• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are a few issues cropping up here. Fallout 1st players are finding that a "newly created" world they might be heading into is not actually new at all. Players are reporting dead NPCs and looted areas when they get there, implying that these are not actually new instances, but instead re-used old instances masquerading as brand new private worlds.

If you were looking forward to the unlimited storage of scrap in Fallout 76 with the new Scrap Box perk of Fallout 1st, you definitely don't want to be using it just yet.

Multiple players are reporting that they have deposited hundreds of units of scrap in these new boxes, only to find that the box has eaten it. The scrap disappears from the instance, and can't be found again from re-logging or anything. It's just gone. Players are not amused at the fact that they have now paid for the privilege of losing all of their materials, and so far, there does not seem to be any way to recover any of this. So do not use these boxes until there's a clear fix for this. Not that more than like, two of you reading this are going to subscribe to Fallout 1st, but still.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
How does Bethesda keep fucking up on such a fundamental level with this game, over and over and over again?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are a few issues cropping up here. Fallout 1st players are finding that a "newly created" world they might be heading into is not actually new at all. Players are reporting dead NPCs and looted areas when they get there, implying that these are not actually new instances, but instead re-used old instances masquerading as brand new private worlds.

If you were looking forward to the unlimited storage of scrap in Fallout 76 with the new Scrap Box perk of Fallout 1st, you definitely don't want to be using it just yet.

Multiple players are reporting that they have deposited hundreds of units of scrap in these new boxes, only to find that the box has eaten it. The scrap disappears from the instance, and can't be found again from re-logging or anything. It's just gone. Players are not amused at the fact that they have now paid for the privilege of losing all of their materials, and so far, there does not seem to be any way to recover any of this. So do not use these boxes until there's a clear fix for this. Not that more than like, two of you reading this are going to subscribe to Fallout 1st, but still.

Yeah, uh, hmm...that's something.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
tenor.gif

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazes me that people would admit to spending $100 on this shower of shit, but there you are.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The servers are so dead that they could probably sell their existing product as "private worlds" and no one would be able to tell the difference.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that is kind of expected honestly. Anyone that still plays the game should know not to do anything after a new feature or patch releases, there are always some horrible bugs going around. There is a guy on Reddit that complies a list of bugs since beta for the devs to see and fix and almost none of them ever do.

May 18, 2018
Ah so what the meant by private was, "a world that's been looted but with just your friends". Worth every penny imo tbh
ETA: Holup
The "private" aspect is up for debate too. Players with big friends lists, ie. merchants who sell players goods in the game, are finding that they can't prevent people from joining their private servers where they just want to relax and play by themselves or with a few friends. Without some sort of "invisible" mode, other players can see your instance and join it.

Oct 25, 2017
Should have called it Bottomless Box like in Dark Souls

Because the box has no bottom, the items just keep dropping and you can't reach in to get them back

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
So much about this game makes me sad but the real kicker is I think they created a pretty awesome world to explore and it's going to waste with such a mess of a game.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
The servers are so dead that they could probably sell their existing product as "private worlds" and no one would be able to tell the difference.
I has already figured that this is what they were doing. None of that "dedicated hardware" people were going on about in that other thread.

If the instance is entirely dependent on the single user paying for it, they might as well just spin up instances from their existing infrastructure.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Well, this just seals it. I had a hunch that this was pushed to try to overshadow The Outer Worlds release. And with gamebreaking bugs (oh wait "features") like this, it's clear that they pushed this out without any QA.

I'm sorry (not sorry), but

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do they fuck up something as seemingly simple as a fresh server instance? When they're selling it as a premium feature?

I barely played 2 hours of Fallout 76 but it's gonna make me wary of buying Bethesda games for years.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is reviewers will still give the mainline Fallout and Elder Scrolls a pass when they'll undoubtedly be full of bugs and stupid monetization and the games will still sell like hotcakes.

New Vegas and Morrowind are the only games I've enjoyed in those franchises and that was still with plenty of mods on PC.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Are they still planning to add human NPCs and a bevy of related quests at some point? That will be fun to watch when it hits. They can't even get simple stuff right, a major overhaul is going to be like nothing ever seen before.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember the people in the last thread defending this as though it would work?

Good times.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
imagine paying $100 for this and having it not even work right

i assumed there was gonna be a testing period or something but i should have known better