• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Is Bethesda running around taking down these videos? People never learn. Once it's on internet, it's there forever.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Man this is Cyberpunk level of corporate corruption/fascism, banning customers for entering a virtual room inside a game they bought, LOL.

GAAS was a mistake, so was Bethesda buying Fallout, I could only imagine how different things would've been if the franchise remained with Obsidian, oh well.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to believe that Fallout 76 isn't actually a game but a comprehensive guide on what future developers should never do in regards to a release.

Content, programming, PR, everything you shouldn't do is right here!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'm beginning to think they're doing this on purpose so the game is still in the news hahah.

When will this stop?

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Wait.

Am I reading this right, Bethsada is banning people so they can find out how to fix this bug?

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Lmao! I love that email!

"We have no idea how you people are doing this, so tell us, or this account will be permanently suspended. Thanks!"
As Jim Sterling said: The game that keeps on taking.

Fallout 76: Corrupion.

This game is impressive for all the wrong reasons.
This is my favorite game I've never played. Every new piece of news is an adventure.
Exactly.

Last edited:

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Great job Bethesda ban the few people left playing your broken game instead of fixing it.

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
It's like Bethesda is actively and purposefully partaking in the parody of their game at this point. With as much praise and reverence their company still gets and has with people that defend them I just can't believe they are this tone-deaf and incompetent.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The most remarkable thing about this is that they were actually smart enough to be capable of working out who has been in there.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see what's wrong with Bethesda trying to stop people from accessing features that could make the multiplayer experience unbalanced, but apparently this is actually called a "dystopian hostage taking" action.

Edit: also, it's fascist? Lol.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is insane!!!!! I wouldn't believe it was real except for that fact it's yet another Fallout 76 goof. That email is ridiculous.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see what's wrong with Bethesda trying to stop people from accessing features that could make the multiplayer experience unbalanced, but apparently this is actually called a "dystopian hostage taking" action.

Edit: also, it's fascist? Lol.

In this case Bethsada is banning people who access the dev room and asking them how they accessed it, instead of patching out the room itself from the game entirely.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
But what if these characters are actually being corrupted? If Bethesda let them loose they could infect other players, enemy NPCs, and pretty soon the whole game world would be like a dark corrupted bizarro universe. The only choice left would be to quarantine Bethesda Game Studios like the radioactive zone in Stalker lest the inexorable corruption spread into global defense systems and the inter-planetary cybernet neural-network matrix.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
So basically: "We have no idea how you people are doing stuff in OUR game so you better tell us. OR ELSE..."

I mean incompetent much??

On the other side I shouldn't really be surprised lmao

Pathetic.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In this case Bethsada is banning people who access the dev room and asking them how they accessed it, instead of patching out the room itself from the game entirely.
I think it's pretty reasonable to suppose there being a good reason for them to proceed this way. And the people who entered the room deserve getting banned anyway, so it's cool that they can be unbanned by cooperating.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty reasonable to suppose there being a good reason for them to proceed this way. And the people who entered the room deserve getting banned anyway, so it's cool that they can be unbanned by cooperating.

Why is accessing an area that, through the fault of the developer, is accessible a bannable offence (unless you're willing to do their job for them)?

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't play this game, but the stories are so entertaining. I'm not talking about Eve Online this time either.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When Fallout 76 was launched, it was an absolute mess but I thought I'd reconsider it again 12 months down the line after some good updates and decent releases.

It looks like now though I'm not sure it isn't worth Bethesda just throwing in the towel on it. This game has such a reputation behind it and Bethesda just continously make it worse.
Who would seriously consider buying it now?

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017

Bethsada are waaaaaaaaay past the point of being given the benefit of the doubt of anything when it comes to Fallout 76.

Heck this room is nothing compared to the damage boosting glitches that let people one shot the endgame boss.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bethsada are waaaaaaaaay past the point of being given the benefit of the doubt of anything when it comes to Fallout 76.

Heck this room is nothing compared to the damage boosting glitches that let people one shot the endgame boss.
I suppose they created Fallout 76 and are trying to build it up simply to spite people, then?

Oct 27, 2017
lol they're saying the character file gets "corrupted" by visiting this place? As if it wasn't a ban, but a technical neccessity to delete it?

I generally don't speculate on the inner workings on a game because you never know what limitations led to what. But that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. They're probably calling it corrupted in place of saying "you picked up some stuff we didn't intend for you to have and maybe wanted to sell later on".

BobZhn

Nov 17, 2017
SE Asia
Awesome find. I stumbled into a similar room in Else Heart Break a few years ago.

You go Bethesda, this game is making entertainment headlines alright.

Mar 18, 2018
So, basically.

We don't know how you did it and until you tell us, we will keep your account suspended xD.

They don't have any dignity, do they? Horrible people, horrible.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose they created Fallout 76 and are trying to build it up simply to spite people, then?

Well they've been doing an excellent job at that so far. :)

Under normal circumstances I fully agree with you especially given this is an online game, but I also see the futility in some other things as well, like why use cheatengine for invincibility, when the game gives out the invincibility glitch like candy, this is the type of comedy we're watching at the moment where the glitches that anyone can do accidentally are superceding the actual cheats.