• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DQeseW6XkAAfoQ2.jpg

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what people get out of trawling web directories just so they can steal someone's thunder for the sake of a few likes.

Edit: I'm a dick. See below.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what people get out of trawling web directories just so they can steal someone's thunder for the sake of a few likes.
The store page showed up on Steam under upcoming games 3 hours early. People aren't "trawling web directories to steal someone's thunder".

The person in question posts most non-shovelware store pages. There's no need to be rude.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Reading the store page now, actually a lot of info there:

As the player you take the role of Ash, a natural but tormented leader. In that role you explore a post-apocalyptic, frozen wasteland to gather the resources necessary to establish a refuge for survival. With dwindling resources, simple tasks like upgrading equipment and collecting materials quickly require an expedition to scavenge the necessary items. In the search for survival materials, players must navigate a vast territory, in which they will encounter Eldritch monsters and an even greater foe: the unrelenting winter. While freezing temperatures constantly take their toll on the player Ash, the deadliest event is that of a blizzard. If caught by surprise, it takes every ounce of skill, determination and luck to survive.

More at the link in the OP

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing. Like the long dark with monsters. Will check out once its finished with early access.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the look of the screenshots I`ll say that much. It being early access though kinda losses me.

Now seeing who the developer is it brings me down so fucking hard.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Personally don't care much about survival games but between this, Biomutant, Jagged Alliance, Darksiders 3, they must have some damn optimistic investors.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The premise sounds ok on paper but it's hard to get excited for yet another early access survival game on Steam.

I feel like I added The Forest to my wishlist 14 years ago and it's still in early access last I looked.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its just nice to see THQ Nordic actually ship a game finally even if its early access.

Deleted member 62

From the team that brought you Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, the same devs behind Bubsy did Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams? Those were pretty solid platformers (though I admit I'm kinda biased towards anything Giana Sisters). But now that you mention it, the design of the world in Bubsy's latest turd is pretty similar in terms of assets.

Hopefully this one turns out good. I really like the premise. Like a The Long Dark, but with combat and hopefully a good progression system. My kind of survival game.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Survival games have never interested me, but at least this one has an interesting premise and a The Thing...thing...going on.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Edit: I'm a dick. See below.

Not a dick. I totally understand that. In the case of people looking through LinkedIn and other sites in order to get more information, some people are just really really interested in gaming. They're not trying to ruin things for us gamers as much as treating us to hidden information. Sure it could ruin press conferences or whatever, but I don't think it's malicious really.

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, wasn't it called Endless Winter? Hope this isn't one of the games Geoff was teasing about in terms of game worlds we hadn't seen before.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
After reading the details on the steam page, I think this is a single player RPG? I'm interested in seeing more.

Copy/pasted stuff from the details:
  • As the player you take the role of Ash
  • the player needs to attract followers
  • Each individual skillset and character traits grants access to higher tier resources and gear
  • dynamic snow displacement leaves a realistic path by both player character and NPC
  • Wolf Sled Expeditions: Pack your sled, take a follower with you
  • Moral choices: Save and recruit various NPCs to join your group
  • Genre: RPG, Early Access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/706020/Fade_to_Silence/