• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
tl;dw -- Youtuber discovered the identity behind the original Super Monkey Ball announcer. The actor has since been contacted by Sega, and has recorded voice lines for a new Super Money Ball game, rumored 'Super Monkey Ball: Retro'.

Video includes interview with the voice actor, Brian Matt-Uhl (@briantokyojapan on Instagram, he's been teasing quite a bit on there), discussing lines recorded so far. Notable lines; 'advanced level', 'enhanced level', 'retro mode'.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBABuddha

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Yikes - once I saw who actually produced this video..... I believe Nick Robinson has been cancelled.

blue_whale

Nov 1, 2017
wait is this legit? i mean, i don't know who this source is, but at least is his info solid? i really would like a super monkeyball 3.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Nick Robinson? Ew. Hopefully we do get another one though.
Nick Robinson do been championing for this for a while now
we really posting nick robinson with 0 context in 2020
I've literally only seen his Monkey Ball videos, what'd he do?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
www.kotaku.com.au

Polygon Parts Ways With Nick Robinson Following Twitter Claims

Longtime Polygon video producer Nick Robinson has “parted ways” with the site following a string of allegations that surfaced on Twitter at the beginning of the week. The accusations were made in the wake of a tweet Robinson wrote about the Nintendo Switch title Overcooked, which prompted this...

rare

Oct 25, 2017
www.kotaku.com.au

Longtime Polygon video producer Nick Robinson has “parted ways” with the site following a string of allegations that surfaced on Twitter at the beginning of the week. The accusations were made in the wake of a tweet Robinson wrote about the Nintendo Switch title Overcooked, which prompted this...
Edit: Goddamn it beaten.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The TL;DR for those not willing to watch - The voice actor for the announcer, Brian Matt, did a recording session for a Monkey Ball project with the codename "Super Monkey Ball Retro". Without giving too much away, he says a few lines that he recorded (ex. "Advanced level 1" "Enhanced level 1" "Retro Mode 5").

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
www.kotaku.com.au

www.kotaku.com.au

Edit: Goddamn it beaten.
Creep preying on young fans via his social media
Sexual harassment allegations from young fans iirc.
Welp, now I wish we had someone better championing this franchise then, that fucking sucks.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Was hoping we'd get a remake/remaster of the first two games first... :(

I don't know if they can pull off another good monkey ball game considering their track record.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
It seems likely all things considered. I hope they nail it. The classic games are really some of the best games of all time.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
But don't they have and older bad entry they can still remake before doing the thing people actually want? How about a remake of the GBA game with a shitty version of monkey target?