• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm looking forward to this, I had a blast with Fallout 4.

If anyone is yet to preorder, it's available for 40% off from CDKeys, I just cancelled my order via Bethesda.net to swap it and saved £23.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
tumblr_p1wcoe5EaX1viewjpo2_400.gif

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
That's weird. All the pics are loading fine on both my PC and my phone. I'll see what I can do. :)

If anyone knows any other image hosting site that's reliable (not imgur), I'd appreciate it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I may not start on Day 1, but I have the PS4 version preordered and enjoyed Fallout 4. I'm down for some post-nuclear country roads.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
That's weird. All the pics are loading fine on both my PC and my phone. I'll see what I can do. :)

If anyone knows any other image hosting site that's reliable (not imgur), I'd appreciate it.
Pictures don't work for me in the OP (can recommend abload.de as an alternative hosting site).

Extremely hyped to get back into the game again with my buddy. Just knowing that I can trade my loot, explore together and be in an online world, like in ESO really motivates me for some reason. I can't even start playing Fallout 4 again because of that...

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see what the huge day 1 patch includes.

Oct 29, 2017
I've got my early copies and currently downloading 52gb on both machines.
I'm assuming that the servers are not live until launch day?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Faction based PVP sounds pretty interesting.

Not a lot of incentive to fight other people except for funsies right now so curious to see what that will turn out to be.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Thread derailment
Can you stop being coy, explain clearly what your issue with the title is (that no one else in the thread has shared), and stop derailing the thread?

As I stated before it was a poor choice in the title name. West Virginia already doesn't have the best stereotypes already.

The ho hum I don't have any idea what you are talking about means either people are being/are naive or are just defending the the game. As I stated before it could have been a better chosen title. It's my opinion leave it at that.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
As I stated before it was a poor choice in the title name. West Virginia already doesn't have the best stereotypes already.

The ho hum I don't have any idea what you are talking about means either people are being/are naive or are just defending the the game. As I stated before it could have been a better chosen title. It's my opinion leave it at that.

But...you're still not explaining your why.

The title is a mashup of a beloved John Denver song and the Fallout universe (Capital Wasteland, etc.).

Just don't see the offense, but I'm always open to learning new things.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OP, good luck with the launch everyone. I've gotta wait till Christmas, but maybe the kinks will be ironed out then. ;)

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017

Dude, I'm not even buying the game and I have no fucking idea what your issue with the thread title is. Can you please explain it to me outright? What stereotypes does West Virginia have? What makes the title offensive?

I'm not defending anything and I'm not being naive, I genuinely want to know.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, I'm not even buying the game and I have no fucking idea what your issue with the thread title is. Can you please explain it to me outright? What stereotypes does West Virginia have? What makes the title offensive?

I'm not defending anything and I'm not being naive, I genuinely want to know.

West Virginia has a negative stereotype of being dumb hicks so having a title that in any way makes a pun of "West Virginia", even if it makes perfect sense with the context of the game, is bad I guess?

It's a total trash hot take, people should stop engaging because it's just derailing the thread.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might get it.

WV is negatively stereotyped as being backwards, toothless hillbilly country.

This is a predominant stereotype, so that part is not lost on me in the least.

Sooo I think the connection is that using the term Waste Virginia you can make a leap that the Waste part is referring to poor, isolated coal mining communities in WV. As though those people are a Waste.

Kind of a leap as my first connection was Fallout's Wasteland environment. Still think that's the inspiration and don't see it as a dig on WV or its negative stereotype in the least.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Do SPECIAL stats still enhance/influence certain aspects on their own (like melee damage, defense and carry weight) or are they purely raised to acquire perk cards now?

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Special Stats still confer the normal benefits, like Strength being tied to the carry limit. The main new one is Charisma, which now allows you to share perks (since there's no NPC/Reputation sort of system).

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Do SPECIAL stats still enhance/influence certain aspects on their own (like melee damage, defense and carry weight) or are they purely raised to acquire perk cards now?

They still enhance/influence. There are a few changes. Intelligence does not increase XP anymore. Charisma doesn't impact dialogue choices, as there are no dialogue choices.

That said, strength still changes carry weight and agility still changes AP points, etc.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017

Katarn included what stats affect what in the OP, but it is slightly different than past games. Luck doesn't improve drop chance just the condition of what you find, and no one stat appears to affect ranged damage at all, just its V.A.T.S. accuracy (but of course the related perk cards in that stat will).

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Might bite on the X1X '76 bundle to get this for half off...$30 seems fair for what this is right now, anyway.

Apr 8, 2018
Haven't seen any confirmation on this, but is the 54 GB update only for people who bought a disc copy? Preloaded the game on Xbox One a few days ago so hopefully the update was included in that.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
im curious what improvements they made between the last beta build and the launch build. The fps, texture loading and LOD issues were really bad atleast in the PS4 pro version of the game.

wvan13

Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't bagged a Power Armor edition, I probably wouldn't get it right away. But I had enough fun with the beta, and I've been looking for one of those survival sim games to hook me. And maybe one of those with a vague Fallout skin will do it.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT. Wonderful title.
I'm so hyped for this game. I'll be playing on Xbox. If there is anyone else on that system that wants to join up now and again, let me know.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I sunk a good 12 hours or so in the beta, and I feel like I've only touched the surface. I'm still hyped for launch day like it's the first time I was going to play it. I love the Fallout series and well, considering Starfall and Elder Scrolls, this is Fallout for the next decade possibly. I'm looking forward to seeing this game grow and develop over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.