• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was doing so well, killed 2 people but had no stimpacks and was running around in circles for my life. What pissed me off is that I spawned at Flatwoods with 2 other people who were nearby, they heard the battle and nobody made their way to me. Finally get downed and as I'm being teabagged a teammate shows up to kill em.

Would be more pissed but I did win a game 2 games ago with another group that was actually pretty cool.

Is the Lever Rifle good in NW?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Debating on picking this up. It's entirely playable in solo correct?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The scaling in the Savage Divide is fucked. Went there as a level 35 with my level 33 wife and we ran into a level 60 Sentry Bot and a level 53 Mr Gutsy.

She got killed and I barely managed to kill both of them after using like 10 stimpacks and breaking two rifles.

Also it's super annoying you can't respec until after level 50.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
The scaling in the Savage Divide is fucked. Went there as a level 35 with my level 33 wife and we ran into a level 60 Sentry Bot and a level 53 Mr Gutsy.

She got killed and I barely managed to kill both of them after using like 10 stimpacks and breaking two rifles.

Also it's super annoying you can't respec until after level 50.
If a higher level player was nearby the game might of scaled to that player.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
What is this fucking game?

I'm a huge Fallout fan but I really don't like this and don't understand the intention behind a lot of the design choices.

For the first 10 hours or so I thought that I would be able to enjoy just doing the main quest and seeing a bunch of the world but even that doesn't seem possible.

I still only have 400 caps and I'm constantly chipping away at that fast traveling and relocating my camp.

I can't accrue a good chunk of ammo for the rifle I'm using because it's not one of the types that scorched or mutants often carry. Just buy some, right? It's so expensive and as I mentioned above I have very few credits.

The main quest has taken me up a mountain range to the east of the initial area. I'm helping Rose out. Many of the monsters are 10 levels above me (I'm level 11) if not 20 levels above me. Why? Was I meant to grind out a fuckton of XP in the initial areas? It takes forever to level up and I hate the perk system (especially compared to how leveling up works in New Vegas or even FO4).

I really don't like the whole crafting aspect they introduced in FO4 and this game has even more of it. I can't even reliably find aluminium to fix up my weapons. It's hard to enjoy this game if you just want to cruise around, check out the world and maybe complete a quest here or there.

I also haven't found any new, and more importantly better, weapons since the first few hours. I can't afford plans either, not by a long shot. Is what you find connected to your level like FO4?

Basically, this game seems to emphasize the stuff that isn't fun from FO4 and other MMO survival games and in doing so makes it hard to enjoy the aspects that are there (in FO76) from the earlier games that I find enjoyable.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
What is this fucking game?

I'm a huge Fallout fan but I really don't like this and don't understand the intention behind a lot of the design choices.

For the first 10 hours or so I thought that I would be able to enjoy just doing the main quest and seeing a bunch of the world but even that doesn't seem possible.

I still only have 400 caps and I'm constantly chipping away at that fast traveling and relocating my camp.

I can't accrue a good chunk of ammo for the rifle I'm using because it's not one of the types that scorched or mutants often carry. Just buy some, right? It's so expensive and as I mentioned above I have very few credits.

The main quest has taken me up a mountain range to the east of the initial area. I'm helping Rose out. Many of the monsters are 10 levels above me (I'm level 11) if not 20 levels above me. Why? Was I meant to grind out a fuckton of XP in the initial areas? It takes forever to level up and I hate the perk system (especially compared to how leveling up works in New Vegas or even FO4).

I really don't like the whole crafting aspect they introduced in FO4 and this game has even more of it. I can't even reliably find aluminium to fix up my weapons. It's hard to enjoy this game if you just want to cruise around, check out the world and maybe complete a quest here or there.

I also haven't found any new, and more importantly better, weapons since the first few hours. I can't afford plans either, not by a long shot. Is what you find connected to your level like FO4?

