• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree that the overall message in the game would challenge vergils perception rather than reinforce it, but just the choice alone to equate feelings and sensitivity with females is tiring in itself. And to top it off? She would end up "sacrificing" herself "for a man". Just nah to all of it.

And I suppose there is also the point V is weak himself and the demons do the fighting for him. Playing into another trope if he was a woman.

Maybe the story would have to be rewritten more for female V. Or just make Trish or Lady playable instead of what they did with them.

I am just disappointed a female playable character was in the cards and they decided against it.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven´t played the game yet, but from what I´ve seen maybe their reason of not making V be a woman was to differentiate it from Bayonetta? You know, sexy slim woman in black who uses summons to fight. Have they said anything about why V was finally a man?

Oct 25, 2017
The game makes it very clear that
Vergil is better when whole, that he was completely wrong in thinking his human side was holding him back. So even if female V was separated for being weak and holding the man back, without changing a single thing about the story the message would still be that he's wrong, and that his human/feminine side is just as important.

I do think it could work. Add to that a different name than fucking V, and they could actually have a mystery people wouldn't solve with a couple of trailers. Why would people assume this edgy summoner woman with a different name based on William Blake's works is a part of Vergil?

That all being said, considering how V's story ended, I do think a new character with a moveset built on the same basis is better for the series going forward. It's very easy to explain by just retconning that the book itself holds powers, and Nero gives it to some already powerful woman to read, and she learns to summon shit with it. Hell, they could make her summons inspired on Blake's works instead of DMC1.

These look so cool. Female V would have been awesome.

I wish some of these alternate costumes and haircuts were available in-game. I would pay good money for tank top or shirtless Nero. I shouldn't have to, but I absolutely would.

I like that Dante in the black shirt.

This stuff is too cool to leave on the cutting room floor.
Yeah, absolutely, and I wouldn't even be mad about it. I understand how much work can go into making a new model in this engine, I'd be ok with paying for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, female V would have been so cool thematically, wow! Also that first Nero concept literally makes him look like his pops lmfao (no this is not a spoiler, get out).

Oct 25, 2017
I am just disappointed a female playable character was in the cards and they decided against it.

It wasn't:

I was at the panel today. Daigo Ikeno came up with some fun concept drawings after the designs for Nero, Dante, and V were finalised. This was one of them (as was female V).

Itsuno said he loved the designs, but seemed exasperated that Ikeno always did this after they had the final designs. He did say he liked them so much that they might use them in future, but it sounded like it was unlikely to happen.

Which can be seen as a good thing, since it actually makes it more likely for that design (or some variation) to come back than if it was discarded during development.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't I read that the real life models for the characters were torso scanned? Why let all of that valuable data go to waste?
Yeah, there's a naked mod for V that shows he has tattoos on his torso. They don't look great, mind you, since they weren't intended to be seen without the coat, but it's not like those models have invisible torsos when you remove the clothes. Costume like Dante without the jacket or shirtless Nero with jacket on should be pretty easy for them to make.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
While I think a female character would be cool, I don't think V would've been the right one considering the story and how they fight. What with V being physically weak, letting the demons do the fighting for them and some other spoilery stuff. If V was female then you'd get a lot of "why is the only playable female character a weakling that lets others fight for her" and then some spoilery bits.

I absolutely agree though that Trish and Lady should've at least done more and not just jobbed hard to be saved by the men, especially after they were playable in DMC4SE and kicked so much ass.
Would be cool for the female V concept to come back in the future to be used for another character, especailly if the demon/cane style was just a weapon they had and they also could do some cool combos and actual fighting as opposed to just the finishing blow.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, there's a naked mod for V that shows he has tattoos on his torso. They don't look great, mind you, since they weren't intended to be seen without the coat, but it's not like those models have invisible torsos when you remove the clothes. Costume like Dante without the jacket or shirtless Nero with jacket on should be pretty easy for them to make.
Nero sporting the DMC3 Dante look with a shirtless jacket would be better than nothing, I guess.

With how gorgeous this new graphics engine looks, I was hoping for some serious eye candy in this game. How ironic that DmC with its homophobic design influence has the hottest male imagery in the series.

Oct 25, 2017
Nero sporting the DMC3 Dante look with a shirtless jacket would be better than nothing, I guess.

With how gorgeous this new graphics engine looks, I was hoping for some serious eye candy in this game. How ironic that DmC with its homophobic design influence has the hottest male imagery in the series.

Yeah, and those van scenes before starting the mission would be a great place to include some of that, maybe Nero walking around shirtless while preparing his stuff for combat.

