• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it."

We could have known this has been their company motto by years.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Is "We aren't planning on doing anything about it" going to be this month's "Don't you guys have phones?".

Bethesda is handling this whole thing horrendously. I'm glad I haven't bought any of their games since Fallout 3.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DtGItMNXoAEgitk.jpg

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/fal...-bag-baited-and-switched-false-advertisement/

Thanks BAN PUNCHER for posting this in PC thread.

Bethesda Gear Store Support - North America spent 1 point on Charisma and intelligence level when creating their account.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it" is the quintessential Bethesda quote

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Our games have unfixed bugs after the community has fixed them, we aren't planning on doing anything about it.
It now all makes sense.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
The number of times Failout 76 keeps getting brought up in a negative way is literally blocking my mind from thinking of any other bad launches and controversies.

This has to be the fuck up of the year.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Too expensive? What the fuck? Destiny 2 had a $100 collectors that also came with a bag which wasn't Nylon but pretty well made, and you can't even make one for $200? Bethesda you've fucked up hard.
Destiny 2 CE was $250, it's only $100 now because they made way too many and nobody was buying them.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
That reminds me that I still have my GTA IV duffle bag and still used it (For my comics) The quality of the bag is fantastic and it's held up even to this day.

10dckqt.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the response is not fake, probaby it was written by someone who doesnt speak English as their first language, it's just too blunt.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
"We aren't planning on doing anything about it." is like, accurate, so fair play there. But there's GOTTA be a better way to phrase it.
Whoever wrote that couldn't have done worse without being insulting. It's almost like it was designed to attract negative viral attention to this.

Lmao
The guy can easily seek legal recourse in this
Yep. This is like the time when EA promised Battlefield 1942 as a bonus for people who bought some new Battlefield game and then tried to wheedle their way out of it. Bethesda absolutely are going to end up supplying the bags that they promised (or some acceptably close substitute), it's just a matter of how long (and how much legal force) it takes them to accept that.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Spectacular. At night I find myself weeping into my pillow while rocking back and forth praying to all that is holy and unholy that the next Elder Scrolls game will be fine.

Edit: I'm still waiting on my cloth map from Skyrim.

Nov 23, 2017
This support person is a stone cold killer. Hahaha, amazing. That person will definitely get fired though. Bethesda though, geez. How low can they go?

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a company that specializes in false advertising this is the kind of response expected.

But again I'm finding it really hard to sympathize with people here. Ya'll bought a $200 edition of a game that had a 99.999% chance of being pure garbage.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
okay, I normally don't react sharply to news but this is... I don't want to call it a scam, but it's still extremely dishonest.

For real, what the hell?

And when they go on stage, they love to say that their products, and anything they do, are the best in the industry.
They love to pat themselves on the back a lot, and that's okay if they deliver. This is the opposite of that.

Last edited: