• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Oooh the whiners will be jumping up on their soap boxes to yell at the heavens! "Pay to Win!" I wish they would add real pay to win items so maybe these whiners heads will Explode.

As for the patch/changes everything looks good, Glad they finally got the Scout Armor fixed. Got all my sets done finally dense/polymer/deep pocketed.

And legendary Fixer, Bear Arm, Sheepsquatch Staff,Club if you know the plan. Now that's an amazing surprise for sure.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I just paid a random 100 caps to let himself get downed by a bunch of robots so I could revive him for a backpack.

CAPITALISM IS AWESOME!

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
A floor tile is currently available for free in the store but the lamp is done via community goals.

The free lamp was in the bottom right hand corner on the featured page, for me. It's not goal-locked. Today's Inside the Vault states, "Show our impending visitors a welcoming side of the Wasteland with the warm glow of the Tripod Floor Lamp, which you can claim for free in the Atomic Shop until September 17."

Last edited:

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I just paid a random 100 caps to let himself get downed by a bunch of robots so I could revive him for a backpack.

CAPITALISM IS AWESOME!

Nice!

Guess I'll add my GT here, Anybody on Xbox ever need help or is down to help with Weekly/Daily Atom challenges. I'm always glad to help and would love more people to ask for help.

GT bashfooldodger
PST California

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I always purchase the Atom bundles when they have a free outfit and the bonus 500,so this time I got the caravan thing out of the store.
Got to say its a bit of a dud, very hard to place things in it without the item appearing on the roof and no where near as useful as the greenhouse that everyone uses for venders.
The wall paper however is great and can be applied to any wall surface.
The above was on Xbox so anyone visiting my PS camp don't expect to see a caravan lol.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Oooh the whiners will be jumping up on their soap boxes to yell at the heavens! "Pay to Win!" I wish they would add real pay to win items so maybe these whiners heads will Explode.

As for the patch/changes everything looks good, Glad they finally got the Scout Armor fixed. Got all my sets done finally dense/polymer/deep pocketed.

And legendary Fixer, Bear Arm, Sheepsquatch Staff,Club if you know the plan. Now that's an amazing surprise for sure.

Yeah, sure, hope they ruin the game to spite the "whiners". You know, the people who care about them doing good game balance (which microtransactions and pay for convenience/win encourages the opposite) and also exploiting people's addictions. Yeah... fuck those people. How dare they care about the game going in a good direction and about people not getting exploited!|

You do realize some of us "whiners" are bitching cause we like and care about the game, right? We've seen what this stuff does to a game and don't wnat to see this game go in that direction as well (Though it's probably futile cause I'm willing to bet Bethesda already planned this when they were lieing about cosmetic only... it's a very common theme when you hear cosmetic only.. for it to change later after people already bought the game).

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Yeah, sure, hope they ruin the game to spite the "whiners". You know, the people who care about them doing good game balance (which microtransactions and pay for convenience/win encourages the opposite) and also exploiting people's addictions. Yeah... fuck those people. How dare they care about the game going in a good direction and about people not getting exploited!|

You do realize some of us "whiners" are bitching cause we like and care about the game, right? We've seen what this stuff does to a game and don't wnat to see this game go in that direction as well (Though it's probably futile cause I'm willing to bet Bethesda already planned this when they were lieing about cosmetic only... it's a very common theme when you hear cosmetic only.. for it to change later after people already bought the game).

The whiners keep yelling about pay to win when nothing has even come close to that at all. And if you go back to the original statements the cosmetic only quote was an answer about weapons skins specifically. If you didn't think you were going to get micro-transactioned to death in a game where they told you they weren't going to charge for DLC then you were delusional from the start.

But please tell me how they are supposed to pay the bills to keep the game running in a game where all DLC is free. If the plan wasn't always to get Whales and lazy people to buy useless shit that has had absolutely no impact on your gameplay at all?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Nothing at all in the Atom store is pay to win.
Just playing the game doing daily/weekly challenges earn enough Atoms to buy a lot of stuff so only people like me that try and get all the new store stuff buy Atoms with with real cash.
The amount of content added to the game is worth buying the odd pack of Atoms imo.

