• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Is this really an issue though? I can craft 1000 rounds of any ammo at any time with mats to spare.

Oh I haven't been playing that long - just level 25. Need to go get a bunch of lead (I think there's a gym with a bunch of lead weights). Also don't have that much gunpowder - need to maybe farm some super mutants before this update.

All of these C.A.M.P. updates are nice but the budget max is so low I can't do anything cool to care.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Is today's patch live? Any impressions? The notes actually seem solid, a lot of good QoL/PC stuff. And:

• Scorchbeast Queen: Will now land on the ground more often.

!!

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So I want to start a new character, solo, no power armour shotgunner. How does this look? I've never made a build before, am I missing anything necessary to make this work?

y6zvRVg.png

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is with all the nerfs? Ammo, workshops, resources, XP, drops, etc.

This game should be trying to be more generous, instead it just keeps making the game a bigger chore to play along with all the technical issues. This is getting tiring.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
  • Feed the People: Fixed an issue in which completing the Feed the People Event Quest granted Canned Meat Stew to all players on the server, rather than only the quest's participants.
So this was a bug all along...lol. It was such a neat little thing!

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This game should be trying to be more generous, instead it just keeps making the game a bigger chore to play along with all the technical issues. This is getting tiring.

By level 15 I've never had to worry about food/water/ammo/meds. Stuff fell like rain or easily craftable.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Oh I haven't been playing that long - just level 25. Need to go get a bunch of lead (I think there's a gym with a bunch of lead weights). Also don't have that much gunpowder - need to maybe farm some super mutants before this update.

All of these C.A.M.P. updates are nice but the budget max is so low I can't do anything cool to care.

By level 25 you should be swimming in gunpowder. But if not you can craft that too. You just need cloth and acid.

Get the pack rat perks in Strength if you don't have them. It drops the weight on junk by 75% maxed out. Do that and you won't have an issue other than screws. Screws are the actual rare resource.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
By level 25 you should be swimming in gunpowder. But if not you can craft that too. You just need cloth and acid.

Get the pack rat perks in Strength if you don't have them. It drops the weight on junk by 75% maxed out. Do that and you won't have an issue other than screws. Screws are the actual rare resource.
You can nab a bunch at Sugar Grove. There's a ton of fans/globes/etc in there.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Gunpowder is easy to get, it's the other mats to make certain ammos that aren't as plentiful and raining down on you all the time.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017

Does the perk apply to stash? I'm maxed out on my stash. I think I need to throw out some steel or other junk I don't use much. Ammo is also killing my storage since I only use .308 so have surplus in everything else.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
If they didn't fix the phantom weight glitch then the game will be unplayable for me. I reduced my weight in preparation for the pocked armor exploit being fixed, but even with almost nothing in my inventory I am carrying nearly 600 pounds.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Can you tell me the pros and cons of the game?

I have heard A LOT of negativity surrounding the game. But I have lately been playing through Skyrim on PS4 (and loving it!) and plan to try to get through Fallout 4 (I dropped off in the past). So I am kinda on a Bethesda high right now (even tho the collectors edition controversy makes me ill towards Bethesda). But I am genuinely interested in 76 to purchase it down the road.

I can tell you why I enjoy it.
  • Freedom to explore a large, open world including a variety of biomes
  • Resource gathering
  • Crafting
  • Perk card system
  • Basic survival mechanics (hunger, dehydration, radiation, disease)
  • Camp building
  • Shooting is improved over Fallout 4
  • Ability to play solo and at my own pace
  • The "Fallout aesthetic"
It scratches an itch I didn't know I had. That is, I had always considered myself someone who needs a strong story to move them through the world. Fallout 76's story is extremely lean, and yet I find it compelling me to engage with the systems where and when they interest me, not when the story directs me to do so.

I definitely see why others are dissatisfied with this game. I'm not. To each their own I suppose.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Anything to do with duplicate cards with an already maxed out perk card? I'm not having good luck with the card packs :(

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Does the perk apply to stash? I'm maxed out on my stash. I think I need to throw out some steel or other junk I don't use much. Ammo is also killing my storage since I only use .308 so have surplus in everything else.

If you got em stored, get rid of Missiles, grenades, mines. They weigh a lot and really not worth it to just hoard em in storage. Each missile is a stupid 3lbs

Anything to do with duplicate cards with an already maxed out perk card? I'm not having good luck with the card packs :(

Keep em in case you want to swap out perks. Sometimes you might put in another card and have points left over, in such a case a lower level of a perk card comes in handy.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
You can nab a bunch at Sugar Grove. There's a ton of fans/globes/etc in there.

