• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't heard about wild Appalachia but more content is always welcome! We should roll a big group once the pvp survival rolls out and dominate the wasteland

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there's a big ol' ban wave coming through with a potentially high amount of false positives to along with it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Why do assaultron heads suck. Finally got a 2 shot weapon to drop and it was a head and it just sucked. Probably should've given it to my friend but sold it the day before.
Did pick up a vampires lever action so trying to decide whether to keep it or not.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Why do assaultron heads suck. Finally got a 2 shot weapon to drop and it was a head and it just sucked. Probably should've given it to my friend but sold it the day before.
Did pick up a vampires lever action so trying to decide whether to keep it or not.

Weapon balance in this game is a flat out joke right now. Bethesda said they are working on it which includes buffs to energy and heavy weapons in the future.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Weapon balance in this game is a flat out joke right now. Bethesda said they are working on it which includes buffs to energy and heavy weapons in the future.
The laser weapons are actually pretty good, at least for me. Had an automatic laser pistol that are enemies up, currently have mutant slayer ultracite laser rifle that's great.

Assaultron heads just suck for some reason.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
They need to do something about pistols, a pistol/vats build just isn't that viable right now for endgame from what I've heard.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to invest much time in the game until they buff energy weapons. My experience with them has been excruciating. My Tesla Rifle might as well be shooting toothpicks.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda's posted a roadmap for Fallout 76 content this year.

FALLOUT 76 - 100 DAYS, ROADMAP FOR 2019 We've just passed 100 days since the launch of Fallout 76!
There's nothing like the start of something new - for you and for us, and having millions of you join us on this new adventure is humbling for our studio. Thank you for sticking with us as we figure this online experience out together, and we do mean "together."
Thanks to your continuous feedback, we have been able to fix many of the top issues and have made numerous improvements to the game. We also make scores of changes under the hood that aren't as visible. These include changes to improve performance, detect new exploits, and make the experience smoother for everyone. There's still work to do, but we're happy to report that game and server stability has increased over 300% since launch. We're thrilled by how much everyone is playing, with an average time of 4 hours a day.
However, we know the game had a difficult launch, and we've made mistakes along the way. We share in your frustrations when we do. We'll probably make a few more, and when we do, we will work to correct them as quickly as possible. Know that we're fully dedicated to making this game the best it can be - and even more so, a platform for endless Fallout adventures for years to come.
To that end, we're excited to announce some of the new free content we've been working on for Fallout 76 in 2019.
Thanks again for sticking with us. It's a privilege to have such passionate and caring fans. We have big plans for 2019 and we'd love to hear your continued feedback on everything we're doing. We hope you'll keep sharing your thoughts with us on the forums, Reddit, in videos, and streams. Your voices push us to do better and your support has meant everything to us. We'll do our best to earn it.
WILD APPALACHIA
A mythical beast, a lost generation of scouts, and the strongest brew this side of the wasteland. Welcome to Wild Appalachia – a series of new quests, features, events, crafting systems and more starting on March 12 and appearing over several weeks. Wild Appalachia includes:
New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the 'encryptid' secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
NUCLEAR WINTER
RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
Summer will bring another series of major updates to Fallout 76, including Nuclear Winter - an entirely new way to play that changes the rules of the wasteland.
New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
WASTELANDERS
RELEASE: FALL 2019
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Looks promising. Think I'll dust off my file and re-familiarize myself with the game a bit this weekend. Hope my build wasn't nerfed too much in the last couple patches lol.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the prestige system is their answer for baking in perks like Lockpicking so we don't have go keep switching them around.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Always wondered why we couldn't scrap legendary weapons in Fallout 4, nice to finally be able to do it. Roadmap is looking cool, the Vaults will be super interesting.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
anyone have good tips for beginners? I am getting absolutely rekt anywhere I go. I got power armor, but I ran out of fusion cores pretty quickly. All my weapons are garbage, and I have almost no healing items.

Also Im trying the Mayor for a day quest. I was here earlier but struggling a little bit. I left to try to gather stuff and came back, now all enemies are level 68?? im level 13

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
They need to do something about pistols, a pistol/vats build just isn't that viable right now for endgame from what I've heard.

