• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
So how hard is vault 94? Want to check it out. But don't really have a team. If anyone on Xbox wants to team up and try to tackle it, send me a message.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So how hard is vault 94? Want to check it out. But don't really have a team. If anyone on Xbox wants to team up and try to tackle it, send me a message.
Its harder than the Burrows or Arkos even on novice mode and it takes a run to learn exactly what to do.
My first run was a team of three and lasted 1hr45mins due to spending ages looking for pump codes.
I expect to be running it on Xbox this weekend.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Its harder than the Burrows or Arkos even on novice mode and it takes a run to learn exactly what to do.
My first run was a team of three and lasted 1hr45mins due to spending ages looking for pump codes.
I expect to be running it on Xbox this weekend.

The Burrows? Is that an event that no longer exists?

P.S. Found the best use for the Queen's repair kits and it's a AAE Laser Rifle... Breaks like it's made of glass but hits like a tank.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I guess it just failed to spawn legendarys for you.
I had the same happen with Pharma not spawning the Alpha legendary at the end.

I've got some decent drops from Pharma, Now the Queen that's a different story. Since patch 10 haven't had anything decent drop besides the flux and repair kits. It seems like it always rewards 1 star junk armor for killing her and her loot is 2 Star junk armor. Haven't had her drop a weapon in forever. Better off keeping an eye on legendaries in the mobs.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this at launch and had only really played it sporadically since launch. Spent damn near the whole day playing it today. I'm having a great time with it!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Think I'm going to jump back into the game since I only played a few hours. What's the best course of action for dealing with hunger and thirst while out doing whatever? I really want to manage this as little as possible, is there an easy or fast way to create a bunch of whatever to keep on me so I can just eat/drink when absolutely necessary? Would love to just avoid this part all together but I'll deal with it since the game is designed around it.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm going to jump back into the game since I only played a few hours. What's the best course of action for dealing with hunger and thirst while out doing whatever? I really want to manage this as little as possible, is there an easy or fast way to create a bunch of whatever to keep on me so I can just eat/drink when absolutely necessary? Would love to just avoid this part all together but I'll deal with it since the game is designed around it.
Go to the food workshop in the Forest and set the machine to produce Salisbury steak.

Meanwhile set up water purifiers at your camp or that workshop.

Wait. It won't be long before you are swimming in food and purified water.

You can also go to where radstags commonly spawn and go hunting for meat.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Go to the food workshop in the Forest and set the machine to produce Salisbury steak.

Meanwhile set up water purifiers at your camp or that workshop.

Wait. It won't be long before you are swimming in food and purified water.

You can also go to where radstags commonly spawn and go hunting for meat.
Thanks, sounds easy enough!

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
If you have enough levels make sure you get Starched Genes 2 and get Carnivore Serum. No more need to scrounge for food just eat what you kill. I use 5 of the small water purifiers as I've found it actually produced more water then 5 of the giant ones that go in the water.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Surprised there was no downtime for server maintenance. Had a large group trying to nuke the Queen but every server crapped out. Either just as the nuke hit or half way through the fight.

Sigh...2k rounds down the drain.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Is everybody here going crazy hunting for AA Energy Guns too?

That last blog post laid out some nice fixes and changes coming in the next few patches. But man they need to work on Server stability, Had a server crash just seconds after completing a trade. Luckily everything was still there but I lost progress on a Quest I was on.

Edit: forgot to add they better make sure Tank Killer works with Energy Weapons too.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Yeah server crash is a pain, was doing raid solo last night, got to the G. E. C. K room and the dreaded controls are frozen message popped up and back to the menu....
Did however buy a explosive aa automatic railway rifle that combined with the correct full spread of perks shreds anything in seconds.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Once I completed the map and most of the quests I kinda lost interest in this. Not a huge fan of the grindy MMO aspects of this.

Really looking forward to the added NPC story DLC, though.

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017
Tried 94 today with just my friend and there's way to many enemies for a group of two on novice. Any PS4 players want to exchange names and tackle it?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Tried 94 today with just my friend and there's way to many enemies for a group of two on novice. Any PS4 players want to exchange names and tackle it?
I'm just leveling up my PS4 character but it will take a few days.
No problem in doing the raid with anyone when I have my commando and demolision perk cards finished. Im lvl12 at the mo on PS but done the raid on other platforms fine. PSN - Pjsprojects

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Out of curiosity, what seems to be the intended progression path as far as areas go?

