• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
...and it is accessible in-game. Oops.

Bethesda has responded by, you guessed it, banning players who go in the room, rather than making the room inaccessible.

This developer room contains plans for every item in the game, including top-tier weapons and unreleased goodies which are supposed to arrive in upcoming updates. Oh, and there's an NPC in there sat all by itself. That's got to be the holy grail for game glitchers.

Reports of this room's existence began to surface on Reddit about four days ago, but some of my sources have told me it has been known about on Discord servers for several weeks. A video showing the room was posted on YouTube - although the original by "Mr. X" has since been removed. You can take a peep at a reupload here:

From looking at the video and player accounts, Fallout 76's dev room (which is technically a series of rooms) appears somewhat similar to the one found in Fallout 4, and appears to have several personalised areas with containers filled with every item in the game. A box called "All Scrap" contains plans for as-yet unreleased items, including power armour paints such as Winterized, Military and Atom Cats. Players suspect these are due to be officially released in the upcoming PvP factions update.

jpg

Yet if you're hoping to explore the room for yourself, you may want to think twice before attempting the procedure. Several sources told me Bethesda is now issuing automatic account suspensions for those who enter the room. Players are reportedly being informed of the bans via email, and take anywhere from six to 24 hours to be issued. (Eurogamer has contacted Bethesda for confirmation as to whether it is suspending accounts for entering the developer room.)

jpg

Source:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ret-developer-room-which-contains-a-human-npc

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao! I love that email!

"We have no idea how you people are doing this, so tell us, or this account will be permanently suspended. Thanks!"

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should give out degrees after all the essays you'll have to write to get your shit unbanned with every new exploit.

Edit: and yes I know that an essay was not required last time either. Chill.

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'We messed up and are now taking your character hostage until you tell us how we messed up.'

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I'd assume "Wooby" is referring to the character as a Woobie. Being a sad and lonely sole non playable character in a multiplayer game.

Regardless, i'm not particularly excited to see the countless clickbait Youtube videos about how Todd Howard personally left this room in the game by mistake, and that you should personally find his house and burn it down as "punishment".
That support E-Mail is most likely already the first thing on those channel's list. Because it's not like we already had a misunderstanding of one of those or anything!

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Has there been another AAA game even close to this fucked up, ever? I can't even think of something else in the "well, it's not technically shovelware"-tier. This game will be legend for decades.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd assume "Wooby" is referring to the character as a Woobie. Being a sad and lonely sole non playable character in a multiplayer game.

Regardless, i'm not particularly excited to see the countless clickbait Youtube videos about how Todd Howard personally left this room in the game by mistake, and that you should personally find his house and burn it down as "punishment".
That support E-Mail is most likely already the first thing on those channel's list. Because it's not like we already had a misunderstanding of one of those or anything!

"We're banning your account until you tell us how you did this glitch" is a little uhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's gonna get some hate.

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Newfound respect for every other multiplayer dev after seeing how bad it can be botched. Bethesda just stick to doing singleplayer.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
The video in the OP having a Outer Worlds trailer at the end of it is *chefs kiss*.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
You know, I didn't really have a problem with Fallout 76.

Zenimax (Bethesda) has, what, 5 or 6 studios? Their recent run of games has been Prey (2), Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein 2, and The Evil Within 2.. and that's it, right? And they've all done well to super well critically, but been lukewarm commercially. And the next thing on the horizon for them as a publisher is... DOOM (2)? Rage 2?

It's understandable that they might've looked at that and gotten a bit apprehensive. And it's understandable that after that they might've realized they didn't have a holiday 2018 release across any of their studios and gotten worried. So I'm fine with them taking a "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" approach to getting a new and experimental game (or even mod-plus) out during peak buying season in the face of their recent history and future output. They even messaged it right, mostly.

Todd Howard got on stage at E3 and said outright that they didn't know if this was going to work at all. Their beta was called "Break Everything Try Anything", or whatever it was. I can't fault him for not saying "This is probably going to blow" when you're both accountable to shareholders and in charge of teams of people who are legitimately working their asses off on a project they want to make as good as humanly possible.

But c'mon man.

This should've been free to play, and not only is it not, but every opportunity they have to handle something, they handle it in the absolute worst way possible.

C'mon, man.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
This is why I'm losing faith in Bethesda. It's one thing to make a bad game, but at this point they have constructed a pipeline to just dump gasoline on this dumpster fire.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Nothing stops this shitshow.