Yeah, I need to check that out.

It doesn't apply to the stash, but you shouldn't be having a problem with the stash as long as you aren't hoarding useless stuff. Get rid of those missiles.

I haven't maxed it out once since they bumped it to 600 lbs.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I need to check that out.

It doesn't apply to the stash, but you shouldn't be having a problem with the stash as long as you aren't hoarding useless stuff. Get rid of those missiles.

I haven't maxed it out once since they bumped it to 600 lbs.
Same here. I was up around 580 before I ditched a ton of useless stuff. Now I barely scratch 450.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I can tell you why I enjoy it.
  • Freedom to explore a large, open world including a variety of biomes
  • Resource gathering
  • Crafting
  • Perk card system
  • Basic survival mechanics (hunger, dehydration, radiation, disease)
  • Camp building
  • Shooting is improved over Fallout 4
  • Ability to play solo and at my own pace
  • The "Fallout aesthetic"
It scratches an itch I didn't know I had. That is, I had always considered myself someone who needs a strong story to move them through the world. Fallout 76's story is extremely lean, and yet I find it compelling me to engage with the systems where and when they interest me, not when the story directs me to do so.

I definitely see why others are dissatisfied with this game. I'm not. To each their own I suppose.

Thank you for the reply :-). Def think I will be picking it up after i see some good faith from Bethesda - updates, improvements, added content, etc. I just want to know this game will be supported and not left to die.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Very sad about the canned meat stew changes :-(

I had to look up what this was in the notes, and oh man. I wish they'd kept that in, that's hilarious.

Overall, looks like a good set of changes! Disappointed in the nerf to .308 ammo (oh god I'm already running out of it all the time) but there are some fixes in the patch notes that I honestly didn't expect them to address so soon/ever, like "can't place CAMP/workshop item with 'Item is floating' message even though build screen shows green for the item" or "bees are no longer invisible." And hurray, no more infinite loading screen crashes!

Now I guess we wait to see what NEW bugs they've introduced.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017

Yeah, me and a buddy I play with we're just saying the same thing. They need to be worrying about bugs, glitches, and stability - not trying to take away my ammo (of course .308 is what I normally use) and "balancing" shit that didn't need to be balanced.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
2nd nerf affecting workshops, they dont realize how most workshops are ignored? They are a cool feature of the game that ppl ignore and should be promoting people to use them, not avoid them.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Is there another nerf besides them removing public XP for crafting that I missed?

In last weeks patch they nerfed the resource collectors at workshops reducing the rate of production of their goods. They also switched resources to provide ore instead of scraps, so players need to get acid and smelt the ore down to get the scraps. They keep nerfing the rewards of workshops.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, me and a buddy I play with we're just saying the same thing. They need to be worrying about bugs, glitches, and stability - not trying to take away my ammo (of course .308 is what I normally use) and "balancing" shit that didn't need to be balanced.

Yeah, this patch is so damn strange. Like, sure - it fixes some things. But it also made the act of playing the game more...Annoying?

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Great set of fixes with a long road to go, but it does go to show that the excuses they originally gave for not implementing some of these fixes were complete BS.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
In last weeks patch they nerfed the resource collectors at workshops reducing the rate of production of their goods. They also switched resources to provide ore instead of scraps, so players need to get acid and smelt the ore down to get the scraps. They keep nerfing the rewards of workshops.

This nerf was kind of a weird one, because originally I thought they nerfed ALL metals, but it turns out it only applied to "high-level" metals. So uranium and I think aluminum, for example, turned into ore, but lead didn't. I'd have to double-check, though. In one very specific case I think the nerf made a little bit of sense: fusion cores probably shouldn't have been produced at a rate of 17 an hour. Once an hour feels too low, though, especially once you get high enough in level to start tackling groups of Robobrains and feasting on the fusion cores within.

But generally, yeah, Bethesda doesn't seem to know what it is they want to do with workshops. I can see an argument for not making them more compelling--as I've said before, I feel like it convinces people to camp workshops a lot to make sure they're collecting material on a regular basis, which is at odds with getting out there and exploring the world. But a) I'm not sure a lot of people besides me see that as a problem, and b) that's not a problem you fix by making workshops less useful in general.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny they changed the feed the people quest, I thought having all the other people on the server be the ones you were feeding was pretty clever. And then they spoil that by saying it was unintentional. After the update the coming to fruition quest is still broken for me. Starting to feel like taking a break from this game.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite carry weight being patched out is a real bummer. But now that I'm level 72 it might not be too bad. I find it's my aid items that are really weighing me down. I'm only rolling with one rifle and a sword.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, this patch is so damn strange. Like, sure - it fixes some things. But it also made the act of playing the game more...Annoying?