Is it Forest > Ash Heap > Toxic Valley > Savage Divide > Mire > Cranberry Bog?

Also, I just hit level 35 after reinstalling and not playing since vanilla. My build is focused around Auto Rifles, I'm sitting on a large stockpile of 5.56 and my main weapon is a Handmade Automatic Rifle (btw what the fuck is up with the magazines in this game...a drum mag only gives me 30 shots...what the hell...)

I'm almost done with the Raider Questline, what should I do next? I keep seeing people wearing backpacks, how can I get one of those?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what seems to be the intended progression path as far as areas go?

Is it Forest > Ash Heap > Toxic Valley > Savage Divide > Mire > Cranberry Bog?

Also, I just hit level 35 after reinstalling and not playing since vanilla. My build is focused around Auto Rifles, I'm sitting on a large stockpile of 5.56 and my main weapon is a Handmade Automatic Rifle (btw what the fuck is up with the magazines in this game...a drum mag only gives me 30 shots...what the hell...)

I'm almost done with the Raider Questline, what should I do next? I keep seeing people wearing backpacks, how can I get one of those?

If you go to a train station there should be a poster about a camp scout group that will start the quest for getting a backpack.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
If you go to a train station there should be a poster about a camp scout group that will start the quest for getting a backpack.
Ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks much.

So I know that legendary weapons can be exchanged for "Scrip" at the machines at train stations, who do I talk to spend the scrip?

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So right now I'm farming whitesprings and westek for xp, trying to grind to 100 for the trophy and rack in some extra perk cards and eventually settle on a specific build for endgame stuff, but are there better ways for xp grinding? Is it worth it to go through nuke areas for more?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Out of curiosity, how often do ya'll pack up camp and move it around? My camp's been in the same spot for awhile, a little lake near Top of the World, but I'm considering moving it somewhere else, anybody got any favorite spots?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I tend to move camp when I see another build idea.
So far I have done a garage at roadside, a cliff edge jobbie with spiral stairs that overhung the rock face, a cafe, a service area(near vault 94) and currently on PS4 I'm trying to build a cultist spec castle with drawbridge.
So every couple of months max.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So right now I'm farming whitesprings and westek for xp, trying to grind to 100 for the trophy and rack in some extra perk cards and eventually settle on a specific build for endgame stuff, but are there better ways for xp grinding? Is it worth it to go through nuke areas for more?
Arkos(Project paradise) maybe an idea but tbh I've never taken note of the xp it pays out.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
At this point is everybody just hoarding scrip for the next sale?

Also would like to thank Bugthesda for crippling the Possum Badges. I'm cleaning up on legacy lasers and God roll gear for cheap with my badges.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
At this point is everybody just hoarding scrip for the next sale?

Also would like to thank Bugthesda for crippling the Possum Badges. I'm cleaning up on legacy lasers and God roll gear for cheap with my badges.
Yep just saving up but tbh I don't really need any more top tier weapons. Still doing Possum stuff for the extra weight backpack mod.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Yep just saving up but tbh I don't really need any more top tier weapons. Still doing Possum stuff for the extra weight backpack mod.

I'm ready to start doing the dailies to stockpile more Possum Badges. It seems almost nobody either knows or cares about dailies awarding badges. They just want them as fast as possible without doing any work.

The only I would want is one of those Gatling Plasma legacy guns. But I've seen them being traded for like 150-250k worth of gear. Too rich for my blood even if I had the enough for one.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I need some help clearing the tadpole quest, I need to actually team up with somebody so I can have a chance at reviving them :/

Also, going through the main quest solo kinda blows, I can do it, but I've gotta blow through massive amounts of my ammo stockpile to do so. And holding the ammo factory just isn't feasible playing solo if theirs a team who decide they want it.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I need some help clearing the tadpole quest, I need to actually team up with somebody so I can have a chance at reviving them :/

Also, going through the main quest solo kinda blows, I can do it, but I've gotta blow through massive amounts of my ammo stockpile to do so. And holding the ammo factory just isn't feasible playing solo if theirs a team who decide they want it.
I can help with that if you want. What platform are you on.?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Yeah I'm just grinding to lvl50. I'm after the platinum trophy on PS so yeah anything is good. Also would like the fusion generator from the power plan event.,trouble is its to much solo at lvl17 lol.
Is the fusion power generator plan super rare or something? I unlocked it, but for the life of me I have no idea where I got the plan from.

Status
Not open for further replies.