• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
D1vvrKTU0AAIUEo.jpg

CAPCOM PLEASE

I'LL GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY.

Yup Capcom needs to release a costume pack....this is too good to remain concept art.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That second female V design looks really good.

I mean, Nico is already half black considering that she's Agnus' daughter (correct me if I'm mistaken about Agnus being black). And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her model biracial? With that said, I do agree that Nico having a darker skin tone would have been awesome.

Model is Anglo-British/Malaysian, but they made Nico's skin color darker.

The model is half white and half Malaysian. The voice actor is white. Agnus just looks like a tanned white dude

No white man in existence looks like Agnus without some serious surgery. Agnus is mixed race at the very least.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Definitely prefer the V that we ended up with. Some of those Dante outfits are great though.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Would have liked a *female V but honestly, she needs more tatoos in that image. Or at least she needs to look more Kylo Ren-ish. I really like the V that tend out and it would be a shame to see him replaced with something less unique.

God-damn that looks good. I always like seeing characters with different hairstyles.

Edit: *damn autocorrect...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we almost actually had an actual playable female character?!?

Thank goodness they put a stop to that, it would have been terrible./s

Seriously that plus what they did to Trish and Lady just puts a bad taste in my mouth no matter how much I love the game.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do this if they make DMC6. V's gameplay has a lot of potential so I'd hate to see it just die out without them giving it a second shot.
Maybe. Maybe make this design of an antagonist. I do think Lady/Trish really should be a main character at this point though.

D1vvrKTU0AAIUEo.jpg

CAPCOM PLEASE

I'LL GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY.
I wonder if this was a random doodle or the story originally was going to be survival based?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Nero = Raiden
Dante = Solid Snake
Vergil = Liquid Snake
V =
Solidus
Sparda = Big Boss

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
If V is indeed
not likely to return
, then I'd definitely take that Female version, next time, as an apt "spiritual successor".

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
It would make no sense that the female successor would have the same demons following her though
With the way this series makes bullshit up as it goes? If they really wanted Griffon and Shadow to return with a few alterations (along with some more demons), they'd find a way to make it work.

Say that Nero had a twin sister that was sent else where, that studied the arcane and learned to summon demons, instead. Bam, we got ourselves a female Sparda heir.

Deleted member 22405

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just throwing it out there that supposedly V had Phantom at his side in the manga....But its not translated so I have no idea what happened that he lost a big ass spider.

There's still a roster here.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Female V would sure be interesting. Hell, it could work.

Because V is basically Vergil's humanity who is full of guilt, using nightmares created because he was really fucked up from being Nelo Angelo. Plus the game eludes to Vergil being so power hungry because of MOTHER. So his humanity and guilt taking up a female form would be interesting. But yeah, DMC is basically about the Sparda boys having mother issues.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this was a random doodle or the story originally was going to be survival based?

I was at the panel today. Daigo Ikeno came up with some fun concept drawings after the designs for Nero, Dante, and V were finalised. This was one of them (as was female V).

Itsuno said he loved the designs, but seemed exasperated that Ikeno always did this after they had the final designs. He did say he liked them so much that they might use them in future, but it sounded like it was unlikely to happen.

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as people say they wanted Female V i can highly see it being shit on for being the
"Weaker" Human side of Vergil

Sucks that we couldn't have Brown Nico tho

Actually, getting rid of his human side and the feminine parts of his self would probably justify to make her the weaker half with him being a cis man.

It could also say something about men trying to avoid their feelings since they often consider showing them as a weakness and see it as a woman's thing.

There is a lot of interesting angles they could approach with V being a woman.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the game hadn't gone for a realistic look

In regards to female V
With V gone it would be cool if his style could be brought back with a new character. Why not bring the style back and expand on it and make it a female character.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish the game hadn't gone for a realistic look

In regards to female V
With V gone it would be cool if his style could be brought back with a new character. Why not bring the style back and expand on it and make it a female character.

Totally agree on the spoiler.

I'd LOVE that!

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just throwing it out there that supposedly V had Phantom at his side in the manga....But its not translated so I have no idea what happened that he lost a big ass spider.

There's still a roster here.
He summoned Phantom as a familiar but he wasn't obedient and wouldn't listen to V, so V had to kill him.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
How anyone can see DMCV Nero and not recall Donte is a mystery to me

To me, DMCV Nero is like a lessonlearned from Donte. There's a lot of similar punkish more vulgar themes, but they are handled well. I'm sure someone will just say I am rationalizing so I an keep hating donte, but I legit feel there's a significant tonal difference and like, even things like F-bombs are used more tastefully and with better precision than Donte's potty mouth just cuz why not. Helps also, that they establish him as a good nice person over all, offering a random hobo to join them for dinner is like that minor thing that tels a lot about him as just earnest and helpful.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Damn some of them have to return as DLC
Well we can hope the PC community can cook something

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, getting rid of his human side and the feminine parts of his self would probably justify to make her the weaker half with him being a cis man.

It could also say something about men trying to avoid their feelings since they often consider showing them as a weakness and see it as a woman's thing.

There is a lot of interesting angles they could approach with V being a woman.
No. That would have played on even more female tropes where all the other girls in this game are already treated like shit.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No. That would have played on even more female tropes where all the other girls in this game are already treated like shit.

It would give us a playable woman at least.

And I might be wrong, but while Vergil considered his humanity a "weakness' to be cast off I don't think he was right there. He seems to be a stronger opponent when whole. To cast off a female V as part of what he considers his weaknesses doesn't mean the game as a whole has to have that message.

But if they treated a potential female V like Trish or Lady then of course it would be a trainwreck.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
These look so cool. Female V would have been awesome.

I wish some of these alternate costumes and haircuts were available in-game. I would pay good money for tank top or shirtless Nero. I shouldn't have to, but I absolutely would.

I like that Dante in the black shirt.

This stuff is too cool to leave on the cutting room floor.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It would give us a playable woman at least.

And I might be wrong, but while Vergil considered his humanity a "weakness' to be cast off I don't think he was right there. He seems to be a stronger opponent when whole. To cast off a female V as part of what he considers his weaknesses doesn't mean the game as a whole has to have that message.

But if they treated a potential female V like Trish or Lady then of course it would be a trainwreck.
I agree that the overall message in the game would challenge vergils perception rather than reinforce it, but just the choice alone to equate feelings and sensitivity with females is tiring in itself. And to top it off? She would end up "sacrificing" herself "for a man". Just nah to all of it.