• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Yeah, I think we should treat Wastelanders as a new OT type of DLC.
You're right, this is probably Bethesda's biggest expansion for a Fallout game ever. Arguably bigger than Far Harbor in scope, so it warrants its own OT. It's also sort of a comeback for this game.

I will make a short but sweet OT. Should be up tonight in preparation for tomorrow morning, since I will probably be asleep.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 76 is a horribly made game, but I really like it Bethesda games for the explorable world, and this is easily the biggest one of those, which is why I liked it so much

Hopefully wastelanders changes the game enough to make me happy to play it again. Game was always super chill, was nice to go to after a days work

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I really hope the Wastelanders launch is smoother than the base game.
But they did run a pretty long test phase from what I've heard so I'm optimistic.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Also, what are some general tips for character building? I assume perks that deal with food and water are useful early but become obsolete later on?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Was thinking of grabbing a cheap key for this on CDKeys so I can get the steam version. I have never played it, but have played Fallpout 4 and I really like the atmosphere and music in the games. You have two weeks after launch to get the steam upgrade so I guess I can wait and se how the game shapes up.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Was thinking of grabbing a cheap key for this on CDKeys so I can get the steam version. I have never played it, but have played Fallpout 4 and I really like the atmosphere and music in the games. You have two weeks after launch to get the steam upgrade so I guess I can wait and se how the game shapes up.
You can't get the Steam version anymore if you like the Bethesda.net version. This ended on April 12:
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Fallout 76 :: Fallout 76 – Special Steam Offers

When Fallout 76’s Wastelanders expansion launches on April 14, the entire game (including Wastelanders) will also be launching on Steam. Of course, many of our PC fans who have played the game through the Bethesda.net Launcher would also like to have the option to play on Steam, so we have a...

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You can't get the Steam version anymore if you like the Bethesda.net version. This ended on April 12:
steamcommunity.com

When Fallout 76’s Wastelanders expansion launches on April 14, the entire game (including Wastelanders) will also be launching on Steam. Of course, many of our PC fans who have played the game through the Bethesda.net Launcher would also like to have the option to play on Steam, so we have a...

Ah okay, thats that then!

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017

steamcommunity.com

not true, they just extended it today:

twitter.com

Fallout on Twitter

“If you missed the opportunity to link your Steam account to your https://t.co/qlZABxRBuC account, don't worry! We're extending the window to April 28. Link your account today to get your free Steam copy of #Fallout76 by the end of the month. https://t.co/dio8XutnfL https://t.co/yS3AXAuu8L”

XRayRegime

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Fallout on Twitter

“If you missed the opportunity to link your Steam account to your https://t.co/qlZABxRBuC account, don't worry! We're extending the window to April 28. Link your account today to get your free Steam copy of #Fallout76 by the end of the month. https://t.co/dio8XutnfL https://t.co/yS3AXAuu8L”

Nice. I uninstalled and reinstalled on steam since it was the only reason I had the bethesda launcher.

I've been playing for a few hours and it's crazy how there have been no issues with the new content so far. Really smooth release.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Wastelanders Update Highlights
  • People Are Back!: Whether in search of rumored fortune, or mere survival, people have returned to Appalachia in droves. Get to know them through the new dialogue system.
  • New Main Story: Experience the new story that Wastelanders brings to Fallout 76 by completing all-new main quests.
  • Meet the Factions: Who will you side with: The Raiders at Crater, or the Settlers at Foundation? Aid them in their endeavors to earn Reputation and unlock new items.
  • Recruit an Ally: Certain NPCs can come to live in your C.A.M.P., help defend it, and offer you daily quests. Some also bring story quests and romance opportunities.
  • More Events and Dailies: Take on challenging new events, like Riding Shotgun and Radiation Rumble. There are also four new daily quests to explore.
  • New Items and Enemies: Hunt down the monstrous Wendigo Colossus or a pack of Floaters, but don't forget to pack your new Gauss Minigun!
  • New and Updated Locations: New arrivals in Appalachia are certainly making their mark on the world. Discover new and updated locations as you quest and explore.
Allies
Another exciting addition to Wastelanders, Allies are NPCs you will encounter in the world who can move into your C.A.M.P., help protect it, and keep you company.

• Allies also provide adventuring opportunities through daily quests they offer.
  • Two of the Allies are unique. Both have a mini-quest line, romance opportunities, and offer the chance to really get to know some interesting characters.
  • Once you reach level 10, strike out to the Ash Heap or the Mire in order to meet them!
  • Learn more by reading our article about Allies in Wastelanders.

...uhhh... so apparently there are "romance opportunities"? How's that gonna work in an online game lol?

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
so will everybody's waifu/husubando look different?? hmmm.... Will people re-roll for a better companion?

This polygon article says they all look the same today, but a future update will let you change what they're wearing?

Companions are here, but a future update will make them customizable paper dolls that can be dressed up and changed to look unique from CAMP to CAMP.

www.polygon.com

I thought I was out of Fallout 76 — and Wastelanders pulled me back in

It’s not a perfect RPG, but it does set a new standard

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Was playing and theres a random npc in my camp just hanging out. Is this normal? Did it randomly spawn within my fenced off area? Its going inside my house even which is supposed to be locked and using the work benches lol.

She seemed to be hanging out with a camp fire which was never there before and is just there? Is this just a glitched spawn?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Was playing and theres a random npc in my camp just hanging out. Is this normal? Did it randomly spawn within my fenced off area? Its going inside my house even which is supposed to be locked and using the work benches lol.

She seemed to be hanging out with a camp fire which was never there before and is just there? Is this just a glitched spawn?
she likes you ;')

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens if you create a new character? The first character I met made reference to finishing a chunk of the original storyline, so does it require to finish some portion of the original storyline to start Wastelanders?

I'm already over level 50 and have started Wastelanders but I was curious what the mechanics were for new players.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Fallout on Twitter

That is excellent news! I bought this on the cheap yesterday thinking the Steam version was an ongoing promotion, and was a bit bummed to find out that I had missed the window.

Now to decide if I just wait for the Steam version to show up in my account, or download it first on Bethesda.net launcher and get going. The account does carry over right? Like if I did start on Bethesda.net launcher and moved over to Steam when it shows up, my progress carries over?

Status
Not open for further replies.