• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The PS2 startup sound has to be one of the most emotional and nostalgic video game sounds for me ever. I love it.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, feels like Sony hasn't made even half as much of an effort with startups since PS3. Shame, it has made PS4 and Vita less memorable for me than PS3 and PSP.

OP
OP
Jul 4, 2018
Damn, feels like Sony hasn't made even half as much of an effort with startups since PS3. Shame, it has made PS4 and Vita less memorable for me than PS3 and PSP.

I agree with you, but to an extent

The default PS4 droning ambient UI noise is lovely

The XMB on the PS3 was designed to be more visually lovely more than anything else, and it shows

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
There's a recent game that uses the famous startup sound that just... I felt tears in my eyes.

Any time I hear the PS1 and PS2 startup sounds I'm instantly transported back to my early years.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
He posted a new video only a few days ago using the BIOS samples to recreate the PS2 startup sound in a synthesiser. I'm actually watching it as we speak.