only hesitate just in case Guilty Gear releases early next year, but with 2.0 coming out in November this should stick around for at least one more year)

Wild Card:
Samurai Showdown
Under Night in Birth

We will probably see at most two changes to the lineup. KOF XV doesn't have a release window so unless someone pulls a Mortal Kombat (announces in December, releases in April) there won't be a new game in the field. Any changes would have to come with already released games.

Either way goodnight my friends and game on! Maybe this time I will dedicate myself to getting better at Street Fighter

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I just want to say that I really dont enjoy cross tag one bit. Give us Blazblue 5 already. Central fiction has that damn cliffhanger ending .....

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

As for 2020, I don't see any major changes to the lineup, mainly given that we are inching towards the end of the generation.

Locks:
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Smash Ultimate
Dragonball FighterZ
Mortal Kombat 11
Soul Calibur VI

Probably Safe:
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (I only hesitate just in case Guilty Gear releases early next year, but with 2.0 coming out in November this should stick around for at least one more year)

Wild Card:
Samurai Showdown
Under Night in Birth

We will probably see at most two changes to the lineup. KOF XV doesn't have a release window so unless someone pulls a Mortal Kombat (announces in December, releases in April) there won't be a new game in the field. Any changes would have to come with already released games.

Either way goodnight my friends and game on! Maybe this time I will dedicate myself to getting better at Street Fighter

I'd say SoulCalibur 6 is more of a wildcard than SamSho. Sadly, not a lot of people are into SC6 :(

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Locks:
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Smash Ultimate
Dragonball FighterZ
Mortal Kombat 11
Soul Calibur VI

Probably Safe:

Wild Card:
Samurai Showdown
Under Night in Birth

Granblue is gonna knock FighterZ out of there.
SamSho is a lock after this year (like BBTag was after last year)

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Locks:
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
Smash Ultimate
Dragonball FighterZ
Mortal Kombat 11
Soul Calibur VI

Probably Safe:

Wild Card:
Samurai Showdown
Under Night in Birth

Granblue seems more likely to me for showing up, I'm not expecting Guilty Gear to be out by then.

tatotiburon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Killa
i have to be honest, i suck in fighting games, never play them and overall not interested, so i never watched EVO before...BUT MAN a friend of mine make me watch this smash ultimate final and i was instalnty hooked, i jumped, screamed like this was a soccer game, cheered that mexican guy, THAT COMEBACK OMG, that was amazing, i really enjoyed it, so much talented players...now i cant wait for next EVO