• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

MediaTonic has released a gameplay trailer for the new content coming in S3 of Fall Guys, which begins in just three days~

The new levels and obstacles look absolutely incredible IMO. The scope is truly epic. I think S3 will be an amazing time to jump in for new & returning players, as well as a huge leap forward for veterans.

Edit: lol "design phil", should say Philosophy.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As an avid Fall Guys player to this day this update looks great, looking forward to it!

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
Really impressed with how they've gotten the content out so quickly. It's only been about 4 months since the game released.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
That looks fantastic. Didn't love season 2 but this looks very nice.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
My only complaint about this game after 100+ wins in the first season is the focus on making toxic finals.

The grab mechanic is the worst idea in the finals because people in premades can abuse that and make people fall just to let something from the team win.

The player base went down hard and at least in my opinion was because of this.. even the final that was only about jumping and timing ended up being toxic and you could only win by bullying other people even if you lose in the process.

I don't know what type of finals they will come up now but last season it was a terrible experience on that regard and the feedback was never important for them.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
My only complaint about this game after 100+ wins in the first season is the focus on making toxic finals.

The grab mechanic is the worst idea in the finals because people in premades can abuse that and make people fall just to let something from the team win.

The player base went down hard and at least in my opinion was because of this.. even the final that was only about jumping and timing ended up being toxic and you could only win by bullying other people even if you lose in the process.

I don't know what type of finals they will come up now but last season it was a terrible experience on that regard and the feedback was never important for them.

That's not being toxic, that is playing to win the game.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Of course it is.. but the game designed this finals with that in mind.. being toxic so you could win.. this are the conditions set by the developers not by the players.

Again, that is not being toxic. Sumo wrestlers are not being toxic when they push their opponent out of the ring. When the objective of the game is being the last person remaining, you are not being toxic by eliminating other players.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Fall Guys peaked fast and hard if you ask me, they'll need a consistent promotion and influencer appeal if they intend to remain in mindshare. The lack of platforms still is also kinda crazy as a new platform to release on is just the boost the game needs.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Again, that is not being toxic. Sumo wrestlers are not being toxic when they push their opponent out of the ring. When the objective of the game is being the last person remaining, you are not being toxic by eliminating other players.
For me it is toxic.

The final is called "Final JUMP Showdown" and you never do that.. everyone just grab randomly and start to fall just trying to get other players. For me is bad design from the developer.

That final should be about timing and jumping not about being a bully. I'm pretty good at the game and I've dropped 5 or 6 people 1 by 1 on that final and of course that's not fun after 4 or 5 times that happens to you. Less skilled players really have a hard time getting to the finals and just to get dropped by a premade is not fun at all for them.

The game has that problem.. finals that just don't work properly like Tail Tag because of latency or finals with a "be a bully" component.. it's fun 1 or 2 times.. after that people just stop playing like I did.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 was so bad that it made me drop the game over night. Wall guys in particular is an absolute travesty. Hopefully Season3 is a lot better.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
For me it is toxic.

The final is called "Final JUMP Showdown" and you never do that.. everyone just grab randomly and start to fall just trying to get other players. For me is bad design from the developer.

That final should be about timing and jumping not about being a bully. I'm pretty good at the game and I've dropped 5 or 6 people 1 by 1 on that final and of course that's not fun after 4 or 5 times that happens to you. Less skilled players really have a hard time getting to the finals and just to get dropped by a premade is not fun at all for them.

The game has that problem.. finals that just don't work properly like Tail Tag because of latency or finals with a "be a bully" component.. it's fun 1 or 2 times.. after that people just stop playing like I did.

This is like saying hitting someone with a red shell in Mario Kart is toxic.

It's not toxic. It's a competition. If you consider it "bullying," the game simply isn't for you.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This instantly looks better than season 2.

My big hope is that there are UI updates coming soon as well. More organization options, a visual dot or triangle to let you know the rarity of something without hovering over it. Player stats. When you get knocked out, you should never lose the "hit circle to exit" prompt. Stuff like that.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
This is like saying hitting someone with a red shell in Mario Kart is toxic.

It's not toxic. It's a competition. If you consider it "bullying," the game simply isn't for you.
For me the game was created with that in mind.. Fall Guys is a toxic game and that's why the player base is like 5% of what it used to be.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think Fall Guys is toxic either by design or incident. I do think that the game stopped being fun because the skill floor to even have a chance of sniffing the final round has gotten so high that I just can't be arsed to play when I feel it's just a huge waste of time.

OP
OP
Hours Left

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Fall Guys is like the least toxic online multiplayer game there is. Grabbing can be annoying, and I wish there was a button to break out of a grab, but as your skills grow in the game, it becomes easier to deal with grabbers.

And the difficulty level is what makes it satisfying, and they've added tons of crowns to season rewards for those who haven't won yet.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I've barely seen any grabbers on Jump Showdown recently. There's one or two sometimes (frequently out of 10+ people) and they'll almost always die to karma or by getting countergrabbed and killed. Everyone who remains then plays it cool and tries to win through jumping skill.

I'm approaching 400 wins pretty much without ever grabbing anybody so I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
I gave up on this game after Season 1. Season 2 looked like a pain with little changes (i did hear the network code got patched causing some wierd issues) and since they never changed that 5 wins in a row Achievement I never went back.

I was playing to enjoy myself not hate the game due to online RNG.

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
Very cool (no pun intended). I like the winter theme, and it's nice to see that they have started experimenting a little.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why they spent all that time and money on a cinematic trailer when absolutely zero people wanted to see that. Everyone wanted gameplay.

These new modes look fun.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Glad to see they're trying new stuff. I love the game, but having the same obstacles all the time was getting a bit stale and this will add some nice variety!

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fall Guys is like the least toxic online multiplayer game there is. Grabbing can be annoying, and I wish there was a button to break out of a grab, but as your skills grow in the game, it becomes easier to deal with grabbers.

And the difficulty level is what makes it satisfying, and they've added tons of crowns to season rewards for those who haven't won yet.
i think a counter to grab abuse is making characters lighter after all grabs. the more you grab the lighter you get and then getting grabbed can punt you really far. that or add a shove button but that would also get abused to hell and back. anyways i still love this game and really want to play the new stages and get the new costumes.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hopefully they're planning a PS5 version, didn't play it on my PS5 until a few days ago and was shocked at how bad it looks. But this season looks great.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped off this game hard right near the beginning of season 2. Always felt too shallow to me. I'll probably give season 3 a try.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I knew I should have jumped into this when it launched. Feels like jumping in now maybe won't be as fun?

Although with it changing every few months or whatever. Maybe not.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I only gave season 2 a couple of hours before dropping it. Really didn't feel those new games at all. This is looking a lot better. I may jump back in for this

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it - my only complaint is that they need to have more Fall Ball.

And Im not sure why they don't make Slime Climb a potential final. Or make Fall Mountain a race (grab some flag to qualify)

OP
OP
Hours Left

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I knew I should have jumped into this when it launched. Feels like jumping in now maybe won't be as fun?

Although with it changing every few months or whatever. Maybe not.
All the content from launch is still in the game. They're not replacing things, just adding to them. I think S3 is a great time to start.

Have they fixed the loadtimes yet? I burned out because I spent more time in lobbies and cutscenes than actually playing rounds
The loading times were fixed long ago, and you can choose another region if you're in an area that currently doesn't have a lot of players queuing. I've personally never had to change my region, even super late at night.

Here's more footage of one of the new finals, Thin Ice:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I can shove my crowns in peoples faces?

I can't wait to have my Glorious Golden Bean covered in 14 karat gold!

OP
OP
Hours Left

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Full Patch Notes! (Click the tweet to see the entire thread.)

Freezy Peak teaser~

I'm so glad the crown ranks are retroactive. šŸ˜Ž

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to try this again. When trying season 2 I played like 10 matches and mostly got season 1 levels over and over again so I hope there's more variety now.