• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Data taken from https://xbdeals.net/us-store

edit: These were last on sale together in April 2023!!! I'm a fool!!

Fable Anniversary
8198d849194784d0b18c7c4d358e6401.png

Fable II
7cedbcbd3a1e196cae99f180f1c28641.png

Fable III
d50656ef5aa3cb4f71a48b5928f89797.png

A silly social media post teasing Fable? I'm not buying it.

But the numbers, Mason... I'm believing it.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
We're definitely seeing Fable again I feel.

The original announcement was 3 years ago. Feels abou time to get another trailer even if it's not a deep dive.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
We're going to be seeing Fable at the Xbox Showcase...

...as a "send them home happy" effort because Starfield is delayed again.

nR4Z

Oct 21, 2022
Germany
We will all fall into a deep hole if there is no Fable at the weekend after all. The signs are clear.

Also:
Fable 3 sucks hard, don't buy it!

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth playing these games in 2023 if I haven't played them before? Have they aged well?

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Do we think we're getting Fable I/II remakes/remasters as well?

If Fable is over a year out..

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yoooo finally. Been wanting to pick these up and revisit these games but they hardly ever go on sale. I wonder how they hold up.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's so people have something to play when they announce the new Fable has been cancelled at the showcase.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is it worth playing these games in 2023 if I haven't played them before? Have they aged well?

They definitely feel of their era. I have a lot of love/nostalgia for Fable 1 but it's hard for me to recommend unless you go into it with the mindset of "Oh, this was an OG Xbox RPG that leaned on making things simpler when at the time WRPGs were typically more complex"

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing Fable the other day, and caught shit for punching a kid who was trying to convince me to break some barrels I was watching for some dude.

I dig it.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They definitely feel of their era. I have a lot of love/nostalgia for Fable 1 but it's hard for me to recommend unless you go into it with the mindset of "Oh, this was an OG Xbox RPG that leaned on making things simpler when at the time WRPGs were typically more complex"

"Where's that filthy layabout husband of mine?" is ingrained into my memory

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They're on sale on the Xbox store quite often, but this still seems like a good omen hopefully

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I'll let this thread do the talking

www.resetera.com

Do you wish to have sex here?

So I'm playing Fable II for the first time and I got this pop up that legitimately made me laugh out loud, stop, stare in disbelief, and then take a picture of my TV Due to the nature of video games, from time to time you do get a pop up or a message that just seems absolutely batshit insane...

(Yes)

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fable Anniversary is, but according to price trackers II and III are not. I tried finding sales posts to counter that but wasn't able to find any.

They're all on sale on Xbox right now

www.trueachievements.com

Xbox Deals Unlocked 2023 sale now live with discounts on 600+ games

The huge Xbox Deals Unlocked sale that takes place across the E3/Summer Game Fest period is now live with big discounts on hundreds of games, DLC, and more.

I've seen them on sale 3/4 times over the last year as well I think

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they finally released Fable 2 on PC. The first one was one of my favorite games, and I still kinda liked 3, but I never owned a console, so missed out on 2.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They're all on sale on Xbox right now

www.trueachievements.com

Xbox Deals Unlocked 2023 sale now live with discounts on 600+ games

The huge Xbox Deals Unlocked sale that takes place across the E3/Summer Game Fest period is now live with big discounts on hundreds of games, DLC, and more.

I've seen them on sale 3/4 times over the last year as well I think

OP is right, 1 has been going on sale but 2 and 3 haven't in a long time.
I'm assuming partly because they're on Gamepass so MS is like "whatever". Doesn't help they aren't on PC Gamepass either, so even less reason to draw attention to them I imagine (Only Fable 1 is on both)

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Something about these games was always so charming to me. I barely remember any of it now but I had such a good time with Fable 2.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Man, I hope MS eventually ports/relists Fable II and III on PC. They're not exactly amazing titles, but I have tons of nostalgia for them.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Isn't that the point of the thread? 😅

OP is right, 1 has been going on sale but 2 and 3 haven't in a long time.
I'm assuming partly because they're on Gamepass so MS is like "whatever". Doesn't help they aren't on PC Gamepass either, so even less reason to draw attention to them I imagine (Only Fable 1 is on both)

Oh I thought the OP was talking about steam lol, my bad

Yes OP is right, ignore me

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm guessing we're finally gonna see fable from pg?

Then people will be soooo hyped they're gonna go and buy older entries, and what's that, it's on sale! smooth :}

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I think they have a unique atmosphere and charm but they never had the biggest and best worlds to explore and the combat was never super tight. I would say they are worth at least giving a shot via Game Pass if you have an Xbox because there isn't much like them today.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I had physical copies of the Fable franchise that I sold when I got the digital editions but I had to keep Fable II around because I was waiting for a sale. Glad to see this.

Oh and also...

👀

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I still want Fable II Anniversary.

OP
OP
vixolus

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Maybe a Fable collection ? Phill told us that they have collections of games coming.
People were wandering if it could be Gears but maybe is both ?
I doubt there's a collection. Remastering II and III for newer audiences would be good though. I don't think Phil meant literal collections of games, but rather a variety of games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
huh, looks like they removed Fable Anniversary from GOG. It's not coming up in the search engine. I should have bought it.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Considering getting Fable 3 from Amazon for Steam for $20. Forgot it even had a Steam release.

Hoping Fable Anniversary goes back on sale again.