• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
For years, the British newspaper The Guardian has been publishing these short pieces where people "share [their] unique experiences."

They range from the relatively mundane, like "Experience: I lived next door to the Pope"

There was always an air of formality about the way he looked. You wouldn't see him in jeans and a T-shirt – he'd often wear a dark suit and a dark tie.

to the scandalous, like "Experience: My husband ran off with my daughter"

In shock, I phoned my husband. He said he loved me, he loved the children, but he loved her, too. He said he couldn't be with either of us, because he didn't know which way to turn. But he didn't come home that day. He never came back again.

to the wacky, like "Experience: I was impaled by my own sculpture"

Meanwhile, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the sculpture – should I replace the spike that ended up in my arm, or leave it in as part of its story? I haven't decided yet. The first job to be done in my studio is to get a new nonslip ladder.

to the one-in-a-million, like "Experience: I killed my classmate with a javelin on sports day"

But the javelin hadn't missed. It had hit Sammy just above her left eye. She stumbled forwards before collapsing. There was a lot of blood.

There are 673 of these, and they're all available here.

What are some of your favorites?

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The impaled by the sculpture one stayed with me really graphic and -shudder!-, I still remember reading it. It's in the weekend suppliment but I think they put it all up on the website earlier than physical publication?

Oct 27, 2017
Experience: 'I stopped a terrorist attack'
"He was doing these commando moves, but I grew up in Glasgow… I knew a wee forearm smash would sort it out"

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I remember reading that Javelin one when it was published. Horrifying stuff.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Wait a god damn minute. Lisa's Half brothers and sisters are also half brothers or sisters to her child, but her mother and their mother is also grandmother to her child. How in the flying fuck do you live with something that mental?