• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Might be that one, will have to check later when in game.
It does work on any current explosive round or device. My pretty large group always use it for Arkos runs and we always clean up.

I think it has to be, I'm not aware of any other perk that impacts blast radius. I will pick it up on my next level up and test. If so this build will get even better.

Of course, the risk for blowing yourself up increases as well. Lol. No risk, no reward!

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've read the boost from Demolition Expert for explosive rounds is so minuscule it's not worth the special points.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
From what I've read the boost from Demolition Expert for explosive rounds is so minuscule it's not worth the special points.

It pushed my damage per shot up over 200. It's at 210 with 3 points of demo expert and 9 points in gunslinger. Add adrenaline and gun fu and the double damage for instigating and I'm wrecking super mutants with a revolver, even without the anti armor perks i lose in pistols.

I'll boot the game up later and try to get exact numbers on what demo expert is doing. If grenadier works the extra damage radius would change the discussion as well.

Oh, i forgot to mention, I have a legendary auto grenade launcher with 90% reduced weight. So anytime I pick up grenade rounds I can use them and get a benefit from demo expert as well. The grenade launcher weighs 1.8 lbs!

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It pushed my damage per shot up over 200. It's at 210 with 3 points of demo expert and 9 points in gunslinger. Add adrenaline and gun fu and the double damage for instigating and I'm wrecking super mutants with a revolver, even without the anti armor perks i lose in pistols.

I'll boot the game up later and try to get exact numbers on what demo expert is doing. If grenadier works the extra damage radius would change the discussion as well.

Oh, i forgot to mention, I have a legendary auto grenade launcher with 90% reduced weight. So anytime I pick up grenade rounds I can use them and get a benefit from demo expert as well. The grenade launcher weighs 1.8 lbs!
Oh I didn't see you were using a Pistol. Demolition Expert isn't worth it for an exploding shot heavy gun or rifle.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Oh I didn't see you were using a Pistol. Demolition Expert isn't worth it for an exploding shot heavy gun or rifle.

Yeah, with pistols you have to scratch and claw for every bit of damage. I know it would be easier if I went with a different build, but I'm hard headed.

I want my hand cannon gunslinger at all costs. Haha.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Do you use vats? If so, Concentrated fire is a must, IMO.

Not really, Never really gave it a proper chance. I've been running a full Chameleon Scout set for 95% of my play. 5% X01 for places with mobs and Queen if I have to fight in the blast zone.

Edit:
IE Lever Action Rifle
AAE Handmade Rifle
QE Pump Shotgun
TSE 50 Cal
Furious Grognak Axe
Troubleshooters Handmade for Silo runs.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really, Never really gave it a proper chance. I've been running a full Chameleon Scout set for 95% of my play. 5% X01 for places with mobs and Queen if I have to fight in the blast zone.

Edit:
IE Lever Action Rifle
AAE Handmade Rifle
QE Pump Shotgun
TSE 50 Cal
Furious Grognak Axe
Troubleshooters Handmade for Silo runs.
Max Tank Killer and max out all three Rifleman cards if possible, if not level 1 of each.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
This event has just become pure frustration for me. I want to get all the stuff, but I haven't gotten a new item in at least two days. Seeing I've gotten another bloody chef hat or a meat cleaver plan has become very disheartening. Worse is the grillmaster hat since it's incorrectly marked as an atom shop item, so I can't even do anything with my duplicates.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I got a couple of the Black Chef's hats yesterday, they seem to be marked as Atom store? Haven't gotten any of the big hammer ones, just some mods for it.

Finally worked out what was taking up space in my stash, there was almost 150lbs of antiseptic, because you can't bulk it, I'd missed it completely.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
First game of NW in forever, guess I got paired of with a badass who was level 118. She would call out stuff often, people like her name me consider actually using my mic lol. But we ended up winning with all 4 of us surviving. Was actually crazy we went up against another surviving squad.

I forgot I had reworked my special stats to use frog legs, picked up an explosive bobble head and was lucky enough to find a grenade launcher. Was the best but did get the final kill needed to win. May have cooled off NW but interested in the new map the mode will be getting soon.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Max Tank Killer and max out all three Rifleman cards if possible, if not level 1 of each.

Thanks for the help gentleman, I'm changing my build a bit. Luckily I had a ton of upgrade points stored up.

Also switched my only only Endurance point to Fireproof and Added Dense to my my Chameleon chest over Polymer. Went to get the atom challenge for a pic of Queen, Hunter, King. Immediately noticed a huge difference in the damage I take from the lvl80 Scorchbeast screech in glasses caverns and the spit from mirelurk King without power armor.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided to jump back on this game after dropping it in February as a way to not completely dump all of my free time on Final Fantasy XIV and I started reading the updates so far and if I'm reading this right they haven't added new weapons (Not referring to Existing Weapons with a random name/effect) or Perk Cards yet? I was hoping they would have added some stuff to make a pistol only build more viable by now.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So I decided to jump back on this game after dropping it in February as a way to not completely dump all of my free time on Final Fantasy XIV and I started reading the updates so far and if I'm reading this right they haven't added new weapons (Not referring to Existing Weapons with a random name/effect) or Perk Cards yet? I was hoping they would have added some stuff to make a pistol only build more viable by now.

I'm still waiting on an update for pistol perks as well, but as of now it's still heavily depend on finding the right weapon.

Since I rolled an instigating explosive +1 perception Western Revolver I'm wrecking the game.

Without the right legendary weapon a pistol build is still way underpowered as there is no way to perk for armor reduction.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Legendary venders sale starts today so go grab some decent kit before the vault raid.

