• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It's that time again where we confuse members of this board with an invasion of weird MS Paint portraits.

For those of you not in the know, Fake Pic Feb is a spinoff of Real Pic January where members set their avatars as magnificently drawn ms paint versions of their January real pic avatars.

It's that simple.

Rules:

I guess there really aren't any.

Common Questions:
Q) Does it have to be MS Paint?
A) Nah. At least I dont think so. (Mine isnt)

Q) Did I have participate in RPJ to participate in this?
A) Nah. Just use a new real pic as inspiration for the fake.

Q) How do I participate if I can't draw?
A) Well, there is a portrait thread (here) or you can ask someone here nicely.

Q) Hey midramble, how will you know the fake pic is even me? I could fake a fake ya know.
A) I guess you're right. That would be a bit lame, but sure. Not like we're a bunch of detectives dedicated to outing fake fakers.

With that out of the way, even though we are a couple of days late, LET THE FAKING BEGIN!

Last edited:

KettuNet

Jan 21, 2018
I hope this thread ignites a fire over at the portrait request thread. I drew a few portraits in a similar thread at neogaf back in the day, but only catched up with the one here after it had gone cold. I have serious trouble with drawing motivation and it worked as the best motivator because the pictures had a "purpose" i guess (just learning to draw isn't enough motivation?), apparently i can't get off my ass to draw without it, at least not more than once every 6-12 months or something.

the OP in the portrait thread has a couple of my pictures from the previous thread, so if you want something ghostly and hopefully less smudgy this time around, let me know.
cBbHnsN.jpg

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I switched early because I found one of my early ones done by someone in the other place.. thought I lost it forever!

The general standard
OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this thread ignites a fire over at the portrait request thread. I drew a few portraits in a similar thread at neogaf back in the day, but only catched up with the one here after it had gone cold. I have serious trouble with drawing motivation and it worked as the best motivator because the pictures had a "purpose" i guess (just learning to draw isn't enough motivation?), apparently i can't get off my ass to draw without it, at least not more than once every 6-12 months or something.

the OP in the portrait thread has a couple of my pictures from the previous thread, so if you want something ghostly and hopefully less smudgy this time around, let me know.
Oooo those are great. Maybe will send one over, if you really need motivation I will.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Finally doing FakePic with my own work.

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
still seeing a lot of fake fakers in here... cough cough....

Anyone put in portrait requests yet?

Hell, I may be willing to poorly vectorize some people like mine if I've got the time

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Someone wanna make me a fake profile pic?
I'm half Japanese half Mexican,
living in Canada and a dude with stubble.
Do with that what you will... :P

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I went biking by myself, just listening to music real loud. It felt great.
Wanna do that tomorrow again.