• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: it's a placeholder (thanks Mandos!):

www.fairytailgame.com

FAIRY TAIL

Magic × Guilds × RPG! Adventure with FAIRY TAIL on PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam - from Koei Tecmo Games and GUST Studios.

81ZmHrlXAPL.jpg

71V6HjCa4mL.jpg

Thought folks would want to see this. Both are from their Amazon JP pages. Looks like they more or less just slapped the existing game artwork together. A far cry from the pretty awesome-looking Attack on Titan boxes of theirs.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Seemingly a placeholder.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
81ZmHrlXAPL.jpg
71V6HjCa4mL.jpg

Thought folks would want to see this. Both are from their Amazon JP pages. Looks like they more or less just slapped the existing game artwork together. A far cry from the pretty awesome-looking Attack on Titan boxes of theirs.

Thoughts?
There's a disclaimer on the page apparently saying these are placeholders and that the series creator is doing original art for the cover

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
There's a disclaimer on the page apparently saying these are placeholders and that the series creator is doing original art for the cover

Oh. That's certainly better. :P Why put this up at all though? Bizarre when folks are accustomed to just seeing blanks with the game's logo as a fitting placeholder.

Disregard then I guess! :P

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
i expected more clevage tbh

this cover is generic as fuck though

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Those renders are terrible
Probably cause those are the character keyarts from the official sites. Also from the official website

Oh. That's certainly better. :P Why put this up at all though? Bizarre when folks are accustomed to just seeing blanks with the game's logo as a fitting placeholder.

Disregard then I guess! :P
www.fairytailgame.com

FAIRY TAIL

Magic × Guilds × RPG! Adventure with FAIRY TAIL on PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam - from Koei Tecmo Games and GUST Studios.
Sample only. Package art will be updated with Hiro Mashima's exclusive illustration for the game.
Which makes sense as Hiro has been involved for all of game development

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking as a fan of Fairy Tail, it looks rather dull and bland. Just renders of the characters in poses.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
game looks neat but goddamn that is an awful box art.

edit: phew, apparently just a placeholder

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If the actual box art isn't art from Mashima, I will be disappointed.
It is they have a disclaimer on the official site saying so. Plus he's been involved during the games entire development on an advising and feedback role as a regular gamer on top of it so it'd be odd if he didn't

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
It is they have a disclaimer on the official site saying so. Plus he's been involved during the games entire development on an advising and feedback role as a regular gamer on top of it so it'd be odd if he didn't

Lol shit, the one thing I missed while skimming the thread. I'm just too used to these sort of license anime games only using the anime style artwork and not the original artists.