• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
The Hex-A-Ring show was severely bugged and randomly giving one or two players in the final a massive, unfair advantage, so it's been replaced with Blast Ball Trials. Shame, would've much preferred a fixed Hex show.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
There was a ton of stuff I was going to grumble about during my play session tonight (server disconnects, the game never ever matching me with another player in duos mode) but now Blast Ball is back and all is right with the world again.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I can't do 2 of my dailies because they turned off hexaring due to surprise surprise it was broken trash.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I got into the Hex-A-Ring final and noticed people running along the side, which appeared at first to be cheating.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
They ruined this game with the SBMM in Solos. I'm so tired of losing in the first round now any time one little mistake happens. Epic buying this company is the worst thing to happen to it

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, what exactly was the issue with Hexaring? I played it a few times and didn't notice anything weird.
1 or 2 out of the 8 or 9 players in the final would, for some reason, load into the standard version of the map while everyone else would load into a compact, low player count version. Basically, 1 or 2 players had extra rows of tiles on both sides of the map that nobody else could see or use.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
1 or 2 out of the 8 or 9 players in the final would, for some reason, load into the standard version of the map while everyone else would load into a compact, low player count version. Basically, 1 or 2 players had extra rows of tiles on both sides of the map that nobody else could see or use.

OH. I thought it was just lag or something when I saw people walking on the edge where they should have fallen off.

What a weird bug.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Rock and Roll is busted. The ball can't fit between the wall and the last stick anymore.

I've lost twice now. First time because I didn't know. Second time because my teammates didn't know and didn't react quickly.

These team games with 20 people on each team suck.

Last edited:

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
Rock and Roll is busted. The ball can't fit between the wall and the last stick anymore.

I've lost twice now. First time because I didn't know. Second time because my teammates didn't know and didn't react quickly.
Not the only one, a whole bunch of things are broken right now:

-Duos can have team games, and Squads Mode will now feature them earlier into the show than before, combining multiple squads into single teams. Only problem is it can make them uneven (I had one match with a team of 12 vs. two teams of 8)
-The Swiveller (in Squads Mode) will sometimes begin and instantly end in a 0 point tie, eliminating everyone
-Bubble Trouble spawns literally no bubbles so everyone gets eliminated
-The trapeze at the end of Pipe Dream swings extra slow, to such a degree that you cannot use it to get across the gap, have to use the pipes
-The pendulums in Hit Parade are all embedded in the floor so the section after the moving wall has no obstacles

Mediatonic's updates have a tendency to break more things than they fix and this one's no exception lol

EDIT: The counter in Airtime is stuck at 0%, so that's also a guaranteed elimination for everyone.

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got a Daily Challenge for "Qualify 3 times for Ring Hexathlon"

Good thing Mediatonic took it away and didn't change my Daily...

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
And hoverboard heros is busted. In the first get off the hoverboard area with the conveyer belts It made me grab the ledge but would not let me climb up.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Managed to get my hexagon dailies earlier before the changed it. Sounds totally busted all around though.

I also had the weird glitch on Swiveller where it ended really quick and ended up in a tie so everyone advanced to the next round.

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017

-Duos can have team games, and Squads Mode will now feature them earlier into the show than before, combining multiple squads into single teams. Only problem is it can make them uneven (I had one match with a team of 12 vs. two teams of 8)
-The Swiveller (in Squads Mode) will sometimes begin and instantly end in a 0 point tie, eliminating everyone
-The trapeze at the end of Pipe Dream swings extra slow, to such a degree that you cannot use it to get across the gap, have to use the pipes
-The pendulums in Hit Parade are all embedded in the floor so the section after the moving wall has no obstacles

Mediatonic's updates have a tendency to break more things than they fix and this one's no exception lol

What a shit show of an update!

If that Squads/Duo's change is permanent I'm not going to be playing that mode much anymore. How am I supposed to carry my kids and friends in the mode if we're lumped in with a bunch of trash randoms.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Sounds like a normal Fall Guys update

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Played for about 2 hours today and got the solo, duos and squads wins to complete everything. Finished my weeklies and completed the fame path too.