Basically, this game seems to emphasize the stuff that isn't fun from FO4 and other MMO survival games and in doing so makes it hard to enjoy the aspects that are there (in FO76) from the earlier games that I find enjoyable.
While the game is most definitely not for everyone it does sound like your trying to run before you can walk.
At lvl 11 you may want to do some stuff around Flatwoods to gain some XP.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
While the game is most definitely not for everyone it does sound like your trying to run before you can walk.
At lvl 11 you may want to do some stuff around Flatwoods to gain some XP.

Are there a bunch of easy and quick quests? I guess I'll head back there and leave the main quest alone for a while.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Are there a bunch of easy and quick quests? I guess I'll head back there and leave the main quest alone for a while.
Try doing some events around Flatwoods for XP and a few junk runs to clear an area out for either resources or stuff to sell. The woodyard and little moonshine hut near Vault 76 both have ticks that can be killed and used to create stuff. Also the woodyard has concretealloy and of course wood to gather although the concrete blocks are hard to find(can list if you get stuck).
Take your time and don't forget region's are sort of linked to player level. As an example on one account I got to Whitesprings and set a camp up at lvl 7,this was a big mistake...

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Try doing some events around Flatwoods for XP and a few junk runs to clear an area out for either resources or stuff to sell. The woodyard and little moonshine hut near Vault 76 both have ticks that can be killed and used to create stuff. Also the woodyard has concretealloy and of course wood to gather although the concrete blocks are hard to find(can list if you get stuck).
Take your time and don't forget region's are sort of linked to player level. As an example on one account I got to Whitesprings and set a camp up at lvl 7,this was a big mistake...

Thanks for the advice! I'll give those suggestions a try.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up chasing a defenseless player half way around the map with an axe today in NW. The Fallout 76 equivalent of reenacting a slasher film from the 70s/80s.

Quite the work out. Either that dude was going solo or his team was NOT looking out for him.

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017
Just hit 70, been playing solo mostly. Done all main quests except launching the nuke. Don't really have great gear yet. Anybody playing on xbox hit me up for whatever. GT is same as my username.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
If a higher level player was nearby the game might of scaled to that player.

This has always been a really crummy system, the game already has issues with how zones are populated with huge groups of mobs as they seem to be thinking of multiple players playing together, but when you have a small army in a lower level quest zone all scaled up, it just is a real bummer and happens way too often especially the longer the game is out, the higher level players are just screwing the zone scaling all the time.

As for the savage divide, it really does have a HUGE jump in difficulty even without the scaling.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
PC players were on the ball tonight, double nukes on prime site and we killed the Queen with 24mins to spare! Some nice stable flux as a reward so a good night's hunting.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Decided to grab it since it's on sale and I have GameStop credit. Will dive in soon. I am not expecting the world but am having that Fallout itch.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn..

You know, I have fun with Nuclear Winter but they really need to increase the XP gain abit.

Feel like I could play a thousand games and still only be rank 50.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Goddamn..

You know, I have fun with Nuclear Winter but they really need to increase the XP gain abit.

Feel like I could play a thousand games and still only be rank 50.
Yeah I just reached rank 30. Feel like I may never get the rest of the info in the vault because getting to the 80s and higher feels so far atm with the amount of xp I get.

I just did get the dreaded Frog Legs but can't use it because my Agility isn't high enough.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I just reached rank 30. Feel like I may never get the rest of the info in the vault because getting to the 80s and higher feels so far atm with the amount of xp I get.

I just did get the dreaded Frog Legs but can't use it because my Agility isn't high enough.
Its really dumb that SPECIAL stats matter at all in NW since its a very different game style where people can find themselves playing a lot differently from how they've built their character in adventure mode. I'm a melee tank in adventure mode while I rely more on stealth and guns in NW since everything shreds through you.

They need to allow you to set your own seperate stats for NW or have SPECIAL not be a requirement at all for what perks you can equip. I would prefer the latter.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Its really dumb that SPECIAL stats matter at all in NW since its a very different game style where people can find themselves playing a lot differently from how they've built their character in adventure mode. I'm a melee tank in adventure mode while I rely more on stealth and guns in NW since everything shreds through you.

