• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Have Miles replace Tom's Peter live action?

They could, I guess. I don't see it happening though. Tom is still really young
Basically, trying to continue Holland Spider-man without mcu is messy. Just let him stay in MCU, but like Hulk, show up in other movies with no stand alone Spider-man movies.

Meanwhile, use Miles Morales in Venomverse movies instead of Peter Parker to avoid confusion

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't work like that. Sony has all of the Spider-Man film rights, that includes Miles.

I honestly think Sony should take Disney's offer for Tom Holland movies and use Miles as the anchor for their Sony-Marvel Universe. If they are as good at making Spiderman movies as they think they are, I don't think there's anything to lose - provided the cast the right Miles.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I honestly think Sony should take Disney's offer for Tom Holland movies and use Miles as the anchor for their Sony-Marvel Universe. If they are as good at making Spiderman movies as they think they are, I don't think there's anything to lose - provided the cast the right Miles.
I don't trust Sony to really handle Miles, plus I'm sure Feige had long term plans for Miles.

But yeah, I'd take that over no Spider-Man in the MCU at all

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Feige?
MCU?
Michelle Johnson?
Never heard of them!

a1f.gif

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Money being left on the table for both sides. It's too good for both not to go back and do something.
at what point will they come to a final agreement or disagreement? either way there has to be a spiderman 3...

They can't take too long. MCU is scheduled for the future already, Spidey needs to keep up

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I wouldn't be shocked if Marvel doesn't want to be obligated to put a new Spider-Man movie out every two years either. They've been doing every 3-4 years for the sequels recently.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust Sony to really handle Miles, plus I'm sure Feige had long term plans for Miles.

But yeah, I'd take that over no Spider-Man in the MCU at all

I mean, everything Spiderman belongs to Sony and they rightfully want to cash out. They simply aren't going to give Disney everything, so I'd take what I can get. And Tbh, there isn't enough room in Disney's calendar to make enough Spiderman content to fully realize the IPs potential.

Spider-verse was excellent, So there's potential. Sony needs to get their own Feige to handle their Marvel IP.

Last edited:

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I mean, everything Spiderman belongs to Sony and they rightfully want to cash out. They simply aren't going to give Disney everything, so I'd take what I can get. And Tbh, there isn't enough room in Disney's calendar to make enough Spiderman content to fully realize the IPs potential.

Spider-verse was excellent, So there's potential. Sony needs to get their own Feige to handle their Marvel IP.

Just the movie rights , which is why marvel still makes comics and tv shows

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have seen the same posters. I am not going to dig through thread after thread to find quotes.

Now, answer my questions.

Without proof, you ain't seen shit guy lmao.

There is no line for me. If Disney keeps gaining because people want to see their movies in theaters more than anyone else's, who gives a shit? Consumption trends have changed. Competition is ideal, but the competition needs to step it up on offering experiences people are enticed to spend money on to have in theaters vs. waiting for release on streaming services.

For MCU films in particular there are very obvious reasons why people want to watch them in the theaters.

1. They are great
2. It's a continuous narrative that people want to see the next chapter of
3. They're really fun to watch together with an audience of fans

Pretty much.

I'm not about to wring my hands over Marvel Studios having tapped into how best to keep audiences engaged in a time when they otherwise might not even care much about going out to see movies.

There is nothing stopping rival studios from having the same success.

Basically, trying to continue Holland Spider-man without mcu is messy. Just let him stay in MCU, but like Hulk, show up in other movies with no stand alone Spider-man movies.

Meanwhile, use Miles Morales in Venomverse movies instead of Peter Parker to avoid confusion

This idea fucking sucks.

I'd rather they kill him off screen than relegate him to support only. Spider-Man is a star, dammit.

Last edited:

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Without proof, you ain't seen shit guy lmao.

There is no line for me. If Disney keeps gaining because people want to see their movies in theaters more than anyone else's, who gives a shit? Consumption trends have changed. Competition is ideal, but the competition needs to step it up on offering experiences people are enticed to spend money on to have in theaters vs. waiting for release on streaming services.

Pretty much.

I'm not about to wring my hands over Marvel Studios having tapped into how best to keep audiences engaged in a time when they otherwise might not even care much about going out to see movies.

There is nothing stopping rival studios from having the same success.

This idea fucking sucks.

