• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Is there any way to get a fire breathers outfit? I got rid of mine a while ago and wanna get one back just cuz.

PJsprojects someone was selling a T60 Jetpack plan so I finally jumped. I was just short a single stable cobalt.

Last edited:

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm struggling with the archery badge.

I can't get this crossbow to need to be repaired! I've shot like two hundred bolts with it and satisfied every other requirement but I can't get it to wear down.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling with the archery badge.

I can't get this crossbow to need to be repaired! I've shot like two hundred bolts with it and satisfied every other requirement but I can't get it to wear down.
Yea. Mine was pretty bad because I created it with +130% condition :( But I just did other badges while I did the crossbow shooting. Mine did some decent damage, so I just snuck around and played like normal. And before you knew it, I had all my crossbow kills plus it was damaged a lil.

It gets easier after the first time because you can only repair up to 100% thereafter.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Try using it to bash enemies instead
Yea. Mine was pretty bad because I created it with +130% condition :( But I just did other badges while I did the crossbow shooting. Mine did some decent damage, so I just snuck around and played like normal. And before you knew it, I had all my crossbow kills plus it was damaged a lil.

It gets easier after the first time because you can only repair up to 100% thereafter.

Good tips! I'm assuming the gunsmith perk effects this as well? I've removed it but it still is taking forever to damage it by shooting bolts. I'd be impressed if I didnt actually want it damaged. Lol.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So with the first season of content coming to an end, I imagine they will reveal what's included next season at their conference?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
The fall release is the big one and it's still upcoming.

Also, I got my backpack! So nice having 60 extra pounds.
Yeah got mine last weekend, Picked up the nuka cola skin. Super cool +60 is wonderful!
3BLjAIi.jpg

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I haven't gotten my backpack yet because all the badges seem so grindy...I look at what I need to do and just log out. The cooking one seemed easy but apparently getting some of the recipes is random?

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I haven't gotten my backpack yet because all the badges seem so grindy...I look at what I need to do and just log out. The cooking one seemed easy but apparently getting some of the recipes is random?

Athletic, hunter, and archery. Hunter is easy. Athletic is super easy. Hardest part of archery was damaging the crossbow enough to need repairs.

Overall it was fun. Hunter is cool because it challenges you to find animals and kill them with different weapon types.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Athletic, hunter, and archery. Hunter is easy. Athletic is super easy. Hardest part of archery was damaging the crossbow enough to need repairs.

Overall it was fun. Hunter is cool because it challenges you to find animals and kill them with different weapon types.
Trick with Archery one is to craft a low level one, then bash enemies with melee it gets down to repair really fast for the first one, then the 2nd and 3rd are about 3 liberator smacks each!

(remember to unequip your weapon damage reduction perk if you have one)

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Trick with Archery one is to craft a low level one, then bash enemies with melee it gets down to repair really fast for the first one, then the 2nd and 3rd are about 3 liberator smacks each!

(remember to unequip your weapon damage reduction perk if you have one)

Haha. I didn't even consider a lower level one. Oh well, it's done now, and it was fun anyway.

Need to do the rest of the badges for the backpack upgrades.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So it looks like dome 7 is bugged (Xbox) after unlocking the sliding wall you get sort of stuck in thin air as you enter the little room and so can't reach the keypad. The other two domes are still fine.

Still no backpack and on pc still no sodding camera! I must of visited spawn site a hundred times...

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
How is the performance on PS4?

Was thinking about jumping ship from PC during the sale since my PC isn't quite able to do it to my satisfaction despite running Fallout 4 decently. Too much stuttering.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
How is the performance on PS4?

Was thinking about jumping ship from PC during the sale since my PC isn't quite able to do it to my satisfaction despite running Fallout 4 decently.
Not sure about base PS4 but the game runs better than on X1X on the Pro but still has the odd pause from time to time.

I play on all platforms so noticed this from day one and never seen the way the game performs between platforms change when compared to each other.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I play on base PS4. Patches helped a lot with performance surprisingly, it only really runs like poop with large groups.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So how bout them human NPCs?

Looking forward to the future of the game. I think they're on the right track.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The only thing disappointing was it looked like the watered down dialogue choices of Fallout 4. Hopefully it's a little more varied.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Everything looked good. I'm more interested in new weapons and armor, and there was some brief flashes of stuff in the presentation. I saw a bow and arrow, more power armor, and i need to look again to see if there is more.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Everything looked good. I'm more interested in new weapons and armor, and there was some brief flashes of stuff in the presentation. I saw a bow and arrow, more power armor, and i need to look again to see if there is more.
Saw someone keep spamming something about seeing a laser musket in Juicehead's chat.

God, I hope its true. I need that weapon back in my wasteland life.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully now that we're getting companions, that can lay the ground work for getting Automatron functionality in the game down the line.