They need to allow you to set your own seperate stats for NW or have SPECIAL not be a requirement at all for what perks you can equip. I would prefer the latter.
Yup, totally agree. I got a ton of points in STR for the carry weight in adventure but I find it useless in NW. There I am using automatic weapons mostly and would focus on Agility too.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Aye, Completed an entire Chameleon Scout Armor suit, Changes the way you can play. Smashing a Sheepsquatch in the face as it can't pinpoint your location is awesome.

Working on a second set. Already have Bolstering Scout Chest and Arms and looking to pair it with Unyielding legs. But man are those expensive! Luckily Deathclaw hides are going for 2k+ and I keep finding those damn things now that I finished the Possum badge.

Oct 27, 2017
Teamed up today with someone who was well beyond me (level 105 vs 27) and they were so helpful. Said they were part of a group that goes around helping lower level players like me. Gave me a full suit of Excavator armor, which was my first full PA set. Took me to Watoga and other places I hadn't ventured in, so that kinda eased me in gently to the harder regions. Helped me take down my first couple of Scorchbeasts and complete a few events.

I'm normally a solo player but the kindness of this total stranger today reminded me how awesome the shared experience can be. Went to their vending machine towards the end and bought as much as I could from them.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Teamed up today with someone who was well beyond me (level 105 vs 27) and they were so helpful. Said they were part of a group that goes around helping lower level players like me. Gave me a full suit of Excavator armor, which was my first full PA set. Took me to Watoga and other places I hadn't ventured in, so that kinda eased me in gently to the harder regions. Helped me take down my first couple of Scorchbeasts and complete a few events.

I'm normally a solo player but the kindness of this total stranger today reminded me how awesome the shared experience can be. Went to their vending machine towards the end and bought as much as I could from them.

This reminds me that I wish they would make it so if you have pacifist mode on it extended to when you join a team. But I've had people try the grief trick so they could destroy my camp. Luckily at the time it was barebones.

Also found out that with a full set of Chameleon gear you can get teabagged by a Scorchbeast and live!

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Quick list of what is coming this year as per the Quakecon live stream today.

Nuclear Winter: New map - Morgantown. Duplicated perk cards will earn you a overseer ticket which you can redeem for a perk card of your choice.

Normal mode: Events will be free to travel to, show up better and show rewards in a better way. Legendary perk cards (lvl 50+ will receive extra cards). Vault raid will have a weekly mission, a halfway reward and end reward. They said depending on how quick you get it done the better reward. Its 4 man but don't need 4 people to enter, they said its ultra hard if less tho. *New gauss weapons and archery and bows.

Wastelanders: Factions reveled Mothman cult, raiders and settlers. Random encounters with different factions where you can choose which side you help. Dialog more like Fallout 3. They also said, pretty much, it will be a new game with wastelanders.

Pretty packed if you add in to the fact that next week sees the Meat event start,then we have a Halloween event and last of all a Christmas event.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Quick list of what is coming this year as per the Quakecon live stream today.

Nuclear Winter: New map - Morgantown. Duplicated perk cards will earn you a overseer ticket which you can redeem for a perk card of your choice.

Normal mode: Events will be free to travel to, show up better and show rewards in a better way. Legendary perk cards (lvl 50+ will receive extra cards). Vault raid will have a weekly mission, a halfway reward and end reward. They said depending on how quick you get it done the better reward. Its 4 man but don't need 4 people to enter, they said its ultra hard if less tho. *New gauss weapons and archery and bows.

Wastelanders: Factions reveled Mothman cult, raiders and settlers. Random encounters with different factions where you can choose which side you help. Dialog more like Fallout 3. They also said, pretty much, it will be a new game with wastelanders.

Pretty packed if you add in to the fact that next week sees the Meat event start,then we have a Halloween event and last of all a Christmas event.

