• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
"Basically, we've made five great movies," Holland told EW. "It's been five amazing years. I've had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I'm going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It's going to be so fun, however we choose to do it. The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we'll find new ways to make it even cooler."

"I'm feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy," Feige told EW. "We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we'd be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I'll always be thankful for that."

:(

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Did you mean "talk" or are they trashing the franchise?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess we won't be seeing Spidey hanging out as an official member of the New Avengers after all.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah "talk" gives the thread a whole different context than "tank" XD

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we'd be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I'll always be thankful for that

Cool to see that you've moved on to acceptance, Kevin, but some of us haven't okay

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope Feige has a way to sort out the cliffhangers and opened plotlines that was in FFH somehow...

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
TerrificWanArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that kinda sounds like even they know it's over. I mean, I guess there could always be a miracle but, yeah, I'm thinking that's that.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Anything can happen. He can always pop back in some day. Obviously I wish we got one more stand alone just to finish off the trilogy but if Sony's standalone finishes the story I'll be happy. As long as I get something that deals with what we got coming from Far From Home I'll be somewhat happy. We got a big cast with upcoming MCU stuff so we'll still have lots to enjoy. But I would have loved to see a Spidey / Torch friendship blossom.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
So how does it work with Iron Man being such a huge part of this spider man and of course avengers and what, that stuff is still in as part of some weirdo deal tangentially or "hey guys its regular ass spider man let's forget a lot of that stuff" (which I would love)

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
So will this mean no Happy cause he's part of the MCU? It'll be real jarring seeing a sequel without important characters up till this point.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
THe biggest issue isn't MCU CONNECTIONZ but I get the feeling Rothman/Sony will fuck up this landing.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I honestly have no fucking idea how you disentangle this Spidey's backstory from Marvel stuff that Sony will no longer have access to. It seems impossible, frankly, and something that would require a soft reboot at the very least.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to assume it's not them that made the decisions that lead to this. Has to feel bad to have bullshit like that

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ready for Sony to have me tune out of Spider-Man movies for another decade
The future for Spider-Man will be different, but it will be equally as awesome and amazing, and we'll find new ways to make it even cooler."
doubt.jpg

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of confirms it's done. I love it, Spidey is out!

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no fucking idea how you disentangle this Spidey's backstory from Marvel stuff that Sony will no longer have access to. It seems impossible, frankly, and something that would require a soft reboot at the very least.
A soft reboot is basically necessary and is not what the fans deserve. This whole thing is just a terrible development for the series.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we just need to get use to the MCU without Spiderman, which we were used to from the very beginning.
Except now we have X-Men and the F4.
It's just going to be an adjustment period...It won't be too bad..

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Man I'll be so upset if that's really it. I'll swear off everything Spider-Man post-Disney, I don't care. Not out for Sony spite or anything but I just don't want to see Tom Holland's Spider-Man outside of the context of the MCU. The worldbuilding and connections achieved over the span of those five films just can't be replaced.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Feige is just playing the long game knowing that Apple is about to buy Sony and the rights will revert back to Marvel because of an amendment added in 2015