• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Silos still borked?

It was so strange playing all evening yesterday and not doing a single blast zone.

I did get some work done on my camp though. Here's my latest:

jFJCFql.jpg

DIchNET.jpg

Built into the monorail car and I use it as a living quarters. Have a sleeping bag, lamp, clock and locker in the cockpit of the train car.

The substation I built at the base of the pylon has power running up to the train and goes along tbe top, then into a conduit system under the walls of the house.

Going to do some revisions today. I'll update with progress!

Oct 27, 2017
Silos still borked?

It was so strange playing all evening yesterday and not doing a single blast zone.

I did get some work done on my camp though. Here's my latest:

jFJCFql.jpg

DIchNET.jpg

Built into the monorail car and I use it as a living quarters. Have a sleeping bag, lamp, clock and locker in the cockpit of the train car.

The substation I built at the base of the pylon has power running up to the train and goes along tbe top, then into a conduit system under the walls of the house.

Going to do some revisions today. I'll update with progress!
That looks great. I was skeptical how settlements would work in this game but have been pleasantly surprised, I've had mine up for about 3 weeks now along a river making purified water. I thought I'd have to move it numerous times but haven't touched it once.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how y'all do it. I would be constantly frightened that someone was going to destroy my settlement. I spend so much time whenever I move a camp just trying to find a spot that's somewhat camouflaged.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I don't know how y'all do it. I would be constantly frightened that someone was going to destroy my settlement. I spend so much time whenever I move a camp just trying to find a spot that's somewhat camouflaged.

If somebody wrecks your camp it's only going to cost you some junk to repair it. It's not a big deal, IMO.

That said, a guy who was wearing the military outfit and the Hitler mustache and his pal broke into my camp while I was in there and messed with me until I jumped servers. It was annoying to say the least.

They broke my generators and a few walls but I repaired it easily.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

I've never had a camp destroyed, players seem to avoid them as there is no gain or point in destroying someone's stuff. Also nukes? Nukes are kind of stupid really, as the player base knows the places ideal to drop them for max gain, so players just keep nuking the exact same spots. About 80% of the nukes I've seen have been dropped in the same exact two spots on the map.

The whole nuke system is so poorly thought out.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
If somebody wrecks your camp it's only going to cost you some junk to repair it. It's not a big deal, IMO.

That said, a guy who was wearing the military outfit and the Hitler mustache and his pal broke into my camp while I was in there and messed with me until I jumped servers. It was annoying to say the least.

They broke my generators and a few walls but I repaired it easily.

I think mostly I still carry trauma from the game's launch, when I had my entire camp disappear and couldn't rebuild weapon and armor workbenches for days because of lack of screws/springs/etc. Never going through that again.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
That looks great. I was skeptical how settlements would work in this game but have been pleasantly surprised, I've had mine up for about 3 weeks now along a river making purified water. I thought I'd have to move it numerous times but haven't touched it once.
Ive moved mine a couple times from just trying to find new spots that work when I change the whole thing around.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I moved my camp near vault 94, it's on a big body of water which is nice apart from the fast traveling spawn point which is always in water. I'm over 100 hours in the game and I've only had 1 duo attack me and a friend, everyone else I've encountered just waves at me. Hell, yesterday I ran into a lower level player and I spent/wasted my resources just to craft them a fully modded hunting rifle for their level.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So how hard (besides possible disconnections and crashes) is Queen? I want to get Platinum for Fallout 76, but it seems impossible without decent group. Unfortunately I don't have any friends that play the game or even intent to. I'm currently at level 50, so I guess I would have to level up a bit further.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just gotta hope you're in a server with a bunch of high level people. Beat the Queen for the first time yesterday and there were a bunch of ppl over level 100 with some good weapons. We still ended up cutting it close, they need to give us Dragonrend or something to get the fucker to land.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Just gotta hope you're in a server with a bunch of high level people. Beat the Queen for the first time yesterday and there were a bunch of ppl over level 100 with some good weapons. We still ended up cutting it close, they need to give us Dragonrend or something to get the fucker to land.

