• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This is another one like egoraptor's. He did metroid and super metroid before. Really good actually.

Nov 23, 2017
Im going to be honest here and say I dont really have an interest in watching the video ( I really dont like the animated avatar narration Youtube stuff) but as far as comparing Mother 2 and 3, I'd say that Mother 3 is better by far in really every arena besides the fact it doesn't have any areas quite as memorable as Fourside or Poo's kingdom. The story and how layered it is referencing Mother 1 and 2 and the way it critiques society and capitalism and the risks of losing your identity is masterful. Mother 3 is actually deep in the way that people want to say games like Inside and Limbo or Celeste or Kojima stuff are deep. A nd all on a fucking GBA cart!

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
They're both classics but Mother 2 is the clear winner for me. I really love the more freely structured form of 2 compared to the more linear and traditional feeling Mother 3. Mother 3 has a more emotional plot, but the weirdness and surrealism works way better in 2.

Both absolute must-plays though.