• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
"You have two options, be our game tester and report this bug, or be permanently banned. I hope you make the right decision."
In reality, it's "You have two options, tell us how you hacked your way into this restricted area using a banned third party app or be permanently banned. I hope you make the right decision."
This game continues to be impressively bad both on the bug front and the response from developers.
What is wrong about the developers banning people who are using illicit means to gain access to developer only areas?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In reality, it's "You have two options, tell us how you hacked your way into this restricted area using a banned third party app or be permanently banned. I hope you make the right decision."

What is wrong about the developers banning people who are using illicit means to gain access to developer only areas?
IIRC Blizzard wasn't banning people for glitching into old Ironforge, but I could be remembering wrong.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
How many of you have ever played an MMO before? Players got banned for breaking into WoW's GM Island and wall breaking in other games.

I know we all love a good witch hunt but this is not a new concept in MMOs. Break the boundaries of the map and you risk getting in trouble.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many of you have ever played an MMO before? Players got banned for breaking into WoW's GM Island and wall breaking in other games.

I know we all love a good witch hunt but this is not a new concept in MMOs. Break the boundaries of the map and you risk getting in trouble.

The difference being that neither Blizzard or other devs hold your account hostage until you tell them how you got there.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Just wanted to reiterate, as Kin5290 says and as I put in my article, the methods being used here are definitely illicit. One of my sources (who's been in the room) confirmed the process does not involve regular terrain glitching - and you have to go out of your way to get in. Consensus on the cheat forums is that you need to use Cheat Engine.

CE is definitely against Bethesda's TOS, so the developer is absolutely within its rights to suspend/ban accounts that try to deliberately enter the room.

I guess then that the reason why Bethesda is asking people to say how they got in is that if anyone claims they did it without using cheat engine or any other kind of hack, and Bethesda is able to reproduce the glitch, than that user doesn't deserve the suspension and would have their character/account reinstated.

Yeah, as much of a shit show this game is, this thread is being derailed with misinformation...

Same as the previous F76 thread.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine buying a game and finding cheats to find the beta maps and getting banned over it. Fuck Bethesda, jesus christ.

the dev rooms in BGS games give players access to large quantities of every item in the game. it's pretty understandable to see why that would catch a ban, although i guess better measures should have been taken to prevent access

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been another AAA game even close to this fucked up, ever? I can't even think of something else in the "well, it's not technically shovelware"-tier. This game will be legend for decades.
Sonic 06. And while that of course wasn't the game's actual title, another _6 becomes a disaster!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Our game is so buggy that we cant even know how you visited a location that shouldn't be accessible (despite our previous game having the same "issue")

This game is a complete shitshow, I got Skyrim VR and I feel bad for giving my money to them...

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
As far as I can tell, what happened is that cheaters used teleportation via Cheat Engine to get to the room, which is why Bethesda banned them. The exact methods are difficult to find because it seems like Bethesda is trying to stop discussion about the dev room on the F76 Reddit but if this was the case then the bans make more sense. At least more than just banning random people for accessing said room.

But, to also be fair to the banned folks, its also idiotic to leave such a room on a multiplayer game. Bethesda probably included it like in Fallout 4 and forgot it was there thanks to all the shitshow that followed the game"s launch