I'd rather they kill him off screen than relegate him to support only. Spider-Man is a star, dammit.
So you'd have no issue with Disney owning 100% of the market then?

Wow.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Surely Marvel can just make a Disney+ series with Miles Morales if nothing else? They have the rights to TV shows under 44 minutes.

That said, maybe Disney are just playing the long game and are confident they'll be able to use Holland's Peter Parker again.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I'm as upset about Spidey leaving the MCU as the next guy but this idea that it's going to be difficult for Sony to make a Tom Holland Spidey movie without MCU elements is ridiculous.

Mysterio isn't an MCU character. So you can still deal with the ramifications of the end of FFH. May and Happy's relationship wasn't well developed. You can have a throwaway line about that ended.

You can reference things during the next film, which will be a transitional one, without actually naming them. Like even Tony can be referenced without saying Tony Stark. You can walk back the MJ is Michelle Jones thing and give her the name Mary Jane. Most importantly you can tackle all the Spidey subject matter that's been left by the wayside while they focused on the MCU. Uncle Ben, the Osborn's, etc.

One of the themes of the MCU is about the continuity between one movie to another. It would be jarring for a new Spiderman movie to stop referencing the MCU, but it wouldn't be impossible.

In some ways, I would actually prefer that, since I would like to see the franchise branch off into newer things. I didn't like the way Vulture and Mysterio tied back to the rest of the MCU, so having something like Osborn or Kraven as something separate would be a breath of fresh air.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger

They should do Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider is a terrible name) for the Venom-verse. That would actually be super interesting and could lead to some fun stuff, and no one would really give a shit if they did whatever they wanted with the source material. They could go in fun and original directions. And then they would have another spider to play with for the inevitable multiverse team up movie with Holland. Unfortunately it makes too much sense so Sony would never do it.

638276._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also whatever you do, DO NOT TYPE "ghost spider venom" into google images. Shit is nasty. "Gwenom" is what you need to search to get Gwen with the symbiote.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
They should do Spider-Gwen (Ghost-Spider is a terrible name) for the Venom-verse. That would actually be super interesting and could lead to some fun stuff, and no one would really give a shit if they did whatever they wanted with the source material. They could go in fun and original directions. And then they would have another spider to play with for the inevitable multiverse team up movie with Holland. Unfortunately it makes too much sense so Sony would never do it.

638276._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also whatever you do, DO NOT TYPE "ghost spider venom" into google images. Shit is nasty. "Gwenom" is what you need to search to get Gwen with the symbiote.

Honestly

092.jpg

They've got too much in the arsenal to be spoiling the fun by yanking peter Parker.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
at what point will they come to a final agreement or disagreement? either way there has to be a spiderman 3...

They can't take too long. MCU is scheduled for the future already, Spidey needs to keep up
Sony still has a say on the movies date, hence why back when Phase 4 was announced, June-July was open.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Of course I wouldn't.

I didn't think anyone here was stupid enough to require me to note there is no possible line for me, but alas.

The movie industry will never be a monopoly, and only an idiot would surmise as much.
Ah, back to childish insults. Truly the most enlightened and intelligent poster on this board with a level head.

I can see why Disney films appeal so much to you.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Surely Marvel can just make a Disney+ series with Miles Morales if nothing else? They have the rights to TV shows under 44 minutes.

That said, maybe Disney are just playing the long game and are confident they'll be able to use Holland's Peter Parker again.

Sony has live-action TV rights. The only thing Disney has is animation rights. It would have to be a half-hour animated series or nothing, essentially.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Ah, back to childish insults. Truly the most enlightened and intelligent poster on this board with a level head.

You're also being very aggressive and antagonistic. This thread is way too hostile for a movie series, take a break and chill out. I fell victim to this too earlier and now I feel silly. At least we all agree Spiderman being ejected from the MCU is a bummer regardless of the context.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
You're also being very aggressive and antagonistic. This thread is way too hostile for a movie series, take a break and chill out. I fell victim to this too earlier and now I feel silly. At least we all agree Spiderman being ejected from the MCU is a bummer regardless of the context.
I don't agree at all. I'm happy that Spider Man is out of the MCU.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

At least you're finally being honest.

You don't care about competition in the film industry. You just look down on Disney movies and those who enjoy them.

