• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm loving it
I hate most other BR modes because of how long they take and size of the map.
This is a small map and takes tops 20 minutes to finish a game.
Just tried my first game and had fun running around and playing instruments in the lobby and then I spawn stuck in some thing and can get out.

It looks like it teams of 4 right? I'm not playing with a mic, is that needed for this BR game? Used to have a "friend" that played this game a lot but think he deleted me when I started playing Days Gone and other stuff.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I hope they add the option for a solo and duos mode, too.

I assume over time we'll see a BR map for each "zone" on the map. A BR in The Mire at night would be amazing.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
First real game I got in. Killed one person and downed another. Died when I used a grenade launcher to kill a mutant hound. Then I watched as my teammate who didn't kill a single person was in the remaining 3 players lol.

Seems fun, just gotta get used to it all. The items I pick up as well as how stimpacks and everything work in this mode.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Installed, played for hour and a half...And...Is this it? Empty world, not in a good way but in a "Not going to bother to put anything here" way, the C.A.M.P system seems arbitrary as hell. "NO, you can't place here. NO!...But here a yard away is fine."

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Installed, played for hour and a half...And...Is this it? Empty world, not in a good way but in a "Not going to bother to put anything here" way, the C.A.M.P system seems arbitrary as hell. "NO, you can't place here. NO!...But here a yard away is fine."

Havent played in a while but that's definitely not it. The biomes/towns get progressively more interesting.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about an hour in to the free trial on PC, and I have actually dug what I have experienced so far. It seems like a leaner Fallout 4 where I can zone out, have a podcast in the background, and explore through the gorgeous environments

Question, now that I have completed the tutorial quest line, how do I find more quests? Is it a matter of poking around and stumbling onto them?

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about an hour in to the free trial on PC, and I have actually dug what I have experienced so far. It seems like a leaner Fallout 4 where I can zone out, have a podcast in the background, and explore through the gorgeous environments

Question, now that I have completed the tutorial quest line, how do I find more quests? Is it a matter of poking around and stumbling onto them?
They can pop up randomly, or via holotapes or notes. Do the overseer quest lines to get to new places. I believe some quests open up at some of those places.

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also check terminals, even if you don't actually read the entries you just comb through em you'll occassionally start a quest, though if you want the lore I'd read most of the terminal enteries.
Events aren't missions but can have good community interactions, and also give good loot and XP. I'd say for early on Morgantown airport is a great spot and has a good easy event.

There's also this map that could end up being helpful if you're having trouble finding side quests and main quests.
fo76map.com

Fallout 76 Map | Interactive Map of Fallout 76 Locations

Interactive Map of Fallout 76 Locations and Spawns. Find weapons, resource nodes, power armor, holotapes and more! Use the progress tracker to find everything you need!

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Also check terminals, even if you don't actually read the entries you just comb through em you'll occassionally start a quest, though if you want the lore I'd read most of the terminal enteries.
Events aren't missions but can have good community interactions, and also give good loot and XP. I'd say for early on Morgantown airport is a great spot and has a good easy event.

There's also this map that could end up being helpful if you're having trouble finding side quests and main quests.
fo76map.com

Fallout 76 Map | Interactive Map of Fallout 76 Locations

Interactive Map of Fallout 76 Locations and Spawns. Find weapons, resource nodes, power armor, holotapes and more! Use the progress tracker to find everything you need!
Yeah I happened to start some quests by walking into random buildings combing through the terminals
Thanks again for the tip!

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Actually won a game where it was all on me. Granted I was hiding 90% of the time, was still exciting beating the 2 at the end. Lucky to have found power armor early so that helped in the end I suppose.

Harpua

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an audio bug on Xbox that knocks out system audio?

I've tried starting a game twice now and both times my system level audio is gone once the sequence starts with waking up. I hear the beginning of good morning and then audio is gone. I've had to hard reset my 1X to get it back.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Our team won a NW event last night by setting off a nuke.
First time I have seen a nuke launched in that mode and had to laugh when we all died, great fun.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I tried the beta wen this first came out and kind of enjoyed but it had ton of bugs back then but playing this all week now with the free trial and damn,I might actually keep on playing now,I really like it and I didnt even try the Survival and Battle Royale type parts yet...it runs well on the Pro but wondering if I should grab it on the 1X instead,I am only level 11...my friend was suppose to try it with me on PS4 but bailed.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I tried the beta wen this first came out and kind of enjoyed but it had ton of bugs back then but playing this all week now with the free trial and damn,I might actually keep on playing now,I really like it and I didnt even try the Survival and Battle Royale type parts yet...it runs well on the Pro but wondering if I should grab it on the 1X instead,I am only level 11...my friend was suppose to try it with me on PS4 but bailed.
I main on X1X but play on Pro as well. Pro has better performance than 1X on this game.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I main on X1X but play on Pro as well. Pro has better performance than 1X on this game.

