• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kline singled out a supervisor of hers, Hawks external affairs director David Lee, who she described as "a black male," for promoting "a culture of discrimination against white individuals." In her lawsuit, Kline accused Lee of the following:
  • "Being dismissive and exclusionary" toward white employees, particularly white women.
  • "Making jokes about white culture."
  • "Making it clear that he wanted to hire black individuals" and not "white females" when vacancies arose in his department.
  • "Expecting and requiring more of white individuals, especially white females," than black employees under his supervision.
  • "Promoting and hiring less qualified black individuals" over white people, particularly white women.
  • Being more apt to "offer raises and promotions" to black employees.
Kline said she was "subjected to retaliation and continued discriminatory treatment" after she complained to the Hawks about "the discriminatory animus and favoritism exhibited by Mr. Lee." She claimed to have been unfairly scrutinized, had her work credited to others, had key information withheld from her and to have been subjected to "gossiping and speaking negatively about Plaintiff to others in the department, creating an environment where others felt empowered to ridicule and belittle" her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ainst-white-employees/?utm_term=.09591a16ccf5

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
If the work environment was prejudiced aginst her based on her race, gender, or both then it seems like she has a case.

Oct 31, 2017
Wasn't the general manager fired a few years ago for saying an African player "had a little African in him" in a negative way? But now they're supposedly discriminating on the whites...

"Making jokes about white culture."

What is exactly white culture?

We can never get a straight answer for that question. I'd like to know when exactly "white culture" started myself

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this legitimately happened then that's a shame and I hope she receives compensation of some sort. I am however surprised that everyone is laughing at her claims.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Dismissing allegations of discrimination.
A good laugh for friday morning. Good luck proving those claims.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this legitimately happened then that's a shame and I hope she receives compensation of some sort. I am however surprised that everyone is laughing at her claims.

Don't worry if the races were switched the same people laughing would be calling for the managers head and for him never to have a job again. The hypocrisy is real.

Oct 28, 2017
I find you guys' stance really surprising. Obviously we've only heard one side of the story, but that seems pretty damning. No one would be ok with it whatsoever if the races were reversed. This goes way beyond affirmative action and is basically just saying racism justifies racism. Surely you guys don't agree with that?

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find you guys' stance really surprising. Obviously we've only heard one side of the story, but that seems pretty damning. No one would be ok with it whatsoever if the races were reversed. This goes way beyond affirmative action and is basically just saying racism justifies racism. Surely you guys don't agree with that?

You must be new to this forum if the replies surprise you, lol.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You mean a white person kvetching about discrimination? In the land where she is the majority? Where she is purview to privilege unknown to anyone else?

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So we on whataboutism on the first page

LionPride

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wanna know what proof they got that the black person hired is less qualified

Not to say she's lying, she may be tellin the truth, that nigga may be racist, but until I get a confirmation....

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't worry if the races were switched the same people laughing would be calling for the managers head and for him never to have a job again. The hypocrisy is real.

Where is the evidence for any of this? All she's described in detail is a co-worker making a crack about black Trump supporters.

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Hey it's a free country, let them sue who they want and let the judge decide who is right or wrong.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love the drive by post. We know if the races were reversed the thread would be different. Top quality posting again.

Oct 27, 2017
Everything she's listed is what black people have had to face in the work force since emancipation in this country.

Only the best projectors.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the hawk owner out here admitting to be racist as fuck?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
You said "if the roles were reversed"
That's not really the intent of the term "whataboutism."

It's meant to describe scenarios where someone deflects with something totally unrelated; like "what about her e-mails?" when talking about our President sexually assaulting people.

Bringing up "what ifs?" on their own is not a whataboutism. Every thread about a white kid getting a light sentence will have people saying "If he was black he'd get life in prison" and the like, which is a completely fair thing to bring up, not a "whataboutism?"

Status
Not open for further replies.