• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed noteworthy.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45333268

BBC said:
A former chief rabbi says Jeremy Corbyn's comments about British Zionists are the "most offensive statement" by a politician since Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech.

In an interview with the New Statesman, Lord Sacks accused the Labour leader of being an "anti-Semite".

Context: Jeremy Corbyn is the leader of the UK Labour Party, the largest left-wing party in the UK, and the official opposition to the sitting government.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of Jeremy Corbyn.

In fact, I find his to be pretty useless and his stance on Brexit ridiculous, but there's not a single piece of evidence that's anti-semitic.

Sadly, in the UK, being against Israel and Zionism means you are, in fact, given that lable in order to either force you to back down on your stance or to completely ruin your credibility.

Disagree with Corbyn all you want, but the Tory led character assassination is pathetic.

Edit: As for "Lord Sacks", his favourite book of last year was a book which praises Enoch Powell, so take from that what you will.

Nov 13, 2017
The use of the word 'zionist', regardless of context, have drowned out the actual message Corbyn portrayed. Personally, he should have never used that word in the first place.

It's such a dangerous word to use that regardless of how much I agree with Corbyn on its message, I think he should have never used that word.

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
Your last thread on this topic was locked for a reason.

The use of the word 'zionist', regardless of context, have drowned out the actual message Corbyn portrayed. Personally, he should have never used that word in the first place.

It's such a dangerous word to use that regardless of how much I agree with Corbyn on its message, I think he should have never used that word.

Zionist and Zionism are very common words to describe certain people and ideologies, they aren't necessarily antisemetic.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Rationalizing antisemitism.
These attacks are so pathetic and numerous that they're probably just going to fuel Anti-Semitism in the UK through pure annoyance and hypocrisy

https://mobile.twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1034434875644882944

Speaking of offensive, Rabbi Sacks led a march through Palestinian east Jerusalem which Haaretz described as "a gender-segregated, extreme-right, pro-occupation religious carnival of hatred" in which participants chant "Death to the Arabs" and "Al Aqsa will be burned down."

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
If there's something wrong with this thread, tell a mod. I don't think there is.

I don't believe in reporting posts, but I do believe in calling out what I think is wrong. Your behaviour in the last thread makes it clear that you're at best willing to be disingenuous about the topic.

I'm interested in pointing that out to people, they can check your post history if they want to see more.

OP
OP
Roberto Larcos
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe in reporting posts, but I do believe in calling out what I think is wrong. Your behaviour in the last thread makes it clear that you're at best willing to be disingenuous about the topic.

I'm interested in pointing that out to people, they can check your post history if they want to see more.

I've reported this thread already, rest easy. If I say something you think is wrong in this thread, call me out on it. Until then, let's not try to derail conversation people want to have on this article

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These attacks are so pathetic and numerous that they're probably just going to fuel Anti-Semitism in the UK through pure annoyance and hypocrisy

https://mobile.twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1034434875644882944

Right. Plus the entire notion of zionism is rather abhorent in itself, since the preservation and re-institution of the Jewish homeland as per historic borders (which is what Zionism entails), would require the complete and full eradication or colonisation of Palestinian territory. Zionism is an inherently dangerous concept, which only in recent years has been prettied up and branded to seem more acceptable.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
I don't consider Corbyn this much of a malicious person but this is accurate...

Cocaloch

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Where the Fenians Sleep
I've reported this thread already, rest easy. If I say something you think is wrong in this thread, call me out on it. Until then, let's not try to derail conversation people want to have on this article

By people you mean you and by conversation you mean the one you're interested in having framed in a very particular way.

I said my piece, and frankly I'm too tired talking about this topic here and have no desire to see whatever dumb anti-Irish thing is going to crop up once again if the conversation goes the way it has gone the last several times.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't consider Corbyn this much of a malicious person but this is accurate...

It's accurate to compare Jeremy Corbyn to Enoch fucking Powell?

I live in Northern Ireland so thankfully I have easy access to both British and Irish media - what comes out of the British press about Corbyn on a constant basis is disgusting. I can read Irish media that can somehow discuss full-on BDS policy towards Israel passing through the Irish senate with more sobriety and sense than the British media can discuss Jeremy Corbyn being at an event with a Jewish Holocaust survivor.

What's going on in Britain is a desperate and explicit attempt to keep someone who opposes the actions of the Israeli government out of the halls of power.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
We did this thread already and it was locked then.

Status
Not open for further replies.