Really...? okay well I will probably keep playing on the Pro if I grab it...50 % off,making it 40 some bucks CAD is not bad...might check if I can find a physical copy even cheaper somewhere over the weekend first...and there's always the ''it might come to Gamepass next month'' thing now lol ;)

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Even when I lose I have some fun. Just had a game where I finished 2nd, game was 22 minutes and I seriously only had 3 A.I. kills. If I had spot the last guy first I could've won but he had the high ground.

Shit would definitely be easier playing with friends but it's not impossible playing with ransoms.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hey Era,

So my friend and I are new to the game and have managed to get to lvl 17/19. We've been enjoying it so far and just had a few questions in regards to the later content. So is there any endgame content in this game like raids or dungeons, was really curious about this due to the fact that I'm seeing some high level players in all the servers I've joined. Also, how many people can actually join a server? I feel like the world map when I look at it doesn't show a booming community unless there's a small cap? Oh and the NPC announcement at E3 is what really got my friend and I interested in playing plus the fact that it was selling for a cheap price. What can we expect from that and when is it going to come to the game. Any tips are also appreciated seeing as how we're still trying to understand the game lol.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Hey Era,

So my friend and I are new to the game and have managed to get to lvl 17/19. We've been enjoying it so far and just had a few questions in regards to the later content. So is there any endgame content in this game like raids or dungeons, was really curious about this due to the fact that I'm seeing some high level players in all the servers I've joined. Also, how many people can actually join a server? I feel like the world map when I look at it doesn't show a booming community unless there's a small cap? Oh and the NPC announcement at E3 is what really got my friend and I interested in playing plus the fact that it was selling for a cheap price. What can we expect from that and when is it going to come to the game. Any tips are also appreciated seeing as how we're still trying to understand the game lol.
Let's see if I can answer some of this.

Endgame - Yes joining the Enclave and launching a nuke at the main fisher site will spawn a Scorchbeast queen that will require very high level players with a lot of ammo to kill it.

Dungeons - Yes try Arktos Pharma (lvl 50+) or the Sheepsquish event in the Ashheap region.

Tips - Gather Black titanium, gather fusion cores(see one of my previous posts in this thread for locations). Unlock the TNT domes(see YouTube).

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Let's see if I can answer some of this.

Endgame - Yes joining the Enclave and launching a nuke at the main fisher site will spawn a Scorchbeast queen that will require very high level players with a lot of ammo to kill it.

Dungeons - Yes try Arktos Pharma (lvl 50+) or the Sheepsquish event in the Ashheap region.

Tips - Gather Black titanium, gather fusion cores(see one of my previous posts in this thread for locations). Unlock the TNT domes(see YouTube).

Thanks for the helpful tips, so much stuff to look forward to then. I've honestly been really enjoying the game and while yes the NPCs not being present can be upsetting everything else I've been enjoying. It feels like the game has clicked for me and I've been putting in some hours now. Really looking forward to that update in fall.

Server instances are capped at 24 players.
Ah, so that makes sense! Was wondering why I wasn't seeing a ton of people online. Wonder how many servers are out there.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Havent played in a while but that's definitely not it. The biomes/towns get progressively more interesting.
Well that's a shame because that game killed my interest in that time that I played it. It's just a lack-luster survival sim, without any of the better aspects of the genre and the Fallout motif plastered on like an Edgar-suit.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Well that's a shame because that game killed my interest in that time that I played it. It's just a lack-luster survival sim, without any of the better aspects of the genre and the Fallout motif plastered on like an Edgar-suit.

That's your call I guess.... I love the survival genre but I dont find them similar to 76 at all personally. Sure base building is similar but 76 bosses, quests, towns, nukes, dungeons are all things separate from standard survival games.

A lot of people make up their mind real quick about 76 and that's fine. There are a lot of games out there and people only have so much time. Bugs and lack of NPCs made me hesitate the first time anyways. Though your conclusion is definitely one of the more... unique ones I've seen.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
That's your call I guess.... I love the survival genre but I dont find them similar to 76 at all personally. Sure base building is similar but 76 bosses, quests, towns, nukes, dungeons are all things separate from standard survival games.