XRayRegime

Oct 25, 2017
I am kinda in a spot where I'm level 20 or 21 and not sure what to do next. The Rose mission is a little too tough for me right now, and most of my other missions are dailies, events, etc. What's the best place to go around this level? I basically go to Toxic Valley to grind and Savage Divide to get my ass kicked. Or should I just keep chaining events?

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Nothing at all in the Atom store is pay to win.
Just playing the game doing daily/weekly challenges earn enough Atoms to buy a lot of stuff so only people like me that try and get all the new store stuff buy Atoms with with real cash.

I know, I'm sitting in 5,600 atoms from just doing Weekly/Daily challenges but I'm tempted to get the bundle with the Clown Mask. Maybe use those atoms to buy all the plushies in the store.

I wish they would tell me their plan for the game to make money without this stuff. Only other road is paid dlc but then you fracture your player base. I'd be fine with paying for dlc but they would have get server stability and the bug list trimmed down significantly.

I am kinda in a spot where I'm level 20 or 21 and not sure what to do next. The Rose mission is a little too tough for me right now, and most of my other missions are dailies, events, etc. What's the best place to go around this level? I basically go to Toxic Valley to grind and Savage Divide to get my ass kicked. Or should I just keep chaining events?

The amount of content added to the game is worth buying the odd pack of Atoms imo.

Double XP weekend already started already. Maybe see if you can find someone to Tag along with to farm Westek or White Springs. I've done White Springs, I usually pop on Enforcer 3 and go through everything just crippling both legs on all ghouls.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I know, I'm sitting in 5,600 atoms from just doing Weekly/Daily challenges but I'm tempted to get the bundle with the Clown Mask. Maybe use those atoms to buy all the plushies in the store.

I wish they would tell me their plan for the game to make money without this stuff. Only other road is paid dlc but then you fracture your player base. I'd be fine with paying for dlc but they would have get server stability and the bug list trimmed down significantly.

Double XP weekend already started already. Maybe see if you can find someone to Tag along with to farm Westek or White Springs. I've done White Springs, I usually pop on Enforcer 3 and go through everything just crippling both legs on all ghouls.
With the new server wide events notification I've been doing Arkos a lot on Xbox but its bad news if the level 100 Alpha spawns on a lower level player lol.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
With the new server wide events notification I've been doing Arkos a lot on Xbox but its bad news if the level 100 Alpha spawns on a lower level player lol.

Damn what servers are these, Most of the servers I jump on are dead. The only thing people flock to at the Queen and Uranium.

Damn Bethesda every week creates a new market for players. Everybody with the plans for the Fixer, Sheepsquatch weapons and Bear Arm are cleaning up right now. Jesus at what people are paying.

Last edited:

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

Damnit is double XP this weekend?? Do they not announce these things? I'm currently out of town I would've brought my ps4 had I known.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Look for the inside the vault updates they post on their website or the fallout Twitter account.

Also I'm on PS4 as well feel free to add me and we can roam around. I'm almost level 100.

Its not really that I appreciate the offer, I'm level 91 at this point. Just trying to grind out to 100 for the trophy and a few more options to solidify my build.

Edit I'll still add you.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Man I love it when I spend a bunch of caps to travel to an event and then the game crashes before I complete it.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Was on my PS4 character last night and ended killing the Queen, but its not right that a lvl23 in crappy Raider PA can get the trophy when really I did none of the work.
Oh well back to levelling lol.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Was on my PS4 character last night and ended killing the Queen, but its not right that a lvl23 in crappy Raider PA can get the trophy when really I did none of the work.
Oh well back to levelling lol.

They really need to rework events more. If they're going for more server participation then mechanics need to change. Enemies need to get bugged and numbers spawned increased as more people join events.

Also please fix Uranium Fever! Got 2 God roll weapons/armor @lvl40...

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I mainly do Uranium fever and Sons of Daine on PS and always get good drops but I'm now lvl 26 and the stuff is lvl50 lol.

