• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Petohtalrayn

Nov 3, 2017
76 getting a decent boost too. And that game could easily see more and bigger expansions from this all.

To all the people dumping on them for not being the most efficient capitalists possible above all else creatively with new products... just goddamn lol really?

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved.

The Fallout series was so good it is fun watching the success domino's fall into place across all Fallout products.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
It's crazy when you think about how many people up top couldn't line up even a remake for this shows release.

It can't be they didn't think to do it.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Deserved. So happy the show was a success and that it's injecting life back into Fallout. It's always fun when everyone's playing it at the same time.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Bethesdas probably panicking that fallout 5 didn't go into development before the next elder scrolls
With the amount of hype a new TES will generate, I doubt it. Even if they'd started FO5 after Starfield, it wouldn't be releasing until 2028.

They might reconsider letting other studios work with the IP, however. A NV remaster seems like a no-brainer to pump out in tandem with Season 2.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Bethesda has capitalized on the show by doing... nothing?

Greenlighting the show in the first place (which took some serious courage)

Announcing a next Gen update for next week

Those are the only things I can see that they actively did. It is how most viral things work though. I am very happy with the show as It has reignited my passion for this universe. Currently working through Fallout 1 on PC. Playing through New Vegas on Series X with Fallout 4 waiting in the wings for the next gen update. Great time to be a Fallout fan.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I bought it for 5€ as well as the backlog can never be big enough...
Still wonder why they do not have a real media plan regarding Fallout (and Halo in that case).
Why even launch a (great) show if the next game is so many years away and not even announced yet?
That is just bad planning and missed opportunity.
It feels disjointed and like that nobody at MS really thinks about an across the board media strategy.

I mean, Sony made a Twisted Metal show after the series has been dead for a decade, and a new entry is just rumors.

They've had special events and gamepass perks for Fallout. For Halo, the shows spartan armor were weekly awards.

Like, even if they got to work on a game the moment the ink was on the contract for the show, there's no guarantee it would be ready in time. In-game bonus items for your live services make sense and they did do those. Maybe something tiny like Spartan Assault or Fallout Shelter... but that would not satisfy most people.

Like, good products, games and/or adaptations, should take priority over brand synergy here.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
A great show will boost the sales of even bad games. Time to do a crackdown movie!

Aug 23, 2018
Fallout hasn't yet peaked.

Also I thought Dring left twitter? Just saw that thread here the other day but wasn't following it

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
lmao, how were they going to capitalize?

CDPR also did nothing when TW launched and they only had TW3 on sale.
Shows are made in 2 years, games need 5 years or more.

And I would say with the surge in sales/popularity of the Fallout games so far, they've capitalized. Not everything is about instant gratification, folks.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Fallout hasn't yet peaked.

Also I thought Dring left twitter? Just saw that thread here the other day but wasn't following it

He stepped away from social media as a sort of check to see if he could, and Twitter assumed that Twitter had bullied him off. He wasn't quiting, just went on sabbatical for a few days.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
MS should give the IP to either Obsidian, Inixile, or any other studio. Waiting for ES6 to release is sorta insane, we are talking well over 15 years after Fallout 4 which is a even longer then when franchise was killed the first time after Fallout Tactics.

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
A shame the game is total garbage.

Play New Vegas you godless heathens.

I love New Vegas and think most people would probably enjoy it more as well

At some point you've gotta look at the all-time and recent user reviews (especially the recent ones in this context) on Steam both being very positive and realize your take isn't a common one. Fallout 4 was super popular and well received at launch, through its lifespan, and even now with what's probably the closest you get to a "second-opinion" with a fresh influx of players almost a decade later.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Helexzura/status/1780029722803450089?t=sEdcM71L3smiZKoTBQURRA&s=19

For real, I've avoided Fallout 4 for a long time, because I kept hearing left and right that it sucks, one day, by chance, I found a cheap used copy of it,

Ended up playing over 150 hours of it, even got into the settlement building mechanic

To each their own which is fine.

I put an ungodly amount of hours into 3 and NV and kind of struggled to finish my first playthrough of 4. The improved combat, graphics and crafting are nice and power armor is now amazing but thats kind of where my pros end.

Its not a bad video game at all, its good but it is a more shallow one than its predecessors which will always leave a bad taste in my mouth, personally.

Last edited:

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Come on Microsoft, Fallout 1 and 2 remakes that play like Wasteland 3. Do it.

I am surprised they didn't put inXile into making it after the Bethesda purchase was finalised.
But then I would've also cancelled The Outer Worlds 2 and had Obsidian make a new Fallout instead.
3 & NV remasters for release now, 1/2 remakes for 2026 and "New Vegas 2" for 2028 would've definitely filled the gap until Fallout 5 in 2032 or whenever.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I am surprised they didn't put inXile into making it after the Bethesda purchase was finalised.
But then I would've also cancelled The Outer Worlds 2 and had Obsidian make a new Fallout instead.
3 & NV remasters for release now, 1/2 remakes for 2026 and "New Vegas 2" for 2028 would've definitely filled the gap until Fallout 5 in 2032 or whenever.
Yeah, Inxile would have been perfect for a new iso Fallout. God, what could have been between Obsidian on a new Fallout and Inxile on this hypothetical.

"Aww...but we wanted to make a steampunk game.."

"No, I don't think so, buddy."

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Fallout 4 is a pretty good game. It does dumb some things down, the main story is bad, Railroad stuff hamfisted (feels weird invoking a real anti-slavery movement for your dumb robot story!), and yeah, it's not as good as New Vegas. But that shouldn't be held against it, there are like four RPGs in the entire history of gaming that are better than New Vegas.

World is great, side stories usually interesting, combat is Bethesda's best (not to damn with faint praise), Far Harbour perfect, Nick Valentine maybe the GOAT Fallout companion, genuinely enjoy the base building stuff, have spent way too much time modifying weapons and Power Armour. Solidly middle of the pack as far as Bethesda games go, way better than Starfield, way worse than Morrowind, about on par with Oblivion.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, it's a good TV show, a great adaptation that adds to the lore of the saga and introduces people to an interesting universe that is faithfully captured and links directly to the games.

So basically the absolute opposite of the Halo TV show.

Right? funny how shining the best light on your franchise drives interest in the franchise. Who woulda thunk it?

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
F4 is a 9/10 game as long as you don't play the main story. Play survival, install alternate start mod and just explore and try to stay alive and it's amazing.