• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Huh kinda funny because Portal 2 isn't available on PS4. Kind of shame that Valve haven't gone rereleases of any of their games on current gen consoles. Neat design on the costume.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
People keep grabbing me while putting this skin on, which costing me a lot of games..

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Lots of Valve crossovers so far; I wonder if they will ever get around to cute Artifact skins:

artifact-2.0-roadmap.png

May 5, 2018
For a moment I read that as Fall Guys X Postal 2 and I thought "Wait, WHY WOULD FALL GUYS WANT TO ACCOCIATE ITSELF W/ THE POSTAL FRANCHISE?!?!" Then I read that its a Portal 2 crossover and then I calmed down. Fun P-Body outfit.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I think Valve is pretty content on keeping their games pc only.

They are okay with the games being on other platforms but financially it just doesn't make that much sense to them. After the Xbox 360 and PS3 they also had some games on Xbox BC and like some one else mentioned all they had to say was that they were okay with it. Cost wise I doubt that they had to pay something to MS to have that work and more like something that MS did in order to keep on selling the game digitally to Xbox One users. Valve stuff was also on the Nvidia Shield and most likely that was something similar where Nvidia's (I think the team is called light something) were the ones that ported the game to Nvidia Shield devices and Valve didn't have to pay anything.

The other problem might have to do with quality control, Valve has used third party companies in the past for varies thing but I don't think they got good results when it came to the orange box and that's why Portal 2 was ported by themselves to consoles (I'm not sure if the Portal 2 or Orange box PS3 ports were the worst. Did Valve do a decent job on the port?)

If they wanted quality they could do it themselves but that would take away time from working on new stuff and they could hire a good third party to port the games but that would cost money and while they could make a decent amount of money unlike a lot of other companies, PC is BC so you can still buy their games and run it on old hardware.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Lots of Valve crossovers so far; I wonder if they will ever get around to cute Artifact skins:

artifact-2.0-roadmap.png
It seems like if there are more in the future (other than the ones that have already leaked) that they would be something from Half Life, Portal, and TF2. Which are the IPs that have been used for crossovers in the past. Maybe L4D but it's mainly horror games that do that.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, something to spend my crowns on. I considered Scout and Jacket, but I don't like how they resemble Funko Pops.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game really did itself a favor with a cute but basic character design that lends itself to all types of costumes. That can coast off that alone for a while.

Hope we get new levels before Xmas.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
The legendary skins look fantastic for the most part but wearing them right now feels sort of like a liability. As of this morning, only 2.4% of Steam players have the 7 win achievement (and only .4% have the 20 win achievement), which means only 2.4% of players or less have enough crowns to buy both pieces. That means wearing a set like this gets you singled out as other players rightfully know you are the guy to beat, or players just assume you are a hacker. I really like the Bulletkin costume but had to take it off, and probably will have to do the same with this after a few games.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish there was an option to buy the crossover costumes with real money or kudos. I've only ever won one game so far.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
these cross over skins are so cute but im too trash to get them, 13 hours and only 3 wins to my name. Meanwhile my brother has over 30 wins With just a few hours more than me šŸ˜”

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Dang why did I dump all my points on that T-Rex skin!?? Yesterday! Even the pants! The pants are nothing!

EDIT: Oh... crowns?!? Haha haha NVM

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm honestly surprised you can't buy crowns or at least convert kudos to crowns.

I'm never getting a Steam outfit!