• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Glad I skipped out on this game. This is a damn awful mess. Other than DOOM and Rage 2, I'll be avoiding any future games from them.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Lol "here's 5 bucks."

They're just not doing anything right with this game are they.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dont you have to agree that by accepting those coins that you wont participate? Other wise wouldnt they just deposit 500 atoms in everyones account and say no one can be part of the class action because they have all been compensated?

keep in mind that customers have to contact bethesda support in order to get those atoms so there you go.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Took me longer that I thought, but here you go.

oh my gooooddddd

FatNewIchneumonfly.webp

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
wait, so they're giving out digital currency (which literally is valued at ZERO) in compensation for a physical bag that was in people's $200 order? aaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhhahhh

what the hell would people do with virtual currency?! they can earn those easily in the game, ffs.

They're not just giving out digital currency, they're giving out an insultingly small amount of it!

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Bethesda, wat are u doin!? It's like they don't give a fuck anymore. I'm actually worried about Doom Eternal now. Hope they don't pull shit like this!

Oct 25, 2017
This has been a long time coming for Bethesda internal studios. Their quality control has been dog shit for a LONG time and they have managed to get a pass. Not any more.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is all so crazy. Bethesda seems just out to lunch. So many years of getting a pass has made them thing they can do anything and get away with it.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
Has any other game provided this much entertainment without having to actually play it..

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
No Mans Sky had some technical issues on top of the billions of lies but I don't recall the technical issues being as bad as Fallout 76.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
No Mans Sky had some technical issues on top of the billions of lies but I don't recall the technical issues being as bad as Fallout 76.
NMS was at least a fully playable game at launch, at least on PS4. If 76 somehow had no bugs at launch it would still be garbage compared to NMS. And there's no way that 76 will get the kind of love and support after launch like NMS has. Sad considering Fallout probably has at least 20x the staff.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
wait, so they're giving out digital currency (which literally is valued at ZERO) in compensation for a physical bag that was in people's $200 order? aaaaaaaahahahahahahhaahhhahhh

what the hell would people do with virtual currency?! they can earn those easily in the game, ffs.

The only people that would even buy this edition of the game are the mega fan whales customers. They can get away with it.

But everyone else will remember this shit next time. Bethesda has had this all coming for a while and they kept getting a pass for shit quality.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
I didn't want to post because honestly this is just too funny and soo wrong.
we don't plan on doing anything is just gold.

But offering 500 in game money that can't even get you a proper bag in the game is just horrendous.

As others have said this is the result of them not being held accountable for their previous bullshits, and biased fans will still create excuses for them, journalist will give them passes also argue semantics, and finally people will still buy their games because it's better with friends.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017

Has this been posted yet?

Jim makes a great point that Bethesda is trying to profit off this fuck up. By giving away 500 atoms--which cost Bethesda almost nothing in comparison to the profit they made off selling those $200 collector editions--Bethesda is trying to entice users to buy into Fallout 76's mtx economy.

Jun 26, 2018
Jim makes a great point that Bethesda is trying to profit off this fuck up. By giving away 500 atoms--which cost Bethesda almost nothing in comparison to the profit they made off selling those $200 collector editions--Bethesda is trying to entice users to buy into Fallout 76's mtx economy.
And possible giving up their right to sue.

It really is a slam dunk of PR move, I feel like someone at Bethesda most fist-bumbed someone after the tweet was posted.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Fuck Bethesda for this whole mess but yeesh! Those conspiracy theories are just as laughable.