Man I carried those duos and squads teams. The squad final was basketfall and I was the only one to score points on either team.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down to help people get the wins for the event if anyone needs the help.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've played this since the start of Season 2, and serious question: is there SBMM now? I'm fucking around in Squads mode, and 7 of the 8 games I've played I've been the only person in my squad to even finish at all the very first round. I've never played any of these maps once. I'm legimtately pretty drunk. Soooooooooo

If I'm understanding the new currency stuff correctly most stuff you have to buy with real money unless you save hard from the BP (just like Fortnite) so it's kind of whatever and I have like 70k kudos carried over, but the fuck is with these teams.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
First time I've played this since the start of Season 2, and serious question: is there SBMM now? I'm fucking around in Squads mode, and 7 of the 8 games I've played I've been the only person in my squad to even finish at all the very first round. I've never played any of these maps once. I'm legimtately pretty drunk. Soooooooooo

If I'm understanding the new currency stuff correctly most stuff you have to buy with real money unless you save hard from the BP (just like Fortnite) so it's kind of whatever and I have like 70k kudos carried over, but the fuck is with these teams.
SBMM is only on for Main Show

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Im sure teams is where all the kids and new players go hoping others will carry them. 5 out of my last 6 team games I was the only one to finish a round lol

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Im sure teams is where all the kids and new players go hoping others will carry them. 5 out of my last 6 team games I was the only one to finish a round lol
I'm evil. I purposely get to the last round and lose in front of them to dash their hopes. I don't even look at spectate anymore, it's already mindnumbing enough to watch teammates who can't even complete a race when they screw up on the same obstacles multiple times in a row.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm evil. I purposely get to the last round and lose in front of them to dash their hopes. I don't even look at spectate anymore, it's already mindnumbing enough to watch teammates who can't even complete a race when they screw up on the same obstacles multiple times in a row.

Im picturing you getting to the top of fall mountain and just emoting 😫 lol

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Im picturing you getting to the top of fall mountain and just emoting 😫 lol
Salute-Emote.png

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Finally won a game for today's (week's?) challenge. Did the bomb throwing one, I've won those a few times before so I felt it was my best shot.

Only 28 more levels u til I get to 100 for the season!
I told myself i'vd buy the season pass if I manage to get to 100 as a huge Godzilla fan (and Mechagodzilla especially) I really want that costume.
Fingers crossed I can make it, I'm pretty sure playing regularly enough to make it.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
got my squad win and blast trial win done today. will attempt the other two tomorrow. is it just me or are team games way more regular now in squads though? guess the update brought changes in the rotation. all of a sudden the ball roll, jinxed, and others are now incredibly common when they weren't the past few weeks. didn't realize they made the basketball one a regular level instead of a finale too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think the team games were a response to them realizing when they removed them from solo it basically made them not exist because they would only show up in the later rounds of squads if you got down to the final four, three, or two with everyone in full squads still. They way over corrected though and now you have shit like back to back team games and not having multiple team games in a row was a welcome change they made to solo show way back when.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
these weekly events are honestly pretty fun, and i find myself enjoying these rotating playlists way more than the main shows, especially considering how poor the payouts are now excluding challenges. while my plan was to drop off the game after this season ended, i can see myself not getting the next battle pass but instead just finishing whatever event they are holding for prizes weekly. the time commitment isn't bad either.

Krazie

Jun 6, 2022
Whoever thought 20v20 Fall Ball was a good idea needs a stern talking to. Took every ounce of fun out of that mode.

These large team games make it more random than skill. I'm probably not gonna touch the game this weekend, except for maybe some Blast Ball Trials.

Aug 9, 2020
Looking for a group or single person to help with the Squad Wins and Squad Duo wins for the challenges. Tired of being let down by randoms. Epic username/PSN is: forgotten_eyes. Will be online in about 6 hours time.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So they got rid of Ring Hexathlon but forgot to update the daily challenges so it's impossible to complete two of today's five challenges, as they're tied to a mode that doesn't exist.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
It might be genuine 'tactics' to some players, but I really detest players that use the grab function to hold players back from the finish line and/or as a way to cause people to fall off edges in elimination games. Such was the case with what I experienced in the final round Jump Showdown. We were all doing well and got it down to the final 4 and lasted a while on the 2 remaining tiles, another person falls off, one player grabs on to me and causes BOTH of us to fall off with the swirling thing knocking us both off. So this person also eliminated themselves with their stupidity. But I still found it very annoying.

Dynamo

Jan 1, 2021
Duos and squads are now filled with shitty team games.
Who though 20vs20 team games was a good idea ? It's the same as flipping a coin.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It might be genuine 'tactics' to some players, but I really detest players that use the grab function to hold players back from the finish line and/or as a way to cause people to fall off edges in elimination games. Such was the case with what I experienced in the final round Jump Showdown. We were all doing well and got it down to the final 4 and lasted a while on the 2 remaining tiles, another person falls off, one player grabs on to me and causes BOTH of us to fall off with the swirling thing knocking us both off. So this person also eliminated themselves with their stupidity. But I still found it very annoying.

I know it's part of the game, but all the grabbing that has been happening recently INFURIATES me

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
My kingdom for some random squads (4) members that don't eat crayons. Got the solo, duos, and the hex ring one done quickly, spent hours with people that would get lost in a single-room house and struggle not to stick the controller up their nose.