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

No, Blizzard has never banned people for glitching into Old Ironforge, behind Stormwind, GM Island or really anywhere that was not intended via natural means, only if using actual 3rd party exploits. The only time Blizzard has ever banned people due to glitches is excessive use of things like farming for gold or items that would actually ruin the economy. Because they actually have an economy, unlike 76 which with natural duping people seem to think will affect some mysterious economy this game has.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, Blizzard has never banned people for glitching into Old Ironforge, behind Stormwind, GM Island or really anywhere that was not intended via natural means, only if using actual 3rd party exploits. The only time Blizzard has ever banned people due to glitches is excessive use of things like farming for gold or items that would actually ruin the economy. Because they actually have an economy, unlike 76 which with natural duping people seem to think will affect some mysterious economy this game has.
There's a lot that can go wrong by using this room. You might break certain questlines for yourself and then log bugs that support can't reasonably deal with. You could grab tonnes of stuff and grief other players in PVP. You could get things that help you earn Atoms (the item shop currency) at an abnormally fast rate. The list goes on. It's in everyone's best interest that this exploit is sealed off so that only BGS QA and devs can access it. Normally I'd say this kind of room shouldn't exist at all but it implies that BGS probably didn't have the tools/time to implement a safer cheat setup for their QA and devs who need it.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As far as I can tell, what happened is that cheaters used teleportation via Cheat Engine to get to the room, which is why Bethesda banned them. The exact methods are difficult to find because it seems like Bethesda is trying to stop discussion about the dev room on the F76 Reddit but if this was the case then the bans make more sense. At least more than just banning random people for accessing said room.

But, to also be fair to the banned folks, its also idiotic to leave such a room on a multiplayer game. Bethesda probably included it like in Fallout 4 and forgot it was there thanks to all the shitshow that followed the game"s launch

If they're doing this to get in there then that's fair enough to ban them. If they're banning because of people taking advantage of the production code then that's bullshit.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's a lot that can go wrong by using this room. You might break certain questlines for yourself and then log bugs that support can't reasonably deal with. You could grab tonnes of stuff and grief other players in PVP. You could get things that help you earn Atoms (the item shop currency) at an abnormally fast rate. The list goes on. It's in everyone's best interest that this exploit is sealed off so that only BGS QA and devs can access it. Normally I'd say this kind of room shouldn't exist at all but it implies that BGS probably didn't have the tools/time to implement a safer cheat setup for their QA and devs who need it.
Oh they most likely did have a safer way, I mean the fact that it runs off the same engine code as FO4 means you could very easily open the console to game asset importing but that would need to be sealed in similar fashion to other MMO commands. I'd also have thought they would seal that sort of stuff off once shipped and use an internal local build for dev sandboxing but hey there is a lot of things I'd thought they'd do here.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Single player fans should be happy. Fallout 76 very possibly single handedly changed multiplayer plans for Starfield and ES6. If they have it at all, I'd almost guarantee something closer to Dark Souls as opposed to GTAV. Coop/Arena/Invasions.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Fallout 76, god bless you. You will forever be a lesson of what not to do in any segment of game development.
Single player fans should be happy. Fallout 76 very possibly single handedly changed multiplayer plans for Starfield and ES6. If they have it at all, I'd almost guarantee something closer to Dark Souls as opposed to GTAV. Coop/Arena/Invasions.
and it's funny, because I'm a singeplayer guy who will always advocate for more singleplayer titles, but Bethesda wouldn't be going through so much shit if their pipeline wasn't absolute trash. You can tell the problem stems from there directly. No matter how many games they put out from now onwards developed by Bethesda internally, if they don't shake things up, all of their games will be met with the same reception

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I was watching the dev room on YouTube and my gf asked if this is a new game cause it looks the same as New Vegas.

Could not deny

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been another AAA game even close to this fucked up, ever? I can't even think of something else in the "well, it's not technically shovelware"-tier. This game will be legend for decades.
How quickly we forget

272654-aliens-colonial-marines-limited-edition-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
What happened over there? Is there new management or a new ceo or anything that can explain all this crazy?

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What happened over there? Is there new management or a new ceo or anything that can explain all this crazy?
they stopped caring and just wanted easy money through gaas and microtransactions

and we kind of asked for this

She should use Google ''how to glitch into dev room fallout 76''😂
it's not yet available because people are making a lot of money out of this by just selling virtual items got through this room

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side, this all but confirms that .hack can never happen in real life. You can't just "go into" an inaccessible part of the game, gain some ub3r h4x and get away with it.