End game being essentially waves of powerful enemies or giant boss creatures, pistols and smaller weapons are never going to be viable for them. Really the whole point of different weapon types is supposed to be playstyle oriented and utility based, which worked well in older fallout titles as they let you play in many different ways.

But when you have MMO like giant boss battles and enemy mobs, the differing play styles don't really work well and it comes down to purely what does best damage for the range you wish to engage in.

Overall though it's a problem with the game in general, they did an awful job of making weapons unique enough, like the problems they are having with energy weapons. The whole point of energy weapons in the older games was that most world creatures and many enemies had poor defense against energy type damage, while it seems like most enemies have a flat damage reduction instead as there is little difference anymore, making energy weapons not as good as most ballistics. As with old Fallouts, the point is supposed to be that some enemies are weaker against certain types of damage but 76 especially seems to have it's armor values all kinds of messed up and its just best to focus on whatever weapon has a the straight highest dmg number instead.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I was messing around yesterday and realized that my build is a one trick pony. Power attack with the All Rise sledge I got at some point. I can kill pretty much anything (in my range while I'm leveling), but my guns are fucking traaaaaash.

I don't want to have to deal with this mutation farming garbage, either. So I'm sort of stuck with a very suboptimal build right now. I WANT to be able to play a gun or melee build, but it sounds like I need to pick one or the other, and that's annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
anyone have good tips for beginners? I am getting absolutely rekt anywhere I go. I got power armor, but I ran out of fusion cores pretty quickly. All my weapons are garbage, and I have almost no healing items.

Also Im trying the Mayor for a day quest. I was here earlier but struggling a little bit. I left to try to gather stuff and came back, now all enemies are level 68?? im level 13
Do you just have a Power Armor frame? It's been awhile but if I remember the frame alone doesn't add any armor protection, it increases strength and protects from fall damage but if you don't have any armor on the frame you're essentially naked.

I very well could be wrong,it's been awhile since I played

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I'm eighteen and I get wrecked too. I dunno if I'm just bad but super mutants destroy me, they have so much health.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
My new character is quite a good time. Still struggle with stims, food, and water...But I did it right by getting the search perks right away for ammo and meds. Definitely helping me out. Also making a point early on to dump shit at the vendors to build up a cap reserve. Only level 11, but it's nice to have a BIT of an idea of what's to come.

Doing a rifle and energy weapon mix/match right now. Going to stick with 1 STR, so no melee and PA is only for nuke zones.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Pray you run into scorched and not Super Mutants. I'm over level 100 and still hate running into Mutants, they wreck me with freaking pipe weapons.

Like Tuttle said, you'd need pieces to actually really be wearing power armor. Learned that the hard way when I tried to enter a blast zone when I first encountered one. Some things just wreck you early on so gotta get some sneak attacks or melee them to death. Mayor for a day would be hard for anyone still early in because Assaultron's are insane.

BlackSalad next time I see you on i'll join. Been on Anthem the last few times I've had time to play.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
haven't had much time to play lately but will dig in this weekend hopefully! Excavator armor material farming yay

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Made additional progress this weekend. I realized that if I want to build up resources and gain XP, I need to legit focus on events. You get a lot of good shit from them, especially early on.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
what happens if you play this on console and you dont have XBL or PS+?

does it mean you are offline and cant be harassed by other players? Because that would be ideal >_>

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
So I was trying to travel to the nearest train station to sell a bunch of assault rifles then happen to attract a Sorchbeast. I then literally turn around and there's 4 of them in the air.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Hello my fellow Vault Dwellers.

So HOW is Fallout 76 now? I have been waiting for months so that it becomes (hopefully) a better experience. Planning on playing it on an Xbox One X.

Can I play it all by myself? Should I wait 2 more months for even more patches?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
You can play by yourself, think I have over 170 hours and most of it was on my own. I love the game but feels like all I can do now is try to get weapons or mods for power armor. Probably should wait for the a week or 2 for the next big update, I think it's coming really soon.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

So HOW is Fallout 76 now? I have been waiting for months so that it becomes (hopefully) a better experience. Planning on playing it on an Xbox One X.