Yeah mechanically this game is missing the means to combat flying enemies properly

Maybe we need more tracking rocket launchers or SOMETHING

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I posted here. Hit level 100. Was stuck on a mission for the longest time. Coming to fruition. I couldn't load the master holotape into a terminal. Was looking through the bethesda support forms and found a solution that totally worked for me. I know there was someone else stuck at the same mission so I wanted to repeat it here. Put all your holotapes, except the master tape and the overseers tapes, into your stash. Go to the terminal and you should be able to load it now. Hope that helps anyone stuck at that point. Now I only have the nuke mission left but might wait for buds to catch up and do it as a group.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to hearing what the events are going to be. I've taken a break from 76 to play other stuff but once the events go live I'll probably jump back in.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Feels weird... haven't played in a week. Ice been productive as a result, but I'm itching to get back. I'll wait until a bit new content comes out... got tired of legendary hunting.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Feels weird... haven't played in a week. Ice been productive as a result, but I'm itching to get back. I'll wait until a bit new content comes out... got tired of legendary hunting.

Yeah, end game is kinda boring right now. I made a list of stuff I can do to occupy time:

- Nuke mats plus flux
- I'm a sniper so looking out for shielded raider plan which I read can drop from the blackwater mine uranium event which I haven't seen pop yet
- Complete I Am Become Death on Fissure Prime
- BoS dailies
- Make a cool camp, but this one I might hold off until they add more things and make it more robust. I also suck at being creative and making cool camps. lol
- Level grinding for new perk cards. I'm level 80 right now and after doing a major respec of my SPECIAL I am missing a lot of cards needed for a good stealth / sniper build.
- Legendary looting
- Unlock as many mods / plans / recipes as possible. I feel like I might be done with recipes, haven't come across a new one in ages.
- Have a set of each PA.. only one I have left for a full set is the 51b
- Complete as many challenges as possible

A lot of that though is either grindy busywork or just not worth the effort currently.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a ton of the supply drop holotapes. What is the best relay tower to use to get higher level gear to drop? Or is it all the same?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Out in the bog, I think south of watoga if I remember right, one of the empty brotherhood places has 2 of the anti-air things. Last time I was there had a neutral SB flying around. Pretty easy kill. Or you could hang around whitesprings to get the one near there for an easy robo assist.

Man, I just did the BoS daily and the rewards are crap. Do you know if there's a chance the daily can drop anything cool or unique? If not, it's a waste of time.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Man, I just did the BoS daily and the rewards are crap. Do you know if there's a chance the daily can drop anything cool or unique? If not, it's a waste of time.

None of the events seem worth it now. I do enclave from time to time because they are super fast but that's it. Legendaries are good in uranium fever but it ends up being faster to farm whitespring. After getting the 10k caps neon letter signs, I really gave run out of things to do.

That being said, whatever happened to the free fallout 1 and 2? That could hold me over.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
None of the events seem worth it now. I do enclave from time to time because they are super fast but that's it. Legendaries are good in uranium fever but it ends up being faster to farm whitespring. After getting the 10k caps neon letter signs, I really gave run out of things to do.

That being said, whatever happened to the free fallout 1 and 2? That could hold me over.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if the BoS dailies had the potential to reward BoS specific armors, paints, plans, mods, etc.

I need the shielded mod for Raider armor since it's the best stats for stealth snipers and I read that plan comes from the Uranium event so I'm currently on the lookout for that. Did one earlier but didn't get anything worthwhile.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yeah, I just wasn't sure if the BoS dailies had the potential to reward BoS specific armors, paints, plans, mods, etc.

I need the shielded mod for Raider armor since it's the best stats for stealth snipers and I read that plan comes from the Uranium event so I'm currently on the lookout for that. Did one earlier but didn't get anything worthwhile.

Power or regular raider armor? I think the raider robot shop has both in rotation randomly if you server hop. Check plans and mods.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm switching back to hybrid commando/pistols as pistols aren't cutting it other than my explosive revolver which ends up killing myself when mobs get close.

I tried the various rifles and they just aren't cutting it on mobs either. Having to squeeze the trigger endlessly gets old.

A handmade automatic rifle with a suppressor and a drum magazine chews up mobs nicely.

So I'll use my explosive revolver for sniping long range and switching over to the handmade for mobs and stealthing. Need to build a pipe rifle or SMG so I'm not burning 5.56 on trash mobs and then keep tweaking from there.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Ever since I looted a two shot lever and put a suppressor on it it's the only ranged weapon I use now. For enemies up close I use my All Rise sledge (90% reduced weight) and I use a throwaway knife that weighs 1 pound for trash mobs.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I looted a two shot lever and put a suppressor on it it's the only ranged weapon I use now. For enemies up close I use my All Rise sledge (90% reduced weight) and I use a throwaway knife that weighs 1 pound for trash mobs.

You know where you looted the lever? I still have never found one but did get the plans at a vendor thank God. I'm just too cheap to make them and salvage lol

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The complete silence still on this game is ridiculous. So many people who I knew that were playing have already moved on. After such a bad launch, you would think they would be trying to salvage this, but wow.....

