• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure it's disheartening, but they'll be totally fine. This game has so much momentum and so much positive coverage already. And it's been #1 on Twitch pretty much all day.

If Wolcen can survive spotty launch servers, Fall Guys definitely can.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
This is normal. If a game doesn't run very well, those people will be the first to review it, because they aren't playing it. People having a good experience are busy having fun.

Always give Steam reviews a week or so. Get a more broad review base.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand this.

Game just came out and it's popular then servers go to shit, it happens every time this is not a new thing especially with a smaller dev. Why go to Steam and put low reviews because shit doesn't work? Just wait.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
"review bombed"

Servers are not working and people are giving negative reviews, same thing happened with Grounded near launch.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
The game is literally sitting on 67% rating on Steam (Mixed) with 4296 reviews... And this is a game that is currently basically shitting the bed with servers, basically not allowing people who bought it play.

Not every single negative review is a "review bomb" devs.

Proof:

unknown.png

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Top negative reviews shown to me by Steam

zbVSUVj.png

WxEhcBo.png

ssK0mDc.png

I'd be very interested to hear what the difference is between receiving mixed reviews and being review bombed, according to OP and the people running the twitter account.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For the first few days, Steam reviews almost always reflect technical issues over everything. Multiplayer games fare worse than others, especially if they're unexpectedly popular and there are issues. Doesn't seem to affect sales too much and the reviews will level out once the issues are resolved.

I agree that the game seems content-light though, and such extensive microtransactions in a lower budget game is really off-putting.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Steam has good anti-review bombing measures so it won't be an issue in the long term once Mediatonic fixes its server problems. Even big games have server issues at launch, there was no way Fall Guys would avoid it with how much interest in it there is.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It really says something about the industry and modern gaming that my mind immediately went to the game getting bombed because on Steam you can play as Gordon Freeman, which is the first time he's been playable in a game in 13 years, and in the last H-L game you played as a woman, so ewwwwwwwwwwwww...

I know it's a reach, but the mentality of incels is STAGGERING.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I figured this would happen with it on PlayStation (server issues that is, not review bombing) and I really want to play it so I just figured I would wait a day or two for the issues to get worked out.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda comes with the territory. Diablo 3 got murdered with all the network issues that had.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They expected around 150k or so players at launch when offering it free on ps+ with 44 million members .so servers are getting fried . Same with steam

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't call it a review bomb. The servers aren't working so yeah, the game is getting hit with negative reviews. I mean sure they could've been patient but the servers being borked is part of the game. Once Mediatonic fixes things, it'll uptick again. Just a slight bump in the road and also do remember that Steam will most likely flag it and decided whether to keep the negative reviews or not.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
The game is literally sitting on 67% rating on Steam (Mixed) with 4296 reviews... And this is a game that is currently basically shitting the bed with servers, basically not allowing people who bought it play.

Not every single negative review is a "review bomb" devs.

Proof:

unknown.png
^^^

This isnt a review bomb. It's just some people being dissatisfied with the game, so leave them be.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not seeing evidence of review bombing. People are struggling to have stable connections, and that is something Fall Guys twitter even recognised, as well as a series of technical issues.
Standard situation for..... games that have connection issues and technical problems / are overwhelmed at launch.. which is Steam Reviews working.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Top negative reviews shown to me by Steam

zbVSUVj.png

WxEhcBo.png

ssK0mDc.png

I'd be very interested to hear what the difference is between receiving mixed reviews and being review bombed, according to OP and the people running the twitter account.
I think OP believed it's being review bombed because Game developer on Twitter said so. I don't think they understand the concept of review bomb.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Imma quote myself

From my quick glance plenty of the negative reviews were citing miscellaneous bugs, not enough/repetitive stages, a few people wanting no team rounds, and microtransaction dislike. Combined those outweighed the server complaints easily.

Of course the majority of the reviews were positive still. It'll be positive in a few hours again, they're right on the edge of mixed so it looks worse than it is.

It's also not really a concerted effort, I wouldn't say it falls under "review bombing".

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Never understood why people are allowed to review games on Steam and elsewhere before even one day has passed. Make it 3 days minimum so people can actually form an opinion.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
There's a negative review on Steam because the devs complained about being review bombed...not a good move from the devs i'd say...

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
And this is a game that is currently basically shitting the bed with servers, basically not allowing people who bought it play.

Not every single negative review is a "review bomb" devs

This ain't it, chief. It's a mutliplayer title being slammed hard, issues arise. People need to learn some fucking patience.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People need to stop review bombing. Have some patience the game is just out for a few hours!

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This happens every time a game releases with server issues or something that doesn't allow people to play. Over time as those issues get resolved the negative reviews relating to those factors go away and the score evens out.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This game blew the fuck up in beta leading up to launch on PC and took over twitch.
Expected the absolute bombard of their servers day 1 for sure.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This isn't a review bomb, the game is sitting at 67% positive reviews. Let's say even a full half of the 33% remainder is due to server issues (I doubt it is, I'm sure a decent amount are just people who don't like the game)...that will solve itself when the servers are stable and people remove their negative review, or a larger percentage of positive ones come in.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
3,121 positive, 1,538 negative doesn't strike me as review bombed, especially when you take a look at the negative reviews and the vast majority are not about server issues... 🤔

Raigor

May 14, 2020
You buy a multiplayer game
It does not work
You can't play the game
You give a negative review

Devs : "review bombing sadface"

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Review bombing means people are organizing groups to give negative reviews because they have a vendetta against the creator for something unrelated to the quality of the game. People giving negative reviews because they have issues with the game (like the server not working in an online multiplayer game) isn't review bombing, it's just reviewing.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
I will never understand this.

Game just came out and it's popular then servers go to shit, it happens every time this is not a new thing especially with a smaller dev. Why go to Steam and put low reviews because shit doesn't work? Just wait.

I mean is this even a review bomb? They paid money and they can't play the game. I'm not seeing the issue with giving it a negative review. If I bought a car and it didn't run, and they told me I had to wait a few days for the engine to get put in, I'd be pissed too.

The reviews will stabilize, assuming they fix the issues. But like you said: This is common. Why don't they plan ahead for it?

..And, I guess that's not even a major sticking point for the top bad reviews either. Looks like it's issues with the game itself.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Review bombing means people are organizing groups to give negative reviews because they have a vendetta against the creator for something unrelated to the quality of the game. People giving negative reviews because they have issues with the game (like the server not working in an online multiplayer game) isn't review bombing, it's just reviewing.

I don't call this a proper review.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Online games have been going strong for how many decades now and gamers still don't understand launch day server issues are a very common and understandable thing?