• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
How far will you go before you reach your 'Braking Point'? It's time for the next generation with F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2021, the official videogame of the 2021 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship[SUP] ™[/SUP]. Racing onto your PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, or PC via Steam on July 16, F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2021 is packed full of brand-new features, which we'll take a closer look at right here.

What's new?
Braking Point
Go on an epic journey with 'Braking Point', our brand-new story mode. Rise from the ranks of Formula 2™ to a shot at stardom in the world of Formula 1®. Experience the lifestyle both on and off the track as you take your seat in the pinnacle of motorsport.

That's not all. After his infamous debut in F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2019, Devon Butler is back. We'll have plenty more to reveal about him and our brand-new story mode, Braking Point in the coming weeks.

Two-Player Career

We're also excited to reveal a feature you've requested for a long time – the ability to play career with your friends, either co-operatively or competitively. As each player will have complete control over the assists, you'll be able to enjoy the game whether you're a veteran or a newcomer to the series.

Real-Season Start

F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2021's 'Real-Season Start' feature lets you jump into this season's action, reflecting the live standings, and then you can take over and drive the remaining races. Great for players who want to jump into the season to align with the real-world season.

Next-Generation Experience

For the first time, F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2021 is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PS5 with visual uplift and faster loading times, alongside PS4, Xbox One and PC via Steam. And if you're planning to upgrade, we're very happy to tell you that F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2021 will support Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation's free upgrade if you're switching to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5[SUP]*[/SUP].

What's returning to F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2021?
Features you know and love from F1[SUP]®[/SUP] 2020, such as My Team, two-player split-screen, shorter seasons, accessible options, and F2™ aren't going anywhere. We're also expanding and refining many other features, including scalable assist options, driver stats and multiplayer.

www.ea.com

Feel the rush and live the drama in F1® 2021

How far will you go before you reach your “Braking Point”? It’s time for the next generation with F1® 2021

Last edited:

Hasi

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Hmm bringing Devon Butler back is a missed opportunity, could have introduced an even more hatable rival by the name of "Mizepan"

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_lytm8n2QoK1r9j5vdo2_250.gifv

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
F1® 2021 expands its iconic Career mode with a new two-player option that allows friends to join online and play co-operatively or choose different teams and take rivalries to the track in synchronous race sessions. Each driver has complete control over their assists, allowing players of all levels to come together and compete. Career mode also introduces Real-Season Start, enabling players to begin at any point in the season with real-time driver and constructor standings.
This is great. No mention of VR yet though...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so weird to see EA being listed now.

wonder if they'll add ray tracing to this version

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

PC version is currently only available on Steam for now. Confirms that EA is publishing the game, which also means Valve's recommended regional pricing is being abandoned in favour for some fat price hikes.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
no switch... expected but sad. F1 on the go would be lovely. I'll wait for a discount on PC.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Very weird to see EA on there to be honest.
Are we expecting any changes to games that are under the Codemasters umbrella with the EA change? Loot boxes? Season passes? :D

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Skipped 2020...but I'll be here day 1 if next gen upgrades are worth it. 2019 looked damnes good the on the one x...so expecting something good on the series x.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Xbox local pricing here in Argentina is about 5 times higher (!?) than F1 2020. There goes our healthy competitive community, at least until this reaches EA Play.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Very weird to see EA on there to be honest.
Are we expecting any changes to games that are under the Codemasters umbrella with the EA change? Loot boxes? Season passes? :D
Ultimate Team would make big bucks for them, but doesn't seem like it will be a thing this year. Season Pass would make no sense since it's a seasonal game by design and loot boxes even less. It's pretty much UT or nothing as far as monetization go.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Any reason why it wouldn't?
No, it's just weird as an EA game you can only preorder through Steam right now.
Ultimate Team would make big bucks for them, but doesn't seem like it will be a thing this year. Season Pass would make no sense since it's a seasonal game by design and loot boxes even less. It's pretty much UT or nothing as far as monetization go.
As others stated, F1 2020 has a season pass called Podium Pass. You unlock cosmetics for your car and racer for multiplayer and the career mode. There is a free tier and a paid one. I imagine that will continue.

I don't know how UT would work in a F1 game as a F1 team only has two drivers. Logistically I think it would be a nightmare and just not fun enough to get people hooked to bring in any revenue. I imagine they'll just stick with Podium Pass for microtransactions.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
My brain was tricked when reading the F1 page on the EA website

dgpRthP.png

What's returning to F1 2021?
PRE-ORDERING

Ah, you're right, I forgot about UT. I wonder if this would work for F1 and if there would be enough pilots (I have no clues about licensing rights of past pilots and such).

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The improvements to the career mode sound really good and I am curious about the story mode. Let's hope it's good. I need screenshots 🥺

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I dont think so. But I like the f1 and the switch is my main console.

I have other racing games on switch: Rally, street, arcade and moto GP games. No reason for f1 games not to be on Switch.

I'll get it on PC as usual, but a switch version would be cool.
It's the same reason why most other AAA games aren't on the Switch, really, they are too demanding for it. F1 is one of the best looking games out there, as you probably know already. Making a Switch version would be a tall order. I believe it could happen eventually, now that they are under EA.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
It's the same reason why most other AAA games aren't on the Switch, really, they are too demanding for it. F1 is one of the best looking games out there, as you probably know already. Making a Switch version would be a tall order. I believe it could happen eventually, now that they are under EA.

Yeap, I agree. I just like playing a bit in bed before going to sleep :)

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Understandable, but my God i'm sick of cross gen games now.

Like my PC is basically sitting at idle playing these games :(

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The new tracks being post release makes sense. They take a long time to make and the calendar has been in flux. And the layout of Jeddah seems to only been finalized recently.

Would be nice if they added the outer track of Bahrain as well.