• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I mean this was pretty trashy. They should have at least waited until Wastelanders launched.

Bethesda is either really daft or they just don't give a fuck.

Their timing with this is just horrendous. It sucks that Wastelanders was postponed, but whatever, it happens and if that makes it a better product in the end then so be it. But you don't announce a big delay on a much anticipated addition to the game and replace it with the addition of a paid subscription plan in the meantime.

Like, if Wastelanders came out first and was great, and then they added something like this with the ability to mod the private servers as well as keeping them up without the need for the host to be online and while it would still get shit on it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

They just have no shame introducing it now.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Bethesda is either really daft or they just don't give a fuck.

Their timing with this is just horrendous. It sucks that Wastelanders was postponed, but whatever, it happens and if that makes it a better product in the end then so be it. But you don't announce a big delay on a much anticipated addition to the game and replace it with the addition of a paid subscription plan in the meantime.

Like, if Wastelanders came out first and was great, and then they added something like this with the ability to mod the private servers as well as keeping them up without the need for the host to be online and while it would still get shit on it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

They just have no shame introducing it now.

Yup huge misstep not using the launch of Wastelanders to soften the blow.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Well the wife subbed to the new service so we have a private server on Xbox. Should be good for getting those rare items that get farmed.
It worked out cheaper to sub than to buy an Atom pack and she gets to keep the outfit, remote camp and junk box if the sub runs out.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Well the wife subbed to the new service so we have a private server on Xbox. Should be good for getting those rare items that get farmed.
It worked out cheaper to sub than to buy an Atom pack and she gets to keep the outfit, remote camp and junk box if the sub runs out.

Would love to know how she appears on your friends list when on a private server? Does it tell you any info. Gonna be awkward as I like to jump on peoples servers when the game keeps dumping me on the same dead servers over and over.

Also the sound was enhanced/fixed on Xbox One X? The world sounds alive all of a sudden

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Astounding.

It so clear the game isn't hitting the profit targets it was projected to, so they resorted to this. A broken game, a cosmetic store full of fucking crap like goddamn sleeping bags, and now this

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Astounding.

It so clear the game isn't hitting the profit targets it was projected to, so they resorted to this. A broken game, a cosmetic store full of fucking crap like goddamn sleeping bags, and now this

At what point is it not a broken game? Folks who clearly don't care keep saying this despite the year of regular patches and content updates.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I mean the game world is loaded on your machine, I don't see why they couldn't have done p2p for hell, even just two players, for free other than greed.

The game isn't setup for p2p, the server world still is run and hosted by bethesda servers. The gameworld loaded on your machine is just the instance of content you are seeing, all the hosting duty and the world is run on the actual server. That is why they are charging to host private games

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The private servers will only be worth it once they allow you to mod them. They also need to make the change where the host has to be online to always accessible if invited.

What is the point of a private server now? So you can solo grinding or raid with a few friends for no good reason?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So we tried the service on Xbox last night and can answer some questions
1. You get to keep the Ranger outfit, remote camp tent and scrap box if your sub ends.
2. You will not be able to deposit scrap in the box if your sub ands but you can still remove stuff.
3. Friends do not show as in game on social tab when in a private server but they do show up on Console friends list and so you can request to join.
4. All workshops stay built/owned when owner logs out
5. Farming hard to find rare items is better because nobody else has already taken everything.

I'm currently deciding if I should sub on pc or PS4 myself but leaning to PS due to not knowing how joining friend on pc private servers would work.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Cool. I understand the uproar over it but for someone who somewhat enjoys the game I wouldn't mind trying it out. If I had some friends that played on PS4 it would be great.

Can just imagine playing in a group of 8 and having the world.

whooter

Oct 27, 2017
The thread about the service is hilariously salty, but I'm absolutely signing up for this once my playthrough of The Outer Worlds is complete. Fight me. :)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Things such as Hunters long coat,asylum red dress,Fixer gun and that type of rare spawn that is held in great regard.

Damn bro, the fact you are paying for a private server just to farm rare stuff by yourself is beyond addiction. You might be the most hardcore person on the planet for Fallout 76. LOL

It's amazing how they do so well with the game on fixing things, then they go and fuck it up with some big mistake.

So the new thing is now the private servers aren't really private (just old re-used ones or something?) and the scrap box is deleting scrap. I'm sorry, but even though these devs have stuck with this game and continue to fix other things and support it they 100% deserve the shit they get because stuff like this is just inexcusable.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So the new thing is now the private servers aren't really private (just old re-used ones or something?) and the scrap box is deleting scrap. I'm sorry, but even though these devs have stuck with this game and continue to fix other things and support it they 100% deserve the shit they get because stuff like this is just inexcusable.

They keep taking 2 steps forwards, 3 steps back

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Damn bro, the fact you are paying for a private server just to farm rare stuff by yourself is beyond addiction. You might be the most hardcore person on the planet for Fallout 76. LOL
Lol,nah we had the server just to get the free stuff that you get to keep and the Atoms,but yeah a bunch of us have put many hundreds of hours in to the game and still enjoy it so happy enough I guess.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Bethesda actually never used the term "private server". They call it private worlds which is probably just an instance that is invite only.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Damn maintenance on day 2 of Fallout 1st. lol

Sure seems like they got caught with their pants down with the delay of Wastelanders. This should've launched with controls to select privacy level of your world. Not using friends list to server hop into they implement that, Don't want to be jumping into people's private world unannounced. Stash should've been 500pounds free/Unlimited Fallout 1st perk.