Exactly. One of my other friends who's Level 87 is all "bro - I'll just craft you a bunch of .308. It's no big deal."
I can craft my own, but that's just that much more upkeep I need to maintain just to play the game. On top of rads, food, water, durability of equipment, now I have to worry that much more about running out of ammo.
I'd heard that a future patch was going to make armor/weapon repair a bit easier and require less rarer items, like ballistic fiber, to accomplish. After seeing this patch, I doubt Bethesda will implement that. It shouldn't be more efficient to scrap/rebuild existing armor I like versus repairing what I have.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Exactly. One of my other friends who's Level 87 is all "bro - I'll just craft you a bunch of .308. It's no big deal."
I can craft my own, but that's just that much more upkeep I need to maintain just to play the game. On top of rads, food, water, durability of equipment, now I have to worry that much more about running out of ammo.
I'd heard that a future patch was going to make armor/weapon repair a bit easier and require less rarer items, like ballistic fiber, to accomplish. After seeing this patch, I doubt Bethesda will implement that. It shouldn't be more efficient to scrap/rebuild existing armor I like versus repairing what I have.

White knight perk reduces the requirements to repair already.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Try to exit, game crashes. Okay Todd I'll never end then.

Also with Fallout76Custom.ini putting my FOV to 100 has anyone noticed if the in-game setting overrides that? I would kind of presume so because it would be calling from the Fallout76Prefs.ini and I "think" that overrides your custom ini. Also is it actually first and third person FoV the in-game setting changes?

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
So many ppl shooting mini nukes and missiles today. I've seen containers in the newbie areas just filled with items and vendors are full of legendaries. The weight issues post the carry weight glitch is real, lol.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
First Launch. All solo. It was.... a blast. Is there a discord yet? Wanna get people together for a queen run.

Rvf9ep4.jpg

rNW4xEx.jpg

Launched and immediately fast traveled to my camp right outside the blast.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The bulldoze function barely works.

While in build mode, the bulldoze function will delete a tree or rock, yet whats the point when it still doesn't let you put down anything on top of the area half the time. Also it needs to function where it erases not just the base of an item, but stuff like branches. I can erase a tree in my area, but not one of it's branches that is blocking my construction. Try to erase the tree first, nope can't place anything on the area despite the tree going away. Also had same with rocks, some will go away yet I can't build on it despite it being totally flat ground and same level as everything around it that lets you build on.

The feature only works on a very small section of terrain features too, various rocks and trees and debris is still immune to the function.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
So even less .308 from drops now. Time to shelf my MG42.

I don't understand how people are having this problem. I keep having to throw away .308 and it is my main ammo. I'm actually happy they are restricting it cause fallout is more fun when you have to save resources, especially bullets.

Also, the people complaining about having to keep track of resources, you do realize this is a survival game and that is kinda a main point of survival?

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I don't understand how people are having this problem. I keep having to throw away .308 and it is my main ammo. I'm actually happy they are restricting it cause fallout is more fun when you have to save resources, especially bullets.

Also, the people complaining about having to keep track of resources, you do realize this is a survival game and that is kinda a main point of survival?

Are you using machine guns? On large enemies and groups, stuff like the MG will go through hundreds of rounds in a single encounter easy. The MG42 empties it's entire base drum of ammo in about 5 seconds.

For semi autos the ammo is plentiful enough for the DPS you do, but machine gun damage is pathetic and depends on masses of rapid fire plinking. They did buff em by 20%, but still ammo issues make them weapons you really can't primary use

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Are you using machine guns? On large enemies and groups, stuff like the MG will go through hundreds of rounds in a single encounter easy. The MG42 empties it's entire base drum of ammo in about 5 seconds.

For semi autos the ammo is plentiful enough for the DPS you do, but machine gun damage is pathetic and depends on masses of rapid fire plinking. They did buff em by 20%, but still ammo issues make them weapons you really can't primary use

Ah, yeah, only machine gun I have is a 10mm and yes, it makes ammo very hard to come by. But... I kinda find fallout best when I have to worry about each bullet (and I've learned you always carry different types of guns with you). But yeah, early on in fallout games are more fun to me then when I'm late game and overpowered and ammo and money is so available I don't know what to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.