• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Bethesda refer to Wastelanders as year two and so people start to put down roots but I don't see them removing the year one main quest for new players.
However becoming a new player now already seems daunting to me with the sheer amount of catch up needed.

Strangely enough, I'm (possibly?) coming to the game at this latter point and am excited about all of the content that I need to do to catch up. At launch, I was afraid the game would be kinda barebones so this suits me just fine :)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
If there's that much content then I'm in for a treat. I love the Fallout universe so if there's that much stuff to do I'm excited by it.

800 hours is hardcore, so don't expect going in to have 800 hours worth of content. lol

But if you enjoyed Fallout 4 then you will have a lot to do. Personally I finished off most of the quests and completed the map at around 150 hours give or take. Exploring the map and different locales is probably the best part, and this was before Bethesda implemented seeing people's camps on the map.

A lot of the "post-game" content comes from what you put into it and if you consider it fun. Building a cool camp, for instance, can take days or weeks but none of it is necessary. Again, there's more incentive to build a cool camp now that people can see it and buy stuff from your vendors. If you like PvP there's survival mode and battle royale, too.

I'm personally going to play again once the Wastelanders DLC hits. I'm not too big on the grindy MMO stuff they've added.

Oct 29, 2017
800 hours is hardcore, so don't expect going in to have 800 hours worth of content. lol

But if you enjoyed Fallout 4 then you will have a lot to do. Personally I finished off most of the quests and completed the map at around 150 hours give or take. Exploring the map and different locales is probably the best part, and this was before Bethesda implemented seeing people's camps on the map.

A lot of the "post-game" content comes from what you put into it and if you consider it fun. Building a cool camp, for instance, can take days or weeks but none of it is necessary. Again, there's more incentive to build a cool camp now that people can see it and buy stuff from your vendors. If you like PvP there's survival mode and battle royale, too.

I'm personally going to play again once the Wastelanders DLC hits. I'm not too big on the grindy MMO stuff they've added.

Ah, okay. I'd be happy with even 150 hours :) Yup, I really liked Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4. I'll take a wait and see approach since my friends and I will likely be jumping into Destiny 2 for the time being.

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I found the cryptid mystery quests to be really well written and clearly more involved than 'go here, kill this.' They have you searching for clues and even have optional side objectives. The suspense is also great.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I'm not even sure how to check hours but I'm currently leveling up my third toon. Still can't believe how awesome this game is, Glad I gave it a chance.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Anyone here got solid info on Prime Receivers and crafting ammo?

I've tried priming a weapon as I had heard some guns can't have the prime receiver removed at all.

Thinking about whether I should prime my Gat Plasma and TSE Gatling Gun. I know they need flux on top of the basic mats and that they buffed the amount you get but I've yet to see numbers on it.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I'm not even sure how to check hours but I'm currently leveling up my third toon. Still can't believe how awesome this game is, Glad I gave it a chance.
Pipboy tells you how many hours the character has.
As for weapons with Ultracite rounds do you have the plans to make the ammo? Also very greedy stuff to use compared to say a auto Railway rifle with explosive perk that just uses steel to make ammo.

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017
Is there a write up on the tadpole quest line with the best way to farm the mats needed to craft some of the requirements?

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hi all, apologies if you get questions like this all the time in here but I bought FO76 on launch and was quite disappointed. I've heard that they've worked hard at and it's actually much improved? How is the game now?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Hi all, apologies if you get questions like this all the time in here but I bought FO76 on launch and was quite disappointed. I've heard that they've worked hard at and it's actually much improved? How is the game now?
First things first,it's not bug free and the frame rate on console can still be a bit icky,however content has been added often and events pop up all the time plus a new main story is being added in November centered around npc's with Raiders,settlers and other minor factions such as the Mothman cult,how you play will have an impact on whatever faction you side with so going forwards the future is bright.
Right now we have a time limited event called meat week and a community challenge to kill 8mil Scorched within a time frame to gain access to some free Atom store bits and a 50% off Legendary vendor sale.
The community seems to be growing from month to month and I know the servers I'm on are always full.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Anybody think there's a chance they will add something to Events that will take into account how many people show up adjust the difficulty or maybe just the amount of enemies that spawn?

There also need to be more events like meat week added that's aren't as tough to beat as Queen/Imposter/Aktos.

Cause having 10+ people show up at AWOL/Uranium/Free Range is fun until everybody tries to one shot the legendary and over 3/4 of the people just stand around angry they missed out on any loot.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Anybody think there's a chance they will add something to Events that will take into account how many people show up adjust the difficulty or maybe just the amount of enemies that spawn?

There also need to be more events like meat week added that's aren't as tough to beat as Queen/Imposter/Aktos.