The community killed 628k Scorchbeasts so we get a full Meat Week event starting Thursday.
Seems a good way to lvl my PS character up.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Regarding meat week.
Its just as important to have players on the drums and putting camp fires out as it is hunting the food. A lot of players think shooting the rats, rabbits and other stuff for the pot is the only important thing to do but the event will fail without the other stuff being done.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
New stretch goal starts after Meat week, kill 8mil Scorched and get 50% off at the Legendary vender plus some more free Atom store stuff.
Also noticed a PTS is due out early 2020 and for PC players they are looking at text chat.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't know if I like the idea of text chat. It was kinda cool to just have proximity voice chat. Forced you to find people and talk. With text chat no one will ever talk again now.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Not that much excitement for Meat Week, Rewards still pretty bad aside from the scrip and a few plans. Surprised they didn't add a Tenderizer plan that when learned gives you a chance at getting legendary from murmur.

I did finally get my hands on a BE Gatling Plasma lvl40 for cheap and it's like they fused all my Explosive Lasers into one gun. Fun times soloing the meat events in the Bog.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Ha! Those bastards the molemen finally put out. Uranium Fever dropped both Scout Masks and 4 Jumpsuitsb including the White Powder and White Springs!

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I left this game for about four months and I'm having a lot of fun with some of the new stuff. I exclusively play solo as well - in fact, I have never played this game with a group.

Anyway, Wastelanders and the Steam release will probably launch in around two months, give or take. I wonder how much marketing that's going to get - kind of a soft re-launch? Might do another OT for Wastelanders/Steam if it looks popular enough for it to have one.

Oct 29, 2017
I left this game for about four months and I'm having a lot of fun with some of the new stuff. I exclusively play solo as well - in fact, I have never played this game with a group.

Anyway, Wastelanders and the Steam release will probably launch in around two months, give or take. I wonder how much marketing that's going to get - kind of a soft re-launch? Might do another OT for Wastelanders/Steam if it looks popular enough for it to have one.

Do we know if the Steam release is one of those games that will require the original launcher to run as well as the Steam client?

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Do we know if the Steam release is one of those games that will require the original launcher to run as well as the Steam client?
We don't know yet, but I wouldn't count on it. RAGE 2, also published by Bethesda Softworks, first launched as a Bethesda launcher exclusive and was only available to Steam when they backtracked on that decision - the Bethesda launcher is not required whatsoever with a Steam purchase. I assume the same will be true for Fallout 76.

Oct 29, 2017
We don't know yet, but I wouldn't count on it. RAGE 2, also published by Bethesda Softworks, first launched as a Bethesda launcher exclusive and was only available to Steam when they backtracked on that decision - the Bethesda launcher is not required whatsoever with a Steam purchase. I assume the same will be true for Fallout 76.

Thanks; I ask because I have a couple of "Steam-only" friends who I'm trying to get to play the game.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
OK with this many events I'm have way to much legendary gear and a lot of stable flux.
It now takes under ten seconds to kill the Lvl100 legendary from the Cranbury big meat event! Great but a lot of players don't get enough time to get a hit.
Currently have pre made Excavator, T60 calibrated legs, jet pack T60, Raider and Ultrcite torso's
All on my Xbox accounts vending machines along with Heavy weapons and armour.

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
So I've been catching up on Wastelanders and there are a lot of interesting tidbits that I didn't know, most of it from DoomCon:
  • NPCs are going to be scattered all across the map, not just specific areas. They will actually settle the cities, provide random encounters, have jobs and schedules, etc.
  • Raiders and Settlers are the two major factions + minor factions like Cult of the Mothman.
  • Reputation from Fallout New Vegas.
  • No companions that can follow you around, but companions that you can send to your C.A.M.P. You can actually hire people to do things at your place.
  • You can romance companions.
  • Actual choice and consequence; you can get certain factions to either like you or vilify you.
  • New main quest.
Now, the last point is the most interesting to me. New main quest as in... an extension to the main quest, or a replacement? How are they going to handle the previous main quest? I mean, in the current main quest you constantly hear about people disappearing and that's the main thing going on. Are new players just going to experience the new main quest and the old one will be discarded? I don't think they'll do separate servers. No.

I also wonder about the romance options. It will be weird sharing the same girlfriend with a thousand players, lol. Maybe they'll be character archetypes rather than actual unique NPCs? Like, it's the same voice lines, but with different names and looks so that each one feels apart from one another.

I'm just rambling.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Bethesda refer to Wastelanders as year two and so people start to put down roots but I don't see them removing the year one main quest for new players.
However becoming a new player now already seems daunting to me with the sheer amount of catch up needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.