• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I'm such a noob.
I am so confused. In fallout 76, if I have push to talk turn on, I can hear everyone in the area but they cant hear me. Even when the key is pushed or not pushed. If I have push to talk turn off, people can hear me, I can't hear anyone.

What am I doing wrong?

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Go space station and collect the space suits (door code 111418) then collect golf outfits from Whitesprings and sell the lot to any vender inside or any train station vender. Dont forget the fusion core from behind space station door and blood pack around the corner.
Do this run daily making sure to sell the guns from mutants or scotched and your caps will jump up.

Visited the space station and picked up a couple space suites and helmets as well as some weapons off the super mutants in the area.

I wasn't able to find the golf outfits from Whitesprings, but it's such a large place I could have easily missed them.

Now I need to find a source for lead so I can keep my ammo reserves high.

Thanks again for the advice.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a noob.
I am so confused. In fallout 76, if I have push to talk turn on, I can hear everyone in the area but they cant hear me. Even when the key is pushed or not pushed. If I have push to talk turn off, people can hear me, I can't hear anyone.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you on PC, because I can never hear anyone on PC even though I see a speaker icon with name next to it. I assume that means someone is talking but I can't hear them.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Are you on PC, because I can never hear anyone on PC even though I see a speaker icon with name next to it. I assume that means someone is talking but I can't hear them.
If your playing on a controller you will still need to bind a key for push to talk.
I had the exact same problem so loaded the game without a controller and did key bindings then loaded back up with controller and it works fine.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Visited the space station and picked up a couple space suites and helmets as well as some weapons off the super mutants in the area.

I wasn't able to find the golf outfits from Whitesprings, but it's such a large place I could have easily missed them.

Now I need to find a source for lead so I can keep my ammo reserves high.

Thanks again for the advice.
The higher your level the more the items are worth.
A space suit at lvl 90 is worth around 50 caps.
The golf skirts or outfits are mostly in the little huts. One is in the hut to the right of the swimming pool near a small car park for golf buggys.
Power core spawn locations in easy areas -

Amusment park left side just down from Vault 76 has two,one in a generator and one in a power armour suit.
-
Whitesprings main driveway leading to front doors has a rusty van just in front of some rusty cars that has a box in the back with fuses and power core.
-
Top left corner of map just to the right of the wood yarf has a small scorched camp that has a power armour with a power core.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
The higher your level the more the items are worth.
A space suit at lvl 90 is worth around 50 caps.
The golf skirts or outfits are mostly in the little huts. One is in the hut to the right of the swimming pool near a small car park for golf buggys.
Power core spawn locations in easy areas -

Amusment park left side just down from Vault 76 has two,one in a generator and one in a power armour suit.
-
Whitesprings main driveway leading to front doors has a rusty van just in front of some rusty cars that has a box in the back with fuses and power core.
-
Top left corner of map just to the right of the wood yarf has a small scorched camp that has a power armour with a power core.

You are da bomb!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So essentially the final quest of the the main storyline is one you really can't solo? The game doesn't really have an "ending" per say I guess.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's soloable, just a bit of a resource drain. Need to bring multiple effective weapon sets, or repair kits/materials for repair. I'm sure there are super efficient ways to do the silos on specific builds, but I haven't bothered, one time was enough for me personally, lol.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
It's soloable, just a bit of a resource drain. Need to bring multiple effective weapon sets, or repair kits/materials for repair. I'm sure there are super efficient ways to do the silos on specific builds, but I haven't bothered, one time was enough for me personally, lol.
Yes for sure,after helping others a few times I dont think it would be a problem solo.
Will get around to it one day lol.

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have not played much at all and got it at launch. I was not a fan of the end game mainly being just melee builds at least that was my understanding. Is this still true are rifle builds good?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I have not played much at all and got it at launch. I was not a fan of the end game mainly being just melee builds at least that was my understanding. Is this still true are rifle builds good?
Try a twin shot mini gun or a mutant slayer laser mini gun(eats fusion cores) these guns will kill stuff pretty quick. The only down side is they are around 18kg each.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
In general I would rather have the scrip. Though if it is a good enough legendary I think I might be able to get some caps for I might try for a bit.

Scrip is really easy to come by just by looping Whitesprings unnuked. Picked up about 10 legendary items from a single run last night.

I'm looking for a decent 2-3* Plasma, Gauss or Tesla Rifle, mostly Plasma because the Plasma flamer is Godly. I wish I could find more people selling Plasma ammo because I don't want to farm anymore copper.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Melee is just popular because no need for ammo. Some of the high end weapons can be ammo hogs or use more expensive ammos.

Melee is also good for dealing with the various fast swarming enemies like the ghoul swarms which with guns can be a pain to deal with when they go all 28 Days Later on you.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I probably worked on my camp for an hour or so last night trying to fiddle with the budget and size to make something nice and it ended up that 1 spot for whatever reason couldn't have a roof built because it was "floating". So damn annoying, I gave up on a roof altogether.