Was easily my favorite part of Fallout 4 and I need Robot Wars in this game.

Last edited:

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully now that we're getting companions, that can lay the ground work for getting Automatron functionality in the game down the line.

Was my easily favorite part of Fallout 4 and I need Robot Wars in this game.

They already did it with FO4, to me it seems like it would be a fairly easy thing for them to add in a future update. I know the combat balance is going to be tricky when you add in companions to the game like this, so perhaps make them a bit nerfed, create more uses for companions like being able to perform tasks for you or give you straight buffs instead of pure combat.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Besides the d/c during the character creator forcing me to redo everything, it's been smooth on PS4 Pro so far (besides a few stutters).
Also no trophies? Will these unlock once I buy the full game?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This BR is actually... really good?

I'm kinda shocked. Performance is great, very easy to pick up and play without lots of inventory management, games seem to be pretty quick.

I mean, it has no shot to be as popular as Fortnite, Apex, and PUBG, but this is a very serviceable BR for Fallout fans.

Between this, NPC story quests coming, adventure mode, and survival mode this game is shaping up to have something for everyone.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Feels good to be playing this again.

Love being that guy that just runs in and knocks the head off of everything with a big stick while everyone else is just hanging back taking pistol shots.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So, I tried the game for less than an hour so far, just cuz it's free. And...
Well, I'll start with something less surprising... I managed to get stuck in "crush on launch" loop until I reverted some changes by editing the ini. Also second ever scorched I met was halfway into the ground. Considering we are talking less than 60 minutes, that's bethesda for you.

Now for less predictable.

This start is like.... way better than fallout 4. It's more hands off, doesn't trip over itself showing you all the cool actiony stuff. Just lets you slowly explore the early area that seems quite well designed. Full of detail, enviromnetal story telling. I am guessing this loses its luster after a few hours, but so far, utterly surprised considering game's reputation.

Oct 27, 2017
So, I tried the game for less than an hour so far, just cuz it's free. And...
Well, I'll start with something less surprising... I managed to get stuck in "crush on launch" loop until I reverted some changes by editing the ini. Also second ever scorched I met was halfway into the ground. Considering we are talking less than 60 minutes, that's bethesda for you.

Now for less predictable.

This start is like.... way better than fallout 4. It's more hands off, doesn't trip over itself showing you all the cool actiony stuff. Just lets you slowly explore the early area that seems quite well designed. Full of detail, enviromnetal story telling. I am guessing this loses its luster after a few hours, but so far, utterly surprised considering game's reputation.
The whole thing is environmental story, that's one of the reasons people hated it.

It does get a little old after awhile but was never a deal breaker for me.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I was one of the few people who enjoyed it, too. Waking up from the vault late and exploring the surface for the first time and realizing everyone is dead. It gives you a great feeling of isolation and vibes of being the last person in the world or something as you piece together what happened and why everyone died.

The Fallout 4 opening was okay until you meet Preston, get a full suit of Power Armor, and proceed to mow down a Deathclaw which is supposed to be the scariest and most fearsome beast in Fallout lore, then it was just terrible. Fallout 76's nature of just letting you leave the vault and then saying "Okay, here's this giant fucking world we created for you, have fun exploring" is vastly preferred, IMO.

I appreciate that they tried to do something different where any person you meet was an actual real person and survivor and realizing many people did not like this so they gave the community what they wanted and now there's a huge update with traditional NPC storytelling coming.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that it's possible to have high quality environmental storytelling and a sense of isolation/existing in a world overrun by nature while also including characters and dialogue options. Bethesda took one of the only saving graces in their games out of Fallout 76. The world feels dead. Dead as in it's obvious you're in a video game because the only meaningful interactions you can have are killing dumb ai enemies that animate horribly.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The battle royal mode doesn't look bad at all honestly. I do kind of wish that they had spent all of the time and resources that they put into that mode into the main game instead though. Even more NPCs, new quests, environments, etc. I doubt this will happen since 76 isn't free to play but I would hate to see the main game abandoned in favor of BR like what happened with Fortnite. There's no excuse for the way the game launched but I picked the game up last week and honestly it's pretty fun nowadays. If you're into survival elements, exporation, character customization, and base building... there's a lot to like. The combat feels punchier than Fallout 4's did too.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yeah, for me it's about the NPCs and quests as well. God tired of legendary and mod farming in the 100s. I had basically everything I wanted and was soloing silo runs but the bugginess of basses and the slog of farming put me over the edge to quit. Honestly I'd like better base stuff because it really got down to min maxing how much stuff I could fit in there. Did they ever fix PVP level handicap shenanigans?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Gosh, the BR mode is really f'n fun. The map works so good for that and the skills and loot placements are well thought through. Really surprised how good it is and how good the progression system feels too. That's something that could definitely keep such a game fresh and alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.