• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Update -- this seems to be an issue with the Xbox Insider program for the OS:

There is an issue with insider builds, they recommend people leave until the insider team creates a fix.

View: https://twitter.com/halosupport/status/1590412835364163585?s=61&t=pPhRZo-ZgD-4suoC3Xajew

------
Original OP:

This isn't getting much buzz, but this is something I encountered and posted about in the Halo Infinite thread and others chimed in saying they're experiencing the same thing:

The Halo Infinite winter update is extremely buggy, and has numerous in-game issues and will often crash -- I think that's well known enough. However, the larger issue I and others are encountering is that after exiting the game on the Xbox Series X and attempting to open any other apps (such as Netflix or Disney +) will result in said app crashing continuously, and failing to open. So far the only way to get those apps to work after playing Infinite is a hard reset of the Xbox -- and I dunno if there are other issues going on on top of that.

Yeah, same exact situation. Also I can re create the issue every time
+
Yup, I was wondering why I couldn't stream any cloud games and its because Infinite was still in quick resume. I pressed start on Infinite and fully quit the game and my Xbox started working properly again. They've really borked something.

Figured this was worth a warning so as at the very least those experiencing it can be aware of the 'fix' to open the other apps.

I also want to note that the game will no longer even open the Multiplayer and Campaign menu options and will just sit there with the loading icon in a loop with no menu pop ups. They really broke something.

Last edited:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Are you sure this is not an issue with an insider preview build of the OS?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Are you sure this is not an issue with an insider preview build of the OS?
so i was an insider last night and had this issue, if i tried to play halo infinite i could then not play anything else until i reset my xbox.

today i did two things - go back to the normal OS build, which includes a factory reset, and reinstalled halo infinite. as of now, one of those has worked, but can't say which.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't this noted to be an Insider build problem? I had an issue with a few apps/games on the Insider build in the past few months.

edit: Yep, Insider. Should be a fix soon. They give a warning that being on Beta/Alpha software can impact games, but I guess they're rushing out a fix regardless.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this is why I don't use insider builds anymore. Don't seem to be experiencing this on my end. Insider Build: Here Be Dragons.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Egg-on-face.jpg
Not sure what you're getting at considering this is a legitimate issue that is causing system-level chaos. Even weirder that you did it via cross-posting.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Stuff like this is why I don't use insider builds anymore. Don't seem to be experiencing this on my end. Insider Build: Here Be Dragons.
Yep. I appreciate the folks who test this stuff but that ain't for me. I'm happy to wait a few extra weeks or whatever for the new features.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
If it's only the insider build(s), then the title should get updated to avoid any misinformation…

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. I appreciate the folks who test this stuff but that ain't for me. I'm happy to wait a few extra weeks or whatever for the new features.
Yep, I have had lots of issues with the Insider Program. That's actually how it's supposed to work, trying things out with a larger userbase. Yet you always get a few people ranging on insider forums and Reddit about having problems with what is literally TEST software.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I had an issue where Halo Infinite wouldn't fully close (after choosing Close), and it basically wouldn't start back up normally unless I Restarted the console. I thought it might be related to the dash preview, so I reverted and that resolved the snag. All good now, and it's the sort of thing to expect in some rings of the preview. I originally chalked it up to potential network issues on the game's end, but among the people I was playing with, I was the only one in the preview ring and the only one with the issue.

Based on my experience in the dash preview, anyone trying to blame specific games for causing this kind of issue may not understand the nature/intent of the test environment, and should probably just hang back from using it to save some headaches. And anyone trying to use this as a "gotcha" for their own personal vendettas is just showing their whole ass.

Oh nice, that was fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I was totally fine with the random crashes and bugs from the Insider builds on Xbox One, filed tons of reports and such but I immediately noped out after the first crash when I got my Series X. I'm just not that brave anymore.. that and it feels like if you aren't lumping with others on issues/sufferings you are ignored but that's besides the point.

Anyways, if you are enrolled, always consider that your first point of issue and report.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I'm not on an insider build and I'm getting the issue. I didn't even have the insider app installed on my Xbox but I installed it now to check and it says I'm not enrolled. Weird!

Edit: My build version is 10.0.22621.2488, is that somehow an insider one even though it says I'm not enrolled?

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if they have released the patch already? Not at home atm but I want to see if I can finally play the game later tonight.