Or even better, since he's such a good boy in this game, have him ironing his jacket while shirtless before a mission, that would be so cute.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, and those van scenes before starting the mission would be a great place to include some of that, maybe Nero walking around shirtless while preparing his stuff for combat.

Or even better, since he's such a good boy in this game, have him ironing his jacket while shirtless before a mission, that would be so cute.
Oh my god, how delightful. I want all of that.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

that's.............actually.........really adorable lmao
how do we pitch this to capcom

And I suppose there is also the point V is weak himself and the demons do the fighting for him. Playing into another trope if he was a woman.

Maybe the story would have to be rewritten more for female V. Or just make Trish or Lady playable instead of what they did with them.

yeah dw, totally get where you're coming from. not having either trish or lady playable was pretty disappointing
it would have been great if it were done in the game itself, but if they could at least get some form of dlc that would already go a long way

Oct 25, 2017
that's.............actually.........really adorable lmao
how do we pitch this to capcom
It would be the best if it actually happened, hahaha.

Nero is really adorable in this game. There are some really cute pictures you can unlock on a second playthrough, did you check them out? For S ranking Mission 1 you get a bunch of those crew cut soldiers all happy and thanking Nero for helping them, and for S ranking Mission 2 you get a picture of Nero looking all confused, when the picture you get just for completing the mission for the second time with any rank is Goliath with "all brawn, no brains" written on it, lmao.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It would be the best if it actually happened, hahaha.

Nero is really adorable in this game. There are some really cute pictures you can unlock on a second playthrough, did you check them out? For S ranking Mission 1 you get a bunch of those crew cut soldiers all happy and thanking Nero for helping them, and for S ranking Mission 2 you get a picture of Nero looking all confused, when the picture you get just for completing the mission for the second time with any rank is Goliath with "all brawn, no brains" written on it, lmao.
ahahaha, no! i recently only just finished my first run so im actively looking forward to this. that's freaking great, this game is filled with so much damn charm

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I like what he got in the actual game, but these are neat.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Female V would have been cooler, but current V fits the plot better

That Dante design looks great could have been used in a more colorful game/world

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
As much as people say they wanted Female V i can highly see it being shit on for being the
"Weaker" Human side of Vergil

Sucks that we couldn't have Brown Nico tho

Nico is brown tho? Her concept is basically is the mom darker or lighter than her dad. If darker we get concept art and if Lighter we get our Nico.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
V being a woman would be fucking awesome
Story wise it would've been controversial tho

V is Vergil's human side which is really weak. So imagine if the only female playable character in the game was V who is constantly reminded and a few times mocked for being very weak and has to rely on other characters like Nero and Dante to do his bidding. There is even one boss fight that V literally hides from, scared, and Nero comes in to save his ass.

That wouldn't have gone over well at all with media and a lot players, especially when you consider how little Trish and Lady contribute to the game as well.

That said, I def would love to see a female summoner style character in future entries. Dante's daughter maybe? Fingers crossed.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D1vtIZoUwAAFqEt.jpg

How did they not go with this one? It's so cool and sexy! Were they worried Dante might have competition? 😏

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow these conpcept arts look far worse and less detailed than the actual game when it's usually the other way around.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
D1vtHAXUYAANL3F.jpg

This is essentially a redesign of Gilver from the DMC1 novel.
latest

7wojljfu4ig01.jpg

Which makes sense given the twist is the same for both characters when it comes to his identity.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
V=Vergil
Gilver=Vergil
guy doesn't want to hide his name i wonder why Dante didn't catch on 🤔

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Or Trish not being able to lift V when she wields the damn Sparda sword. Couldn't even do that one thing

To be fair, that was present with Nero as well. Had trouble walking while carrying someone when he has superhuman strength. They did do Trish and Lady dirty in general though, I agree.

They aren't consistent with the physical strength (not anime "power", actual strength) of the characters at all, lol.

Also, what at Nico being whitewashed. She may not be black, but she's certainly not straight up white just as the person they used for her likeness isn't.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, that was present with Nero as well. Had trouble walking while carrying someone when he has superhuman strength. They did do Trish and Lady dirty in general though, I agree.

They aren't consistent with the physical strength (not anime "power", actual strength) of the characters at all, lol.

Also, what at Nico being whitewashed. She may not be black, but she's certainly not straight up white just as the person they used for her likeness isn't.
I was really confused at that part, Red Queen probably weighs more than V!

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only costume I liked was Dante's drifter costume, rest of concept arts aren't that great to me and I'm glad what they choose for the game.

Female V art wasn't very impressive to me, but I wouldn't have been opposed to a female V with a better design.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Female V with that Medusa Trigger got me wrecked

Please use that design in 6

Give her a True Punk personality/aesthetic to counter Nero's Casual Punk