• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
there is two method, both are solderless
no disassembly required, and one of them you can buy it right now or find it on your home.

also, can't be patched for the current hardware

the first one is not permanent from my understanding, still need more info about it.

well, am surprised they released it early, there is fuse launcher released on github, but i don't know how it will works

https://github.com/reswitched/fusee-launcher

maybe we need homebrew thread for switch soon?

MOD EDIT:
As long as a hack can be used for legitimate homebrew and/or legal emulation, we will not be permitting derails about piracy. This policy will be applied to this topic henceforth. See post #1117.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaranaika

Oct 25, 2017
The hardware is just a joke. You really just need to bend the joycon's 9th and 10th pins to touch.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is fail0verflow throwing shade at Team Xecutor.

The Switch bootrom and bootrom exploit were both leaked in the last 24 hours, so the proof of concept and methods to boot it are in the wild now. I imagine it will take a while for a user-friendly homebrew launcher to be built.

EDIT: This is total speculation, but I wonder if shorting the JoyCon to activate a special mode is an intentional part of Nintendo's factory restore process.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what I'm looking at that GitHub but I guess now the homebrew fun starts for Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo always seems to have the worst secruity when it comes to this stuff. Not that I'm complaining, timing to buy another Switch just dedicated to Homebrew.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Huh? That's not a lot of information so far.. What do you install on your switch? Or do you 'simply' enable it to boot something through the USB-C port?

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want this to become my little portable emulation machine. Lost my G2PX on a plane once and forgot to grab a Vita before they were discontinued (I don't buy used hardware). Fingers crossed this can happen soon.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
There is no homebrew software out in the wild, and emulation is a long ways away so I doubt this is going to be a killing blow for Nintendo's software at the moment. That is going to change as soon as homebrew emulators pop up. The longer Nintendo waits to release their Virtual Console solution, the more and more people are going to look at homebrew emulators so they better get to acting fast (and big) before the homebrew scene makes inroads to that audience.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
And that's not all! The bootrom vulnerability has also been made public! This is it, now everything needed to fully hack Switch is out there.

CFW still in development

xrOPvS5.jpg

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
earthing a joy con pin and pressing the volume up key enters the DFU mode of the switch.

What the... That's one strange way to protect the system...

Edit:
And that's not all! The bootrom vulnerability has also been made public! This is it, now everything needed to fully hack Switch is out there.

CFW still in development

Well that didn't last long, just barely over a year. Curious how long it takes before this becomes usable for the end user. Don't see much good coming from this.

Giever

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else found and documented one of their bootROM bugs, that's why they're releasing this info. They're still working on actual CFW set to be released some time in the Summer, so this is just putting the exploit info out there since there's no point in hiding it now. Not much to do with it right now unless you are a hacker yourself, I imagine.

Oct 27, 2017
Eh that's pretty good

Even though after the great days of hacking the PSP through its battery nothing surprises me anymore

OP
OP
L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
man, i don't want to update to 4.0, i know the iwata "direct" trick was removed in that update, i want to hack my switch so i can try it.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
So will this enable what pirated games?

Will this bring able to play ps1 -psp- ds -3ds - and all other systems ? gamecube should doable right android phones doing that
cfe.gif