A lot of people make up their mind real quick about 76 and that's fine. There are a lot of games out there and people only have so much time. Bugs and lack of NPCs made me hesitate the first time anyways. Though your conclusion is definitely one of the more... unique ones I've seen.
"This game isn't for me" hardly seems a unique take on one of the biggest controversies of 2018? I gave it a shot because people claimed it had become somethign good. And sure, compared t oa lto of poor survival sims (Conan Exiles I'm looking at you....) it wasn't that bad. But still I didnt' enjoy it. I just wanted to have my little shack in a dried-out riverbed and mind my own damn business. Not have events and randos pop around. But I can get why people like it, just not for me.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
"This game isn't for me" hardly seems a unique take on one of the biggest controversies of 2018? I gave it a shot because people claimed it had become somethign good. And sure, compared t oa lto of poor survival sims (Conan Exiles I'm looking at you....) it wasn't that bad. But still I didnt' enjoy it. I just wanted to have my little shack in a dried-out riverbed and mind my own damn business. Not have events and randos pop around. But I can get why people like it, just not for me.

Ah gotcha. That makes a lot more sense. Yeah it only kinda half ass applied the survival concept.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Most people don't seem to have a mic and haven't really run into a lot of situations where I need to group up at lv20.

Can the endgame fights like the scorch queen be engaged in pretty casually or am I going to start having to look through message boards for people? Are they like the events where everybody is attracted to the spot on the map when they see it pop up and essentially auto grouped together working towards a quest goal?

Totally addicted to this game now. Waiting for a few updates to pile up was the right choice.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Most people don't seem to have a mic and haven't really run into a lot of situations where I need to group up at lv20.

Can the endgame fights like the scorch queen be engaged in pretty casually or am I going to start having to look through message boards for people? Are they like the events where everybody is attracted to the spot on the map when they see it pop up and essentially auto grouped together working towards a quest goal?

Totally addicted to this game now. Waiting for a few updates to pile up was the right choice.

Pretty much no strategy is required for any boss

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England

Every time I have seen the prime Fisher site nuked a lot of players have gathered but it's still rock solid to down a Scorch beast queen.
To a lesser extent the Sheepsquish event tends to draw players but again you need a few high lvl players to beat it. As for mic on pc I have spoke to a few randoms but most don't realise how to enable push to talk when using a controller.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Sorry to jump in late to the thread, but I'm curious if the game has cleaned up all of its launch bugs/problems. How does it play at this point? I haven't played it yet, but I don't have a horse in the race, I just want to know if it has recovered from its bungled launch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would two level 50 players be enough to do engame content like scorchbeasts? I play with my wife and we don't fancy joining up with other people.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Would two level 50 players be enough to do engame content like scorchbeasts? I play with my wife and we don't fancy joining up with other people.
Scorchbeasts yes no probs. Scorchbeast queen no chance but as I mentioned players just sort of gather when that kicks off.
You don't need to team up with them to down the Queen but you do need as many players as possible with lots of firepower.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Sorry to jump in late to the thread, but I'm curious if the game has cleaned up all of its launch bugs/problems. How does it play at this point? I haven't played it yet, but I don't have a horse in the race, I just know if it has recovered from its bungled launch.
It's a lot more stable than it was but on rare occasions it can crash on any platform. Other than that and the odd frame rate hickup on console or low/medium end pc it's fine.

zorbsie

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my backpack from the scouts. Is there a reason to keep grinding the tadpole and possum badges? And is there a guide anywhere to help with the grind?

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Finally got my backpack from the scouts. Is there a reason to keep grinding the tadpole and possum badges? And is there a guide anywhere to help with the grind?

I wanted the refrigerated mod for mine—it took a while to accomplish. I found using a copy of this helpful Google Sheets spreadsheet made it easier to target what I wanted to accomplish. (This is a preview of the sheet...you'll have to save a copy to use it.)

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Thanks so much. Backpack mods are another thing I wanted to look into.

On level 50 backpacks:

The armor-plated mod adds 91 damage resistance (but decreases carry weight from 60 to 30)
The high-capacity mod doubles carry weight from 60 to 120 (but reduces radiation/energy resistance by 60)
The refrigeration mod decreases the spoilage rate of food (but decreases radiation/energy resistance by 60 and drops the carry weight from 60 to 30; it also doesn't stack with the Good With Salt perk)
The lead-lined mod increases radiation resistance by 90 (but decreases carry weight from 60 to 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.