Cause having 10+ people show up at AWOL/Uranium/Free Range is fun until everybody tries to one shot the legendary and over 3/4 of the people just stand around angry they missed out on any loot.
I know they are adjusting the server wide notification system for events but not heard anything for the amount of players attending.
One shotting happens a lot at the Sons of Dain event which is annoying.
Had a Halloween event mentioned to me so if true that's a new one.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Has anyone here completed the vault? Is the loot worth it?
And what is the easiest build to make. I got a character at 152 but just put points in whatever and just wear whatever armor. Thinking of making another character that's kinda focused on something.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Wastelanders delayed to early next year. Private servers coming, with the ability to mod the private server content.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Has anyone here completed the vault? Is the loot worth it?
And what is the easiest build to make. I got a character at 152 but just put points in whatever and just wear whatever armor. Thinking of making another character that's kinda focused on something.
Yes three times, if you do it enough you will end up with a full set of normal and a full set of PA that is only available from the raid.
The raid stuff can not be sold.

As for build I wouldn't go for Bloodied due to risk of death if running the raid solo.
I first tried melee but used 40 stim packs and a few repair kits. Currently running all explosive shot weapons with Bear arms, Demolition and commando.
Expect to go through thousands of rounds and a decent amount of all healing stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm ready to dive back into this. I had no reason to drop it last year and I'm disappointed I did as I've committed to each Fallout since 3 as soon as the title rolled.

that said, sounds like some nice changes so maybe my experience now will be better for it.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Sucks Wastelanders got delayed but I'm hoping it's for the best. Now let's see what they do to fill in the gap and keep players motivated.

That was a nice clear announcement of their intentions with atom shop junk. Although that would've been better before they released the convenience stuff that set off the screeching and whining about pay 2 win. Me personally am fine with them pushing the limits on convenience junk as long as nothing has come close to giving players an edge.

I say give more junk to spend atoms on, I bought the trailer, bot and all the plushies. Still sitting on 5k+ atoms earned just from daily/weekly challenges.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Agreed if the delay makes the content better I'm fine with it.
We have a Halloween event starting and I'm guessing loads of new stuff in the Atom store to grind for and that's before a Christmas event kicks in.
I know the current 50% of Legendaries has my vending machines to max capacity and there is always a queue at the vender so ot clearly worked.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Agreed if the delay makes the content better I'm fine with it.
We have a Halloween event starting and I'm guessing loads of new stuff in the Atom store to grind for and that's before a Christmas event kicks in.
I know the current 50% of Legendaries has my vending machines to max capacity and there is always a queue at the vender so ot clearly worked.

im hoping we get new fasnatch masks.

anybody get any get love from the purveyor?

3k scrip not one Fixer or Handmade, like 5 god roll armor pieces.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
im hoping we get new fasnatch masks.

anybody get any get love from the purveyor?

3k scrip not one Fixer or Handmade, like 5 god roll armor pieces.
Yeah Purveyor did OK for me, Anti armour Fixer with explosive shot,pipe pistol Bloodied explosive shot with anti armour and 90% weight reduction. Two Bloodied Deathclaw gauntlets with 90% weight reduction and crit vats bonus.
Also got a two shot Gat plasma with 90%weight reduction.
A out 3k Scrip spent so far.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I like Fallout 3 and 4, this is on sale now, 25$ is it worth it now, i Will play solo.
Hard for me to not recommend the game because I play it more than any other game.
The game has great content being added frequently and the community on the whole is very friendly and yes you will meet other players but that's all part of it due to player vending ans server wide events.
Massive map and yes all the story can be done solo if you really want to not team up.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Thanks I hate it (My Review of the Fixer) Bought a Troubleshooters and took it for a nuke run. This thing misses so many point blank shots I end up using more ammo per Gutsy then my handmade. Making the extra dps useless, Almost seems bugged. Still glad I got that VE Fixer as it's a nice trade chip.

Also the doggos horde in cranberry bog was super kind. Loaded in too find 3x 3* doggos fighting scorched and super Mutants. Got a Quad Gamma FFR Gun [holy sheet] and a Uny Marine Sent/Powered [I cried] Piece and junk.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Thanks I hate it (My Review of the Fixer) Bought a Troubleshooters and took it for a nuke run. This thing misses so many point blank shots I end up using more ammo per Gutsy then my handmade. Making the extra dps useless, Almost seems bugged. Still glad I got that VE Fixer as it's a nice trade chip.

Also the doggos horde in cranberry bog was super kind. Loaded in too find 3x 3* doggos fighting scorched and super Mutants. Got a Quad Gamma FFR Gun [holy sheet] and a Uny Marine Sent/Powered [I cried] Piece and junk.
Oww Sentinel, now we're talking!

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
OK so £8 a month for private server, remote camp, unlimited junk stash, emotes, icons and 1650 Atoms per month.
If you are the type of person that buys 1000 Atoms a month or wants the massive build budget that Workshop's offer then yeah OK.
For me this however is a low blow on a full price retail game. EA style!

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I mean that's one way to get a stable server for a Raid and loot a nuke run in peace. The only down side is lower levels/players not equipped for nuke runs will now miss out if groups start nuking on private servers exclusively. Nukes on white springs are going to dry up a bit.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal with more pay for convenience thrown in for good measure. Kinda wish they at least added a free way to move stuff between toons as a compromise for those not willing to pay for unlimited junk space.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't care personally for private servers, but yeah that thread is bonkers. FO76 will always be fun to dunk on for people. Like you are getting dedicated server access with the fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.