• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Screenshot_2020-08-12_at_15.19.43.png

https://gamstat.com/games/Fall_Guys_Ultimate_Knockout/

For those that don't know, Gamstat is a PSN tracker that was made possible by the time Sony gave trophy data. It's generally not super accurate way to tell sales as it can't differentiate between new copies, used copies and shared copies between accounts, but these factors only start really making a difference over time, so for the first week or so it should be a good measure (also, used copies don't really apply with Fall Guys, so that's a factor that can't affect the numbers).

The game is available for free on PS+, but still, those are some great numbers. Wonder at how much they'll end up once the month ends.

#freethefollower

Last edited:

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Free and it has word of mouth and a 120 milllion player base. Not that surprising, but gigantic congrats to the Devs.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Plus is helping the game the same way it did with Rocket League. Games like these really benefit by being part of the service at launch.

Oct 27, 2017
Even for a PS+ game it's absolutely massive, you hardly ever see this kind of spike on gamstat when a game enters the program. The other PS+ game (Modern Warfare 2 Remastered) got 4,1 million new users at the same time.

(also, more than 4 million Ghost of Tsushima <3)

(also also, The Last of Us 1 reaches 30 million PS4+PS3 combined)

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
To put this in perspective... two weeks after Fortnite Battle Royale's launch (on PC, Xbox One and PS4), Epic announced it had been played by over ten million players.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
If that's accurate, that means they have 10 million or more people playing the game in the first week between PS4 and PC. No wonder they've been having server issues.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
While it's easy to diss out that since everyone and their mothers have PS+, convincing 8 millions of players in a console full of AAA, with Sekiro and The LAst of Us II recently released to play a cartoony platformer is a total win for the devs.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Good news, happy for the team but, please, fix the disconnect issues. Love playing this with buds but it sucks ass having to wait in the lobby instead of spectating thanks to disconnects. Happened 7 times during one of our sessions.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
And people were saying PS+ had no effect on its success
Huge word of mouth if 8 million people played it

Seems like it'd be obvious. The amount of traction that it's getting on social media is helped in part because of all the people who played it who enjoy seeing content about it. I can't stop seeing the game around on Youtube and Twitter so I'd say it's working.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
They really made the right call releasing it for free on PS+. Congrats to the team, been having a lot of fun on PC and PS4 playing with friends.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The bigger news is that it already sold over 5 million copies on Steam, that's the thread we should have.

steamspy.com

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout -

Steam Spy automatically gathers data from Steam user profiles, analyzes it and presents in simple, yet beautiful, manner. Steam Spy is designed to be helpful for indie developers, journalists, students and all parties interested in PC gaming and its current state of affairs.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's fun to watch and play, and everyone I know who plays it recommends it to others. Myself included.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Congratz to the devs.....battle royales are hot shit I guess.....I played three games then uninstalled,not my thing. but it certainly looks a lot of fun for what it is.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Netflix is on the phone right now to revive Extreme Elimination Challenge.

Grats to the team!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The bigger news is that it already sold over 5 million copies on Steam, that's the thread we should have.

steamspy.com

Steam Spy automatically gathers data from Steam user profiles, analyzes it and presents in simple, yet beautiful, manner. Steam Spy is designed to be helpful for indie developers, journalists, students and all parties interested in PC gaming and its current state of affairs.
They announced over 2mil sales just 2 days ago, there's no way sales have increased that much in the past 48 hours.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017

steamspy.com

They just announced 2m on Steam like a day ago. There was a thread for that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

steamspy.com

Why can't we be glad about both news? Does it have to be one over the other?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They announced over 2mil sales just 2 days ago, there's no way sales have increased that much in the past 48 hours.
Steamspy showed between 2-5 million 2 days ago, now it's 5-10 million. I don't know if steamspy is usually accurate about this, but it seems it has sold over 5 millions.

Yesterday also with the record of 130k concurrent players.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

steamspy.com

Make the thread then? Or just add the information without the weird aggressive tone.

OT: Congrats for the team, the game is awesome.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Making this available for PS+ is brilliant and ensures that it will have a healthy playerbase down the line as they add more stuff. Good job on the developers.
Congratz to the devs.....battle royales are hot shit I guess.....I played three games then uninstalled,not my thing. but it certainly looks a lot of fun for what it is.
It's a Mario Party style minigame battle royale instead of the usual shootbang. That made it really stands out.