• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
The extended cut was part of the new deal rumour though, so if extended cut is real, maybe them having a new deal in the works might be true as well. Fingers crossed.
We've known about the extended cut for a while now

edit - also apparently that re-release poster was originally a piece of fan art, and then sony paid the artist to use the work as the poster. that's pretty cool

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Hope people stop posting this kinda non-news updates/ rumors.

The only reason we know about it is because Sony's heads decided to leak it the week before D23 to force Disney's hand, if talks are on going or not we wont know jack until it's finished.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I67UNsf.gif

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
They can save it, start the move with a portal opening from Spiderverse and he loses his memory. Leave the story there so they can bring him back to the mcu if you want and tie him into Spiderverse which was legit great.
If it's truly a Sony-only movie, which I don't think will happen but still, I really do think a Holland-MaGuire-Garfield multiverse story would be the best route to go without damaging the possibility of any future MCU tie in.

Add in Miles, and you have the cool possibility of Peter in the MCU one day finding 616 Miles and knowing he should be Spider-Man.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this joke has been made already but the future MCU character named Night Monkey is gonna be awesome.

Also, why does Sony own spider man again?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm sure this joke has been made already but the future MCU character named Night Monkey is gonna be awesome.

Also, why does Sony own spider man again?

They don't own Spider-Man, just the movie rights. Disney owns the character, just not the movie rights.

Marvel sold them a lifetime license back in the late 90s. As long as Sony pumps out a Spider-Man movie every few years, they keep the rights. X-Men/Fantastic Four were in the same situation with Fox.

I do think they're still talking behind closed doors.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
They don't own Spider-Man, just the movie rights. Disney owns the character, just not the movie rights.

Marvel sold them a lifetime license back in the late 90s. As long as Sony pumps out a Spider-Man movie every few years, they keep the rights. X-Men/Fantastic Four were in the same situation with Fox.

I do think they're still talking behind closed doors.
So just lifetime agreement? That seems profoundly stupid

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
So just lifetime agreement? That seems profoundly stupid

Not exactly a lifetime agreement. Sony has a certain amount of time to make a Spidey film or the rights revert to Marvel. That's why Sony is keen on making Spidey spinoff films like Venom and Morbius.

And Marvel made those shitty deals because that went through bankruptcy and needed the cash.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
No idea on how accurate this source is but as I posted a week or two ago, the early leaks on this all sounded like posturing (originally leaked by Sony, then further pushed my Marvel) which would eventually lead to a deal... but I guess we'll see.

I would agree with your assessment, my guess is talks are still ongoing but we'll have to see.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017