Anyways adios VE Fixer, Hello Hulk a.k.a AAE Gatling Laser!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Well I'm enjoying the event and up to now got a few of the higher tier rewards and the Legendary rewards are racking up scrip pretty well.

I don't really play as much, what is scrip again? I think I remember reading you turn in useless legendary weapons in exchange for scrip and then it's a currency you use to purchase legendary guns you want, right? Is it worth doing or are the scrip requirements for good weapons so high it's an awful grind?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I've come back to this again with a new character.

I know the game gets a lot of hate, but I still enjoy wandering the wasteland, killing, and looting.

Anyone have any good builds worth sharing for someone starting fresh? Preferably rifles and energy weapons?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I've come back to this again with a new character.

I know the game gets a lot of hate, but I still enjoy wandering the wasteland, killing, and looting.

Anyone have any good builds worth sharing for someone starting fresh? Preferably rifles and energy weapons?
Try converting a pipe pistol in to a pipe rifle and running both the marksman, pistol perks as well as the rifle perks so in other words your getting both the perks from a rifle build and a pistol build all in one.
If possible find a pipe pistol with anti armour and explosive shot.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I don't really play as much, what is scrip again? I think I remember reading you turn in useless legendary weapons in exchange for scrip and then it's a currency you use to purchase legendary guns you want, right? Is it worth doing or are the scrip requirements for good weapons so high it's an awful grind?
Yep Scrip is got by cashing in rubbish legendary stuff and is used to buy a random legendary gun or armour. A lot of the higher level players including myself will but legendary stuff from other players vending machines just to Scrip it in.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Yep Scrip is got by cashing in rubbish legendary stuff and is used to buy a random legendary gun or armour. A lot of the higher level players including myself will but legendary stuff from other players vending machines just to Scrip it in.
And here I thought I was the only one to do that lol. It's like Christmas for me when someone I selling a 3 star board for a 200 caps. I'm not rolling in caps and don't play long enough to farm but have a decent amount to waste just to get scrip.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Not sure what changed between yesterday and today. But had the game crash twice loading into event and hard lock at the end. Great time to be had

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Not sure what changed between yesterday and today. But had the game crash twice loading into event and hard lock at the end. Great time to be had
It seems that the new event causes problems, mainly on PlayStation with crashes and lag.
I can't say for base models but Pro runs worse than X or pc but I've seen server lag on all platforms.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I sold all my old legendary gear that was sitting in my stash and used it to buy a 3 star ranged weapon but it was a crappy black powder rifle. :(

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
What an I doing wrong over here? Seems like after the first day I can't get the candy count to go up with raiding the bowls in the courtyard. It's gone up from finding stuff in containers and bodies outside White Springs.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Well I got the glowing skeleton costume. I know Halloween is over, but it took a lot of work to get it, so I'll probably just run around in it until the Christmas stuff comes out.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I really want to try this on PC, but given its history and a new sub model $40 seems a bit steep. I was hoping keys would be selling for like 15 or less.

OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Tomorrow is one year after the launch of this game. It's a little odd looking back now at this launch. I was so adamant on defending this title, it was very naive and stubborn of me. Ultimately it did not live to my expectations (I don't think it lived to anyone's expectations, whatever they were, really), and even I had many internal doubts about it. I still think it had its sparse moments of greatness — the world is very unique, some quests are very well designed, enemy variety is great, and I love the myths and cryptids... but other than that, I dropped this very quickly. Hopefully Wastelanders is enough to get me back, but Bethesda's management doesn't seem to have that intention with their constant stream of awful decisions.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Tomorrow is one year after the launch of this game. It's a little odd looking back now at this launch. I was so adamant on defending this title, it was very naive and stubborn of me. Ultimately it did not live to my expectations (I don't think it lived to anyone's expectations, whatever they were, really), and even I had many internal doubts about it. I still think it had its sparse moments of greatness — the world is very unique, some quests are very well designed, enemy variety is great, and I love the myths and cryptids... but other than that, I dropped this very quickly. Hopefully Wastelanders is enough to get me back, but Bethesda's management doesn't seem to have that intention with their constant stream of awful decisions.

I feel like I got my money's worth. Exploring the map was fun as well as looting enemies along the way for better gear and enhancing stuff via workbenches and leveling up to acquire more perks cards. Once I finished clearing the map and most of they storylines via holotapes there was zero incentive for me to keep playing, however.

I was starting to grind for things and even server hopping a bit (which I still just find super lame) and whatnot but then I was like "what the hell am I doing, this is not fun at all" and haven't really played since. I was also maybe interested in building a camp but when I realized most of the cool stuff is going to be locked behind their cash shop I nope'd out of that fast, too.

I'm hoping Wastelanders is great and I pray the dialogue choices are much more varied than Fallout 4's.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone still regularly play on Xbox that would be willing to help me with the revive challenge for the boy scout questline?

Just came back to the game after a long hiatus and was disappointed to see that objective since I never interact with ransoms. And running around praying for anyone to drop seems so silly.

Ill be on after 9 PST most nights. DM me for my tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.