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
You know where you looted the lever? I still have never found one but did get the plans at a vendor thank God. I'm just too cheap to make them and salvage lol

It was from a random legendary ghoul near Harper's Ferry. I don't know if specific legendaries drop from certain areas, I think I just got very lucky.

The complete silence still on this game is ridiculous. So many people who I knew that were playing have already moved on. After such a bad launch, you would think they would be trying to salvage this, but wow.....
They clearly don't seem to support / update it like a multiplayer game / service. It'll just rot away and the player base is going to increasingly shrink.

They released the game at an awful time because of the extended holiday break which equates to excess silence. I agree the updates and hotfixes have been pretty lackluster but I'm still hopeful they release some sort of 2019 roadmap for players and actually try to bounce this game back with some major updates and fixes in the next few months.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They released the game at an awful time because of the extended holiday break which equates to excess silence. I agree the updates and hotfixes have been pretty lackluster but I'm still hopeful they release some sort of 2019 roadmap for players and actually try to bounce this game back with some major updates and fixes in the next few months.

Even with the holiday, the team should have a roadmap and plan for the upcoming work/updates of content for the game. Outside some vague comments, nothing. Heck even EA with the debacle during the same time of year with Battlefront 2, were putting out info on their game plans to try and keep ppl invested.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, I think it's been pretty apparent Bethesda has been ill prepared to handle an online game like this so far. Hopefully they show us a glimmer of hope this year.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Christ, game is beyond broken. This was my experience of first time beating Queen with bunch of people on server. Suffice to say it was awful:

I still have love/hate releationship with the game, but this is unacceptable.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The complete silence still on this game is ridiculous.

The game was released on the 14th of November. Let's take a look at how silent they have been:

December...
A LOOK AHEAD TO 2019

Our sights are set for future updates. In mid-January, we will be releasing another patch that contains many fixes, including fixes for the Lever-Action Rifle reload animation, some perk cards, and we're dealing some crowd control at the Whitespring by implementing a fix for the robots duplicating on the resort grounds. Full patch notes will be available at a later date that covers all the fixes featured in this update.

We understand that sometimes the patch notes themselves aren't enough, and you want to know why we're making certain balance changes or adjustment. Beginning in 2019, patch notes will include some brief thoughts from our developers that hopefully gives the community more insight into the changes we're making and why.

We're also hard at work on a new mode where you can work together, or not, without PVP restrictions. We're already having fun playing it at the office and we're hopeful to roll it out to all of you sometime in the first quarter of the year.

This is just the beginning of new content and continued updates. We'll have a lot more to share throughout 2019.

January...

Later this month, we are providing resolutions by way of new patches for Fallout 76. Like our December 11 update, we will have a big update that will address many of the issues you've been providing feedback on. Full patch notes will follow soon.

We're also building an incredible list of future updates that we can't wait to share, including new quests, weekly in-game events, new Vaults opening, a new PvP mode, Player Vending and much more.

Before this they were giving out updates weekly...

FALLOUT 76 PATCH NOTES – DECEMBER 11, 2018

FALLOUT 76: INSIDE THE VAULT – DECEMBER 4, 2018
As we approach the end of 2018, we have a few more details to share with you about our current patch schedule....(con't)
https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...2/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-december-4-2018

FALLOUT 76 PATCH NOTES – DECEMBER 4, 2018

They even outlined what they were going to do in December prior... in the month of November (when the game launched):
FALLOUT 76: INSIDE THE VAULT – NOVEMBER 27, 2018
A huge thanks to all of you who have been playing Fallout 76 and embarking on this journey with us. Millions of you are playing the game, and playing it a lot. We love hearing your stories, sharing your photos, and fighting alongside you in the quest to rebuild Appalachia.

As we continue to read your feedback and watch your streams, we understand there are also a number of frustrating issues. We want you to know that we're committed to rolling out fixes and features on a regular basis, and implementing changes based on your feedback. We also continue to work on an incredible list of updates for the game, including new quests and events, new Vaults opening, a faction-based PvP system, and much more. We're confident, with your support, we can make Fallout 76 an incredible experience for years to come.

Going forward, we'll also be posting "Inside the Vault" articles like this one on a regular basis to keep you updated about what we're working on.

UPCOMING PATCHES
We're eager to get improvements for Fallout 76 into your hands as soon as we can. Even though we're sharing some patch dates with you today, please keep in mind that timing may shift based on a variety of reasons, like server stability or other needs. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let folks know here on the official website and our social media channels as we get closer to each release.