Nice! You have a link to watch it?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I've slowed down on NW but then again I haven't really been playing much of anything lately, usually just get in and check a few shops, kill some enemies then get off.
Today I decided I wanted to launch a nuke so I do that solo, I spawn at the nearest location and after a few seconds in the blast zone my game crashes lol.

All the new stuff sounds great though.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
48393672966_5d6585ca4d_o.png

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
What does this mean?
For every 50 levels you get a Legendary perk to become a legendary wastelander, so if your level 150 you will get three perks that are above the normal card perks that you currently have.
I guess these are to push players to keep going and to make the Vault raids a challenge.

If anyone is looking for rare stuff my current Xbox selection is Ragnarok Axe,Handmade machine gun,T51 Nuka paint plane,T60 Nuka paint plan,BOS paint T60 set,Military X-01 set,T51 Jet pack plan,T60 Calibrated shocks,Alien Blaster,Alien blaster ammo plan. Also a few bits on PC version.

Last edited:

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
I might have missed it, but when they introduce human NPC, what happens to the original main story? Will it still make sense given the presence of factions like raiders, Mothman cultists, etc? Forgive my curiosity, but it's been a couple of months since I played and I'm a little behind on the news.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
So I gotta say I've been really enjoying this game. I got it for basically free from Amazon via that prime deal and am shocked at the amount of fun I'm having with it given the terrible reviews and word of mouth. That being said my frustration with it has really been growing. The mainline quest just is wildly inconsistent with the leveling. I'm doing missions for rose now and she'll send me to do something that has level 10-15 or even 20 enemies, and then the very next section I'm facing level 50+ enemies and just getting absolutely stomped. I guess I can just go grind it out doing events and stuff, but I don't understand really how the leveling works at all in this game regarding that stuff.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Meat week kinda sucks honestly. The rewards aren't great, and the event is super short if done properly. I was hoping for a worthy follow up to Fasnacht, but this isn't it.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
I've been keeping up the event in the Cranberry Bog as that gets me 5 prime meats. Picked up a Quad Explosive Pump from the Purveyor and have been using it with Enforcer+3. Good Lord that thing is fun. Cripples everything including the Behemoth after a couple shots. He looks funny just laying there unable to move.

As for the loot, It's terrible overall. Only bright spot is if the Behemoth is starred legendary.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get back into this, but oh my god it still runs like garbage. Even on a high end PC at medium settings I get huge framerate drops. The Morgantown Airport Terminal is literally unplayable. I really want to be excited for Wastelanders and play this game consistently, but that'll only happen if they can get it running halfway decent

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Trying to get back into this, but oh my god it still runs like garbage. Even on a high end PC at medium settings I get huge framerate drops. The Morgantown Airport Terminal is literally unplayable. I really want to be excited for Wastelanders and play this game consistently, but that'll only happen if they can get it running halfway decent
Odd it runs great for me maxed out , try installing on a ssd.

As for the meat week event don't forget the rewards are scrip and the other stuff is like a side bonus.
This event is so everyone can get legendary weapons before the vault raid on the 20th.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Odd it runs great for me maxed out , try installing on a ssd.

As for the meat week event don't forget the rewards are scrip and the other stuff is like a side bonus.
This event is so everyone can get legendary weapons before the vault raid on the 20th.
Already installed on one. Hmm, maybe I need to do a fresh driver install or something

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Finally got my pistol build to function by getting an instigating explosive western revolver. I moved 3 points from perception into intelligence and added 3 levels of demolition expert to boost the explosive damage by 40%. Now i have a proper gunslinger!

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Finally got my pistol build to function by getting an instigating explosive western revolver. I moved 3 points from perception into intelligence and added 3 levels of demolition expert to boost the explosive damage by 40%. Now i have a proper gunslinger!
Yep demo perk works well with explosive rounds but have a check for another perk card that increases blast radius because this also works on explosive rounds.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Might be that one, will have to check later when in game.
It does work on any current explosive round or device. My pretty large group always use it for Arkos runs and we always clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.