I'm on PC...But.

Its perfectly fine. I only play solo and have really enjoyed exploring the wasteland and learning about the little stuff that happened. Main story is a bit lacking, but it's fine. The huge issues and shit are long since fixed. There are still little issues here and there, but I don't think any major game breaking bugs still exist.

The initial release shit hurt this game. People still consider it garbage because "reasons". If you're at all interested in just wandering and killing shit and leveling up in a Fallout world, you'll have a good time.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

Game is fine solo. I play solo on PC and I have fun and I am looking forward to the updates they put out in the future. Game rightflully gets a lot of crap but at the end of the day its a bethesda game and we all know what we are walking into with those. Running around crafting and finding new stuff is a blast and relaxing as well.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I'm on PC...But.

Its perfectly fine. I only play solo and have really enjoyed exploring the wasteland and learning about the little stuff that happened. Main story is a bit lacking, but it's fine. The huge issues and shit are long since fixed. There are still little issues here and there, but I don't think any major game breaking bugs still exist.

The initial release shit hurt this game. People still consider it garbage because "reasons". If you're at all interested in just wandering and killing shit and leveling up in a Fallout world, you'll have a good time.
Game is fine solo. I play solo on PC and I have fun and I am looking forward to the updates they put out in the future. Game rightflully gets a lot of crap but at the end of the day its a bethesda game and we all know what we are walking into with those. Running around crafting and finding new stuff is a blast and relaxing as well.

Thank you for the quick responses! I will finally order it then.

I'm a huge Fallout fan (mostly because of 1 and 2, but also enjoyed 3 and REALLY enjoyed 4), but I was concerned that the game was simply broken.

The fact that you confirmed that I can play by myself and have a good time is all I needed.

Quick question: How hard will it be to get a full set of T-51 power armor?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

I'm a huge Fallout fan (mostly because of 1 and 2, but also enjoyed 3 and REALLY enjoyed 4), but I was concerned that the game was simply broken.

The fact that you confirmed that I can play by myself and have a good time is all I needed.

Keep in mind that this game is going to be Fallout light. Finding armor is not that hard.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Thanks. Context:

I played 250 hours of Fallout 4 with 100+ cores in a full set of T-51, I also played all of 1 and 2 inside a T-51 so yeah I have to wear that while playing Fallout. Its a major requirement for me.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017

You're in luck! FO76 feels a lot like FO4. 3 was my personal favorite, but mostly because I spent the most time with it. I thought 4 was great.

I would say, one more time, that if you're looking for a killer narrative, you'll probably be disappointed. But there's a lot of fun to be had in discovering and exploring the various areas.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Oh yea, new content stuff / Wild Appalachia starts next week. Not expecting major changes as it just starts ramping up but it'll be nice to see the roadmap begin to roll out.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

A Fallout 4 lover is nice to see lol. I watch Fallout Lore videos and listen to Fallout podcasts and that mainly because of Fallout 3. Started with that game and been playing the games ever since. Love Fallout 4 and even thought about reinstalling it to play the other day just because I liked some of my camps and friendly Deathclaws.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
A Fallout 4 lover is nice to see lol. I watch Fallout Lore videos and listen to Fallout podcasts and that mainly because of Fallout 3. Started with that game and been playing the games ever since. Love Fallout 4 and even thought about reinstalling it to play the other day just because I liked some of my camps and friendly Deathclaws.

Yeah, people hated the speech and dialog system but it all felt pretty Fallout to me. Great game. 1 is still so, so much better overall, but 4 is great (plus it created the best rendition for the Power Armors yet).

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Went on yesterday then saw it was delayed, was on this morning then got a countdown to the servers closing.

For the first time I actually explored the Bunker some more and found the Science Wing lol. Can you find recipes for the drugs and stuff or can you only buy them? I got 2 mutations on me that make me feel like an X-Men, can you get a 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.