• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Exclusive Devil May Cry 5 Concept Art @ MADFest

Dec 28, 2017
All of these images were taken by @RedMakuzawa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

* Looks like the plan was to originally have V be a woman before they decided to change that

** Apparently they explicitly went out of their way to avoid Nico looking like Cindy from FFXV and more like Winry from Full Metal Alchemist.

OT but Itsuno and Matt answered a few questions at the DMC5 panel with one of them being "What's your favourite most recent non-Capcom game?". They both replied with Breath of the Wild!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
It's so weird that their concept arts made the characters look all brooding and menacing XD

Like, we know all three characters have a sense of humor lol

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A female V would have been amazing but yeah, it wouldn't fly story wise.
I suppose that's why they didn't go that route (though the implications of Vergil's human half being a woman would be interesting), but I hope they revisit the idea of a female V-type character at some point.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn shame we didn't get female V. That being said at least they landed on the current design for male V instead of some of those early designs.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they can reuse a variant of the female V design as a way to keep V's summoner moveset around in future DMC games since V turned out to be Vergil's human half.
I hope they do this if they make DMC6. V's gameplay has a lot of potential so I'd hate to see it just die out without them giving it a second shot.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
jeeez nero turned chad at one point

And hey, since V is gone. A woman playable character with V's moveset is still possible. Do iiiiiiiit

Oct 25, 2017
I know it’s expensive to have garments made for this engine, but...I’m still disappointed we did t get any costume alts. Those Nero and V ones are mostly great.

Dec 13, 2017
Some of those concepts reminded me of Gilver, hah. I quite like some of them and I like the idea of a female summoner to maybe replace V in the future too.

Nov 15, 2017
As much as people say they wanted Female V i can highly see it being shit on for being the
"Weaker" Human side of Vergil

Sucks that we couldn't have Brown Nico tho

Oct 25, 2017
Female V would have been a super cool idea although I could also see some of the complaints/talking points that eventually would have come up.

Oct 25, 2017
Nico was potentially going to be black??? Awww.
Also...hilaroius how they say they apparently went out of their way to make her not look like Cindy when that is specifically who I always think of when I see nico lol. Did they go into details as to how they tried to achieve that??? As far as I'm concerned this misfired completely

Female V would have been a super cool idea although I could also see some of the complaints/talking points that eventually would have come up.
Yeah same. Love the design but in the context of the story I much prefer with them going with the male version

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nico was potentially going to be black??? Awww.
Also...hilaroius how they say they apparently went out of their way to make her not look like Cindy when that is specifically who I always think of when I see nico lol. Did they go into details as to how they tried to achieve that???

Yeah same. Love the design but in the context of the story I much prefer with them going with the male version
I mean, Nico is already half black considering that she's Agnus' daughter (correct me if I'm mistaken about Agnus being black). And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her model biracial? With that said, I do agree that Nico having a darker skin tone would have been awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Nico is already half black considering that she's Agnus' daughter (correct me if I'm mistaken about Agnus being black). And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her model biracial? With that said, I do agree that Nico having a darker skin tone would have been awesome.
The model is half white and half Malaysian. The voice actor is white. Agnus just looks like a tanned white dude

Oct 25, 2017
I never once thought of agnus as black....