PC Vault raid starts on the 20th and Consoles within a couple of days if the pc test goes ok.
Ideally teams of four to complete the raid.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Bash damage and limb damage for everyone at a discount! Can't believe they're not postponing this until after they fix it on the 20th. Lol

I'm at max but I'm not using more than 150 per day.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Murmmmmmmgh has been trash add usual. But at least RNGesus is being godly today. Unyielding/WWR, Bloody Handmade, Tesla FFR and found a Explosive Tesla in a train station vendor for 500c.

Tesla FFR is God mode in pvp lol

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I've been farming violet flux to mod my armor and I just realized I accidentally sold the two stable flux I already had to a vendor earlier. Which means I get to spend a bunch more time farming now. That sucks.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Might be able to sell you some, what platform you on?

Thanks for the offer, but I managed to get what I needed. Also realized I didn't sell it, I didn't know that turning raw flux into stable flux also moves it from aid to junk. I dropped it when I died and didn't bother to go look for my junk since I didn't think I had anything important.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Man Adventure mode has more shitheads hanging around ever since they capped damage in Survival mode. Luckily I'm already on to their tricks but it's got to suck for newer players.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Basically they're getting newbs to team up with one of their group then they'll initiate pvp with each other which flags the newb. Then they'll just continue killing him while another person goes to destroy their camp.

They're also using this to steal junk from people, I'll usually go along with it. I've had like 4 teams where i told them i had picked up a bunch of junk for a trade but when they kill me they get squat.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Just wasted an hour just sitting at my camp in the hopes of getting stormy weather to finish the Night Light weekly weapon tasks. Nada, But I did learn everybody was grouped in one section of the map just spawn camp killing each other over and over non stop. Why? XP farming?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
The raid seems impossible to solo, at least on normal. There's a ton of enemies and you have a very small window of time to do anything. Hopefully they tweak it to make it more reasonable for solo players.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
The raid seems impossible to solo, at least on normal. There's a ton of enemies and you have a very small window of time to do anything. Hopefully they tweak it to make it more reasonable for solo players.
Three of us 53/83/144 on novice did it in one hour and all of us are out of everything.
I used 3k ammo, 42 stim packs, 40 p. Water and over 30 Nuka cherry to stay alive in Ultra cite Pa that is now mostly red!

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Three of us 53/83/144 on novice did it in one hour and all of us are out of everything.
I used 3k ammo, 42 stim packs, 40 p. Water and over 30 Nuka cherry to stay alive in Ultra cite Pa that is now mostly red!

Whops NVM have no idea how I missed that.

Edit- also did you enjoy it?

Last edited:

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Seeing a lot of players comparing it to the burrows when it first launched?

Also lots of high levels pretty much agreeing it's a resource hog with added bonus of XP bring nerfed. Yikes!

On a positive note, JK! All scout armor mods show up in the bunker vendor but they jacked the prices 10x and they are still not labeled. Ohh Bugthesda!

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Seeing a lot of players comparing it to the burrows when it first launched?

Also lots of high levels pretty much agreeing it's a resource hog with added bonus of XP bring nerfed. Yikes!

It's more like doing a silo but with more to do and yes it kills resources bu I expect a raid to be hard.
I really enjoyed it and will be trying again as soon as its live on console because that is where my high level character is along with all the top weapons.

To sum up its great for xp.

The rewards can be sold(might be bug).

Some bits ideally need two players min.

Go melee build but keep ammo for end wall plant.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This game is on sale and I'm kind of intrigued. I had a few questions.

1) Is the map good in this game? If I just wanted to explore the entire map would I have a good time?
2. Do you have to grind a lot?
3. Is the performance still bad on console?
4. Is there still the aesthetic of a fallout game? What I like about fallout is the feel of a post apocalyptic game but set in the 50s. Is there music playing? Lots of nuka cola ads?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
This game is on sale and I'm kind of intrigued. I had a few questions.

1) Is the map good in this game? If I just wanted to explore the entire map would I have a good time?
2. Do you have to grind a lot?
3. Is the performance still bad on console?
4. Is there still the aesthetic of a fallout game? What I like about fallout is the feel of a post apocalyptic game but set in the 50s. Is there music playing? Lots of nuka cola ads?
1. The map is one of the games best bits, it's massive but exploring each region is sort of dependant on level(don't take your lvl 10 to Cranbury bog).
2.Its a loot game so grinding is a thing but player vending has helped loads.
3.Not sure on base Consoles but X1X and Pro are OK, better than at launch.
4.The game still feels very Fallout and yes the pipboy has radio stations but you could just use Spotify instead while playing.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
1. The map is one of the games best bits, it's massive but exploring each region is sort of dependant on level(don't take your lvl 10 to Cranbury bog).
4.The game still feels very Fallout and yes the pipboy has radio stations but you could just use Spotify instead while playing.

The not feeling fallout thing gets me. I know it doesn't have NPCs, but the map and general gameplay feel exactly like other fallouts.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I think one of the things I love about fallout is the dry sense of humor. Without NPCs I am wondering if that's still in the game.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Hmm okay... I'm tempted but as someone who didn't love fallout 4 not sure if I'd like the game. New Vegas is one of my all time favorites

My first Fallout was 3 and I've played everyone since and enjoyed them all. But if you're favorite is NV and didn't love 4 then I'd skip it. Don't try to like the game.

I got a friend who loved Fallout 3 and 4 but hates 76 and she never played it lol. But I know what games she likes, plus she's not a MP person. Would never tell her to try it knowing she'd hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.