Let's take a look at what's coming up over the next few weeks:

December 4, 2018

Next week's update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We'll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday's update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

• Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we're happy to share that we're increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
  • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature's difficulty and level.
  • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
  • Respawning When Overencumbered: We've resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
  • Stuck in Power Armor: We've addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We're also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018

The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we're also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

• PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
  • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you'll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
  • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you'll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don't attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
  • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it's easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
We know the size of our previous patch on November 19 was very large, and downloading it was a frustrating experience for many of you—especially those who primarily play Fallout 76 on consoles. We hear you, and we're working to reduce our patch sizes going forward so that you can get back into game as soon as possible on patch days.

This is not silent. This is pretty loud actually. The game launched in a horrible state, but they are working on it. I wanna see how this ride ends.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The game was released on the 14th of November. Let's take a look at how silent they have been:

December...

January...

Before this they were giving out updates weekly...

https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...2/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-december-4-2018

They even outlined what they were going to do in December prior... in the month of November (when the game launched):

This is not silent. This is pretty loud actually. The game launched in a horrible state, but they are working on it. I wanna see how this ride ends.

Patching and breaking the game each time is expected, any online game is expected to have regular maintenance. We should be happy for their support in trying to patch up a broken release? But then when their updates fail to fix things and there is still a huge list of things they need to work on, it doesn't exactly make for an exciting future. So what are the future plans, wheres the new content, when are we getting details of these supposed events?

The complaint about silence is the complete lack of them trying to tackle the critique, no new plans etc. Most online focused give clear road maps, they preview new content, they build anticipation. What is the anticipation for Fallout 76? Oh they are fixing the lever action rifles reload!!!! Ermeghawd.

If you don't keep your population engaged and anticipating new material, building up hype, you are just bleeding users.

Yes they have repeatedly said since November "more is coming". Big whoop, show us something. Pretty much everyone I know who was playing the game has already shelved the game sadly, just bug fixing is not gonna keep their interest.

The game has been plagued with negative reviews, reactions, controversy. How is Bethesda fixing this? Other titles are proactive with their communities, pumping out new updates, new content, showing off their plans, reassuring their player base. Bethesda needs to be more proactive with the game, they need to keep the game selling, keep the player base interested, cause if they bleed users, it's just gonna end up killing the games longevity and long term support. They need to turn things around. Even ESO after its bad launch, was back to back on content, new plans, new initiatives to turn the game around.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
We should be happy for their support in trying to patch up a broken release?
Not sure where this comment came from? I never said this? The rest of your post also doesn't seem to address my original comment at all either.

I'll put it plainly: You claimed there was too much silence. I just want to to say no. No there isn't too much silence.

That's all.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The complaint about silence is the complete lack of them trying to tackle the critique, no new plans etc. Most online focused give clear road maps, they preview new content, they build anticipation. What is the anticipation for Fallout 76? Oh they are fixing the lever action rifles reload!!!! Ermeghawd.

Their Twitter account today announced they'll be discussing the next two updates in their 'Inside the Vault' blog tomorrow. Perhaps you could see if they answer your concerns then.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Still spending loads of time with this game even after 200+ hours. I only have 2 more objectives left to do. Launch a nuke and kill a scorchbeast queen. I don't have enough friends that play the game on xbox so I'm not sure I'll be able to take down the queen. Excited for new content. Hopefully they touch on it in the blog post tomorrow.

How hard is a silo run solo?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Still spending loads of time with this game even after 200+ hours. I only have 2 more objectives left to do. Launch a nuke and kill a scorchbeast queen. I don't have enough friends that play the game on xbox so I'm not sure I'll be able to take down the queen. Excited for new content. Hopefully they touch on it in the blog post tomorrow.

Though I'm probably too wee to lend any help end game matey, my Xbone copy finally showed up yesterday and I'm pretty alone XBL friends wise too. I am EU if that helps/hinders please send a FR to Randomlampy and if you're still with the game once I've gained some levels I'll join you.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Really don't need friends to kill a Queen, just a server full of capable people because once the nuke is launched it's cool to go to the map and see every white dot flock there. Killed the Queen once and it was with the server and 3 randoms that asked me to join their group to help them with the Wendigo cave.

I launched a nuke once. Was around level 75 with decent weapons. It's not super hard will just be tedious. The turrets were the worst part but I've heard you can negate that with hacking. I just left thinking it would be hell without power armor.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the Inside The Vault post basically confirms that they're focusing on patching for the rest of January. I was under the impression they'd be running new events this month but I guess I was wrong. /shrugs

Status
Not open for further replies.