I left my water purifiers unlocked so people can take water if they want, but what they don't know is the top of one of them peeks through the floor of my above ground house where I set a toilet on top of it and bathtub to its side :)

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just done Heart of the enemy quest for the ultra rare achievment.
When doing this quest don't forget to read the mission note on the desk in the Brotherhood building. 200 travel caps later it was an expensive mistake.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So did my first nuke zone. After playing most of the game solo grouping with a bunch of other players taking down a scorchbeast queen was pretty intense and fun!
It was pretty wild.
9957667F2A36D50D51CD321AE4DA68BEF6AA2BE9

961115366C1FEB3044CE5246D9FCBFAEE143E201

100+ hours in and still really enjoying fo76

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So did my first nuke zone. After playing most of the game solo grouping with a bunch of other players taking down a scorchbeast queen was pretty intense and fun!
It was pretty wild.
9957667F2A36D50D51CD321AE4DA68BEF6AA2BE9

961115366C1FEB3044CE5246D9FCBFAEE143E201

100+ hours in and still really enjoying fo76
Nice one!
Getting a decent bunch of players together to kill a queen is not easy.
I joined in on trying to kill a queen once but we just didn't have enough higj level players.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I've been soloing the game and I've noticed something odd. At quest locations, enemies are around the same level as I am. However getting to the location, I'm running into large groups of enemies much higher than I. I try to sneak and avoid them but in the open they often spot me as soon as I spot them. Is this how the game suppose to be?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I've been soloing the game and I've noticed something odd. At quest locations, enemies are around the same level as I am. However getting to the location, I'm running into large groups of enemies much higher than I. I try to sneak and avoid them but in the open they often spot me as soon as I spot them. Is this how the game suppose to be?
The game tries to scale depending on player level so if higher players are between you and the quest the enemy will scale to those players.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the purveyor exists everyone should be getting some 3* weapons, or 2* if the cost is a better deal for you. I'm looking for a decent Plasma or Tesla rifle myself. After all this time playing, I still haven't found a single explosive weapon.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Now that the purveyor exists everyone should be getting some 3* weapons, or 2* if the cost is a better deal for you. I'm looking for a decent Plasma or Tesla rifle myself. After all this time playing, I still haven't found a single explosive weapon.
I had a decent plasma but it chewed through fusion cores so I traded it when the vendor turned up.

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone experiencing more frequent crashes to the desktop on PC since the last patch? I've verified my installation, updated my display drivers, remove all mods, and run the game as admin, but I'm still getting several crashes in the span of an hour.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone experiencing more frequent crashes to the desktop on PC since the last patch? I've verified my installation, updated my display drivers, remove all mods, and run the game as admin, but I'm still getting several crashes in the span of an hour.

I have had more crashes since last patch then ever in general of playing on PC.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah I have had very minor crashes before the latest patch maybe 4 total, and since it I have had at least 6

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hmm, I started the Pioneer Scout stuff finally, but a lot of these badges seem a bit grindy. Maybe I'll have to just slowly churn them out, but when I looked up what was needed for finishing the Tadpole quest, I just logged out.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

Aygomyownroad

Oct 27, 2017
I have decided to jump on this game. It is cheap enough and with all the updates I might as well (Fallout 4 is proably one of my game of the gen).

But I have one stupid question! I had to stop Sea of Thieves due to my newborn. He is nearly 1 and there may be times playing when I would need to nip up and see to him (I only play when the kids are in bed) to give him a bottle etc. So the question is... What should I do if I have to leave the game running for 5-10mins??? How big a problem would it be and can I be pick pocketed etc?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I have decided to jump on this game. It is cheap enough and with all the updates I might as well (Fallout 4 is proably one of my game of the gen).

But I have one stupid question! I had to stop Sea of Thieves due to my newborn. He is nearly 1 and there may be times playing when I would need to nip up and see to him (I only play when the kids are in bed) to give him a bottle etc. So the question is... What should I do if I have to leave the game running for 5-10mins??? How big a problem would it be and can I be pick pocketed etc?
Fast travel to anyones base. Never seen a base without defense.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017

Something could come attack you and your hunger/thirst will drain. You can just leave the server for however long you need and when you load back up you will be somewhere nearby usually. In adventure mode, other players can't really do anything to you and there is no pickpocketing.

TBH with a newborn baby, this game might be annoying with all the little things you have to keep up with lol. Maybe go a melee build so you don't have to grind or buy ammo, alleviate some of the busywork with this game.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
A new quest patch and new problems.

My X1X loads the new Arktos pharma quest starts fine for me but does not drop loot or xp when done.
My wifes X1X just crashes when going down the lift to the quest.

It seems to be a very common problem so expect a patch for the patch that got patched.

Last edited:

blakdeth

Oct 25, 2017

The thing I would watch out for is logging out mid-quest. I've lost progress on quests because I logged out or the game crashed. It's not significant progress, but if you've entered an area and cleared all the baddies, it can be frustrating to have to come back and do it again.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
A new quest patch and new problems.

My X1X loads the new Arktos pharma quest starts fine for me but does not drop loot or xp when done.
My wifes X1X just crashes when going down the lift to the quest.

It seems to be a very common problem so expect a patch for the patch that got patched.

I came back to playing on X1 after multiple crashes since the last patch for PC... 1 step forward 2 steps back it seems. New content seems neat though.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Haven't played in a while but it's pretty cool we can all be vendors. Sold some weapons and costumes I don't use and bought some plans . May eventually get lucky enough to find some plans for power armor mods I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.