Also lol@that email. Help us fix our shit or your character in our terrible game is dead!

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
You know, I didn't really have a problem with Fallout 76.

Zenimax (Bethesda) has, what, 5 or 6 studios? Their recent run of games has been Prey (2), Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein 2, and The Evil Within 2.. and that's it, right? And they've all done well to super well critically, but been lukewarm commercially. And the next thing on the horizon for them as a publisher is... DOOM (2)? Rage 2?

It's understandable that they might've looked at that and gotten a bit apprehensive. And it's understandable that after that they might've realized they didn't have a holiday 2018 release across any of their studios and gotten worried. So I'm fine with them taking a "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" approach to getting a new and experimental game (or even mod-plus) out during peak buying season in the face of their recent history and future output. They even messaged it right, mostly.

Todd Howard got on stage at E3 and said outright that they didn't know if this was going to work at all. Their beta was called "Break Everything Try Anything", or whatever it was. I can't fault him for not saying "This is probably going to blow" when you're both accountable to shareholders and in charge of teams of people who are legitimately working their asses off on a project they want to make as good as humanly possible.

But c'mon man.

This should've been free to play, and not only is it not, but every opportunity they have to handle something, they handle it in the absolute worst way possible.

C'mon, man.
Thing is, they had a moneymaker to reach for if they wanted. A Bethesda RPG or lending out fallout to another dev to crank out a title quickly like new vegas.

Instead they tried to jump on the live service trend for those sweet, sweet microtransactions and they did it half assed too.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Todd Howard holding you hostage meme comes to mind

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Thing is, they had a moneymaker to reach for if they wanted. A Bethesda RPG or lending out fallout to another dev to crank out a title quickly like new vegas.

Instead they tried to jump on the live service trend for those sweet, sweet microtransactions and they did it half assed too.
You're right, except I truly don't think that they had that sort of turnaround available for this game. I think 18 months before its release, management saw that 1) sales figures weren't hitting expectations for any of their titles, and 2) they didn't have a release for holiday 2018. So, Todd Howard drew the short straw and got drafted into -- or volunteered for -- taking a hacksaw and duct tape to Fallout 4 and trying to make something serviceable to fill the gap.

I saw somewhere, maybe E3, him saying that this was the biggest team they've ever had for a Fallout and that it incorporated people across all of Bethesda's studios, and I believe it, because I wouldn't be surprised if they reassigned anyone and everyone who had a free two or three hours to go do something for Fallout 76. The whole thing's just a big mish-mosh mod+ that they took an outside shot on and, now that it's released and judging by the way they're handling it, not too many people there are really invested in it.

The upside is, Starfield's still gonna be great.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
You're right, except I truly don't think that they had that sort of turnaround available for this game. I think 18 months before its release, management saw that 1) sales figures weren't hitting expectations for any of their titles, and 2) they didn't have a release for holiday 2018.

I saw somewhere, maybe E3, Todd Howard saying that this was the biggest team they've ever had for a Fallout and that it incorporated people across all of Bethesda's studios, and I believe it, because I wouldn't be surprised if they reassigned anyone and everyone who had a free two or three hours to go do something for Fallout 76. The whole thing's just a mishmosh that they took an outside shot on and, now that it's released and judging by the way they're handling it, not too many people there truly care about.
You're probably right, now I think about it. It was such a boneheaded decision to take a Dev known for and developing single player games and then tell them to make one of the most challenging types of multiplayer.

I always thought them being private guarded against decisions such as this but the moneymen probably freaked like you said.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title should start: "Bethesda banning accounts that access..."

Also, holy fuck I will actively avoid their games until they apologize for every single facet of Fallout 76's existence. (Not entirely sarcastic.)

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
Thread title should start: "Bethesda banning accounts that access..."

Also, holy fuck I will actively avoid their games until they apologize for every single facet of Fallout 76's existence. (Not entirely sarcastic.)

I always loved BGS titles despite their flaws. I even liked fallout 4 more than most, but yeah, I won't buy another game of them again without a big apology tour for this shitshow. It's not even about the game itself (bad games and rushed releases can happen to everyone) but everything surrounding it.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
How many people even play this game anymore? Amazingly poor job on the parts of bgs. I wonder if they'll try to fix this mess or just execute it unceremoniusly out in the back at some point.
This is one for the history books folks!