That's your prerogative, I guess.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
User Banned (5 days): antagonizing other users, history of similar behavior
Dude is constantly in Disney threads losing his shit, it's funny.
I didnt know speaking on a subject and disagreeing with the hive mind was defined as losing my shit.

Sorry I disagree. I wasnt aware people with differing view points weren't allowed to talk about a subject .All hail Disney!

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
At least you're finally being honest.

You don't care about competition in the film industry. You just look down on Disney movies and those who enjoy them.

That's your prerogative, I guess.
Actually I do. I see 52 films a year at the theatre. I care deeply about it.

But if you're going to reply with snark instead of discussing things like a normal person I return the favour.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I do. I see 52 films a year at the theatre. I care deeply about it.

But if you're going to reply with snark instead of discussing things like a normal person I return the favour.

I've seen you around long enough to know you just look down on Disney and their output.

Which, again, is your prerogative. As is accusing people of supporting monopolies.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I've seen you around long enough to know you just look down on Disney and their output.

Which, again, is your prerogative. As is accusing people of supporting monopolies.
Accuse? I asked you a question. You said their was no line and you have no issue if Disney dominates the market. You literally said it yourself then got mad about it for some reason.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Accuse? I asked you a question. You said their was no line and you have no issue if Disney dominates the market. You literally said it yourself then got mad about it for some reason.

In your mind "dominating the market"="monopoly"? Troubling.

Again, I didn't think it was necessary to emphasize there's no actually possible line they could cross for me. Disney will never be a fucking monopoly, so give me a break with this shit.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
The chaos of it appeals to me. Plus, with the almost certain prospect of X-men coming to the MCU, the quality is gonna tank and they're probably move away from the space sci-fi thing they've had going on, and it'll all lose its appeal to me anyway.
I prefer Spider Man on his own, just like I do Batman. I like them having self contained stories in their own worlds. I like Holland as Spidey But I havent enjoyed at all how deeply entwined he is in the MCU and Stark. I'm happy to see him get a chance to stretch his legs on his own for once. I've found his character in the MCU to be as dull as sin, but I dont fault Holland for that.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I prefer Spider Man on his own, just like I do Batman. I like them having self contained stories in their own worlds. I like Holland as Spidey But I havent enjoyed at all how deeply entwined he is in the MCU and Stark. I'm happy to see him get a chance to stretch his legs on his own for once. I've found his character in the MCU to be as dull as sin, but I dont fault Holland for that.
See the issue is those things you're complaining about? The entwiness with Stark and the MCU? That's was pushed by Sony.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
In your mind "dominating the market"="monopoly"? Troubling.

Again, I didn't think it was necessary to emphasize there's no actually possible line they could cross for me. Disney will never be a fucking monopoly, so give me a break with this shit.
Any company dominating a single market to the detriment of other companies is not healthy for that industry.

I would feel the exact same if it Was Sony or Universal or WB.

The fact Disney gets rewarded for cynical corporate cash grabs like Lion King is just icing on the cake and adds to my distaste of the situation. They arent out here releasing cinematic master pieces blowing away the competition with quality.

I want all the companies to thrive, not for one to just become increasingly more powerful.

But you only seem to watch Disney films so you dont seem to give a shit or even acknowledge it as any type of issue. But you do you.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
See the issue is those things you're complaining about? The entwiness with Stark and the MCU? That's was pushed by Sony.
And thats fine. I understood the why. What better way to boost his box office than make iron man such a big piece?

But now that he is out they cant rely on that anymore and that interests me far more than anything I saw in homecoming or far from home. Seeing yet another disgruntled Stark enemy was not at all interesting and not what I want from spidey flick.

So like I said, I'm happy as fuck he's gone.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
why does it matter that Vulture and Mysterio have a beef with Stark? The alternative is having them have a beef with Scientist/Movie Executive You Won't Bother To Remember The Name Of after their origin issue.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
why does it matter that Vulture and Mysterio have a beef with Stark? The alternative is having them have a beef with Scientist/Movie Executive You Won't Bother To Remember The Name Of after their origin issue.
Like are folks forgetting that all of Spidey villains are either disgruntled Oscorp employees, disgruntled Oscorp competitors or just common crooks? Sony/Fiege were smart to pivot most of the villain origins over to Stark since the Green Goblin character needed a rest.

My favorite version of Spider-Man ( Spectacular) is just Pete having to clean up the messes Norman made and all the villains getting annoyed that this kid is in the way.